Anyone have bearing numbers for Bridgport VS head?

Anyone have bearing numbers for Bridgport VS head?

Post by Jon Anderso » Mon, 18 Aug 1997 04:00:00



I want to go through the head of my VS Bridgeport and replace all the
bearings. One or more is noisy, and I'd just as soon do them all at
once.
Does anyone have a little list tucked away somewhere with the bearing
numbers so I can order from a bearing house -before- I take it all
apart?

Thanks,

Jon

 
 
 

Anyone have bearing numbers for Bridgport VS head?

Post by ANDY POPK » Mon, 18 Aug 1997 04:00:00


Quote:

> I want to go through the head of my VS Bridgeport and replace all the
> bearings. One or more is noisy, and I'd just as soon do them all at
> once.
> Does anyone have a little list tucked away somewhere with the bearing
> numbers so I can order from a bearing house -before- I take it all
> apart?

> Thanks,

> Jon

don't have a list but they are fairly common
and most bearing houses will have them

i suggest you get a set of front and back pulley bushings
and keys for same


 
 
 

Anyone have bearing numbers for Bridgport VS head?

Post by Dave Fick » Tue, 19 Aug 1997 04:00:00



Quote:

>don't have a list but they are fairly common
>and most bearing houses will have them

>i suggest you get a set of front and back pulley bushings
>and keys for same

This is sound advice. I would add that the bearings in a bridgeport
spindle are tough to kill and that many noises result from the above
bushings being worn rather than the actual spindle bearings.

Regards,
Dave Ficken
Meridian Machinery
http://pw2.netcom.com/~mermac

 
 
 

Anyone have bearing numbers for Bridgport VS head?

Post by Jon Anderso » Tue, 19 Aug 1997 04:00:00


Dave,

Already answered the bushing issue to Andy via email. Those were
replaced a couple years ago, it's seen less than a year's use total
since then.
New belt put in 6 months ago, bushings still nice and tight. At that
time, the very top bearing over the spindle was obviously noisy. I had a
less noisy bearing in my stash of stuff and replaced it. If this bearing
was going, all are suspect, and I'd rather just replace them all in one
shot that do the easy ones and find I have to take it apart again.

Yeah, it was real noisy before I replaced the bushings!

I'm hoping that someone took notice of the bearing numbers while thier's
was apart and wrote down the bearing numbers so as to be able to order
bearings in advance of a teardown.

Thanks,

Jon

 
 
 

Anyone have bearing numbers for Bridgport VS head?

Post by Jon Anderso » Tue, 19 Aug 1997 04:00:00


Forgot I had a BP manual, just found it looking for something else.
Whadaya know, BP was kind enough to list the bearing numbers...

Yeah, I do feel dumb.

Jon

 
 
 

Anyone have bearing numbers for Bridgport VS head?

Post by Dave Fick » Tue, 19 Aug 1997 04:00:00



Quote:

>Forgot I had a BP manual, just found it looking for something else.
>Whadaya know, BP was kind enough to list the bearing numbers...

>Yeah, I do feel dumb.

>Jon

Jon,

Don't feel bad. We all know that real men never read the manual until
the job is hopelessly bungled. How about posting the info here for the
benefit of others in your situation.

Dave