(OT) I am going to drive down to Raybrook NY to drink beer and have ribs.

(OT) I am going to drive down to Raybrook NY to drink beer and have ribs.

Post by Bill Darb » Wed, 17 Jul 2002 10:04:37



Yes Sir, want to try the "baby backs" at the Tail O' The Pup. Is there
any metal working stuff to see in that neck of the woods (between ribs,
that is).

Bill Darby .... Ottawa

 
 
 

(OT) I am going to drive down to Raybrook NY to drink beer and have ribs.

Post by Roy Haue » Wed, 17 Jul 2002 12:48:54


Well you would probably be better off coming straight to Alabama or
even South CArolina if you want some real baby backs done right! Its a
southern item you know ;-)  Best yet is Montanas in Gulfport
Mississippi......all you can eat for $9.99.  I am sure you would
stumble on somthing related to or even perhaps real metal working
between Ottawa and the Gulf Coast, such as the Slots in Gulfport/
Biloxi, ***'s  as there is always metal working  going on in those
machines 24/7



Quote:
>x<>-Yes Sir, want to try the "baby backs" at the Tail O' The Pup. Is there
>x<>-any metal working stuff to see in that neck of the woods (between ribs,
>x<>-that is).
>x<>-
>x<>-Bill Darby .... Ottawa

Opinions are strictly those of my wife....I have had no input whatsoever.
Remove capital A from chipmkr for correct email address
Regards

Website: http://www.FoundCollection.com/~chipmaker/default.html
Foxeye

 
 
 

(OT) I am going to drive down to Raybrook NY to drink beer and have ribs.

Post by John » Thu, 18 Jul 2002 05:41:43


Best ribs [in order] per my taste: 1.) Smokey Bones, Fairview Heights, IL;
2.) Super Smokers, Fairview Heights, IL; 3.) Hog Wild Pit Barbecue [St.
Louis style ribs]; 4.) Tony Roma's by Sunset Station out in Las Vegas.
 
 
 

(OT) I am going to drive down to Raybrook NY to drink beer and have ribs.

Post by Bill Darb » Thu, 18 Jul 2002 07:29:25


Quote:

> Best ribs [in order] per my taste: 1.) Smokey Bones, Fairview Heights, IL;
> 2.) Super Smokers, Fairview Heights, IL; 3.) Hog Wild Pit Barbecue [St.
> Louis style ribs]; 4.) Tony Roma's by Sunset Station out in Las Vegas.

I trust you John but shoot, I just want to get away for about three days
and kick back with some good food and enough beer to enjoy. Raybrook is
about a three hour drive. While Fairview might be better, it's a very
long three hours from here. (^:

I'll keep your post just in case I ever get down that way an I'll also
bear in mind Roy's suggestion of Montanas in Gulfport.

Thanks

Bill D

 
 
 

(OT) I am going to drive down to Raybrook NY to drink beer and have ribs.

Post by Mike Graha » Thu, 18 Jul 2002 08:34:13


Quote:

> I'll keep your post just in case I ever get down that way an I'll also
> bear in mind Roy's suggestion of Montanas in Gulfport.

  If you happen to be taking the grandkids to Disneyworld, check out Fat
Boys Barbecue.

--
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Mike Graham                  | Fighting the good fight against porosity,

<http://www.metalmangler.com>| try to correct the spelling of 'weldor'.

 
 
 

(OT) I am going to drive down to Raybrook NY to drink beer and have ribs.

Post by Carl Byrn » Thu, 18 Jul 2002 14:06:31


Quote:

> Yes Sir, want to try the "baby backs" at the Tail O' The Pup. Is there
> any metal working stuff to see in that neck of the woods (between ribs,
> that is).

> Bill Darby .... Ottawa

Too bad you can't make it down to Syracuse- gotta get a full rack at
Dinosaur Barbeque. The best.

-Carl

 
 
 

(OT) I am going to drive down to Raybrook NY to drink beer and have ribs.

Post by Bill Darb » Thu, 18 Jul 2002 15:49:39


Quote:


> > I'll keep your post just in case I ever get down that way an I'll also
> > bear in mind Roy's suggestion of Montanas in Gulfport.

>   If you happen to be taking the grandkids to Disneyworld, check out Fat
> Boys Barbecue.

These would be lo carb ribs, right Mike? wink! wink! Man I'm still
fighting the weight. That happens when you stop running every morning.

I get down that way a lot. (Your right...Grandkids)

And Carl...

Quote:
> Too bad you can't make it down to Syracuse- gotta get
> a full rack atDinosaur Barbeque. The best.
> -Carl

 I do get down to Syracuse now an then. I'll give the Dinosaur a shot if
I get a chance.

Got everything done but a new thrown for this darn bathroom and it goes
in tomorrow (plus a new sink and set a new lock on the new thunder proof
door)

Bill D

 
 
 

(OT) I am going to drive down to Raybrook NY to drink beer and have ribs.

Post by John » Fri, 19 Jul 2002 05:57:15


I was just listing my favorites, hoping that others would list theirs too.

I'm always on the road, and the older I get, the thing I look forward to
most anymore is a full slab of ribs looking up at me on the plate, with some
good baked beans, beer-battered onion rings, and a tall glass of unsweetened
iced tea with plenty of lemon, sometimes a good beer, like Warsteiner, if
available.

I've kept a copy of all these posts and am going to put them in my PIM so
when I pass through I can try out each of these recommendations. I find the
more meat I eat, the more I lose weight.  So, bring on the ribs!

 
 
 

(OT) I am going to drive down to Raybrook NY to drink beer and have ribs.

Post by Emmo » Fri, 19 Jul 2002 07:41:10


Add Lancaster's in Mooresville, NC.


Quote:
> I was just listing my favorites, hoping that others would list theirs too.

> I'm always on the road, and the older I get, the thing I look forward to
> most anymore is a full slab of ribs looking up at me on the plate, with
some
> good baked beans, beer-battered onion rings, and a tall glass of
unsweetened
> iced tea with plenty of lemon, sometimes a good beer, like Warsteiner, if
> available.

> I've kept a copy of all these posts and am going to put them in my PIM so
> when I pass through I can try out each of these recommendations. I find
the
> more meat I eat, the more I lose weight.  So, bring on the ribs!