Made any New Years Resolutions yet?

Made any New Years Resolutions yet?

Post by Suzie or Paul Beckwi » Mon, 10 Jan 2000 04:00:00



New Years Resolutions my a**... I've just taken stock of what I'm
doing at the moment, and how much of it there is (not that I'm showing
off or anything, its just made me think that there aren't enough hours
in the day, nor days in the week...

I'm busy cutting MQ-swap squares at the moment, and frantically making
4.5" siggy squares to send to Theresa in Washington for the siggy
square swap.

Then there's the Tumbling Blocks quilt, which now I've finished
changing green hexes for orange ones needs to be continued with. I've
got another three types of tumbling block-type pattern to make up,
after having put the yellow border round what I've done already.

Then there's the flying geese border to make for my sisters narrowboat
quilt, and of course, I've got to design and make the quilt as well...
a pieced narrowboat with a castle and rose design on it somewhere...

Then there's my Napoleonic historic quilt - Grandmothers Flower
Garden, which needs organising so that I can sit at shows this season
and stitch to my hearts content, so I need to prepare sets of hexes
etc...

Then there's my American Civil War quilt - squares and 45 degree
diamonds, which needs preparing right from the start, 'cos I've ony
just gotten the material for it (remember those purple roses on black?
team that up with lavender sprigs on white, and its a stunning
combination - trust me I'm a re-enactor...)

Then there's some little hexes for me to play with - 1" across, just
for the sheer hell of it...

Then theres all the material I bought in America which needs things
doing with it, and everyone we met I got to sign a siggy square, so I
need to make an American Visit Quilt with them.

Then of course there's the actual re-enacting to be done (with
campfire cookery and occasional powder-monkey duties) for three
different groups, two Napoleonic and one American Civil War group.

My web-page needs some serious work done on it, the artillery web-page
needs even more serious work done on it and I've just volunteered to
write a web-page for another re-enactment group.

I've got about 17 craft fairs booked to help out at (long and early
start whole-day jobs, heaving humping and great fun!), I also want to
make Christmas Cards to sell at some of these craft fairs, so need to
schedule time for those as well.

And of course I work full-time Monday-Friday...

Think I'm heading for a nervous breakdown?

It'll be fun tho!

Suzie B
--
Southend, UK
"You can always tell a quilter by the thread she wears..."
Remove "nospam" to reply

 
 
 

Made any New Years Resolutions yet?

Post by Imapear » Mon, 10 Jan 2000 04:00:00


Just think, if you do have that nervous breakdown, you will have even more
time to work on all of this!
Pearl



Quote:
> New Years Resolutions my a**... I've just taken stock of what I'm
> doing at the moment, and how much of it there is (not that I'm showing
> off or anything, its just made me think that there aren't enough hours
> in the day, nor days in the week...

> I'm busy cutting MQ-swap squares at the moment, and frantically making
> 4.5" siggy squares to send to Theresa in Washington for the siggy
> square swap.

> Then there's the Tumbling Blocks quilt, which now I've finished
> changing green hexes for orange ones needs to be continued with. I've
> got another three types of tumbling block-type pattern to make up,
> after having put the yellow border round what I've done already.

> Then there's the flying geese border to make for my sisters narrowboat
> quilt, and of course, I've got to design and make the quilt as well...
> a pieced narrowboat with a castle and rose design on it somewhere...

> Then there's my Napoleonic historic quilt - Grandmothers Flower
> Garden, which needs organising so that I can sit at shows this season
> and stitch to my hearts content, so I need to prepare sets of hexes
> etc...

> Then there's my American Civil War quilt - squares and 45 degree
> diamonds, which needs preparing right from the start, 'cos I've ony
> just gotten the material for it (remember those purple roses on black?
> team that up with lavender sprigs on white, and its a stunning
> combination - trust me I'm a re-enactor...)

> Then there's some little hexes for me to play with - 1" across, just
> for the sheer hell of it...

> Then theres all the material I bought in America which needs things
> doing with it, and everyone we met I got to sign a siggy square, so I
> need to make an American Visit Quilt with them.

> Then of course there's the actual re-enacting to be done (with
> campfire cookery and occasional powder-monkey duties) for three
> different groups, two Napoleonic and one American Civil War group.

> My web-page needs some serious work done on it, the artillery web-page
> needs even more serious work done on it and I've just volunteered to
> write a web-page for another re-enactment group.

> I've got about 17 craft fairs booked to help out at (long and early
> start whole-day jobs, heaving humping and great fun!), I also want to
> make Christmas Cards to sell at some of these craft fairs, so need to
> schedule time for those as well.

> And of course I work full-time Monday-Friday...

> Think I'm heading for a nervous breakdown?

> It'll be fun tho!

> Suzie B
> --
> Southend, UK
> "You can always tell a quilter by the thread she wears..."
> Remove "nospam" to reply


 
 
 

Made any New Years Resolutions yet?

Post by Pamela Ep » Mon, 10 Jan 2000 04:00:00


I don't think she would be able to have any sharp objects.

--
Pamela

 
 
 

Made any New Years Resolutions yet?

Post by QuiltR10 » Tue, 11 Jan 2000 04:00:00


Suzie,
     Sounds like you need a chart too - to keep track of your WIPs.

Kris  ( in northern ***ia  )

Quote:

>New Years Resolutions my a**... I've just taken stock of what I'm
>> doing at the moment, and how much of it there is (not that I'm showing
>> off or anything, its just made me think that there aren't enough hours
>> in the day, nor days in the week...

>> I'm busy cutting MQ-swap squares at the moment, and frantically making
>> 4.5" siggy squares to send to Theresa in Washington for the siggy
>> square swap.

>> Then there's the Tumbling Blocks quilt, which now I've finished
>> changing green hexes for orange ones needs to be continued with. I've
>> got another three types of tumbling block-type pattern to make up,
>> after having put the yellow border round what I've done already.

>> Then there's the flying geese border to make for my sisters narrowboat
>> quilt, and of course, I've got to design and make the quilt as well...
>> a pieced narrowboat with a castle and rose design on it somewhere...

>> Then there's my Napoleonic historic quilt - Grandmothers Flower
>> Garden, which needs organising so that I can sit at shows this season
>> and stitch to my hearts content, so I need to prepare sets of hexes
>> etc...

>> Then there's my American Civil War quilt - squares and 45 degree
>> diamonds, which needs preparing right from the start, 'cos I've ony
>> just gotten the material for it (remember those purple roses on black?
>> team that up with lavender sprigs on white, and its a stunning
>> combination - trust me I'm a re-enactor...)

>> Then there's some little hexes for me to play with - 1" across, just
>> for the sheer hell of it...

>> Then theres all the material I bought in America which needs things
>> doing with it, and everyone we met I got to sign a siggy square, so I
>> need to make an American Visit Quilt with them.

>> Then of course there's the actual re-enacting to be done (with
>> campfire cookery and occasional powder-monkey duties) for three
>> different groups, two Napoleonic and one American Civil War group.

>> My web-page needs some serious work done on it, the artillery web-page
>> needs even more serious work done on it and I've just volunteered to
>> write a web-page for another re-enactment group.

>> I've got about 17 craft fairs booked to help out at (long and early
>> start whole-day jobs, heaving humping and great fun!), I also want to
>> make Christmas Cards to sell at some of these craft fairs, so need to
>> schedule time for those as well.

>> And of course I work full-time Monday-Friday...

>> Think I'm heading for a nervous breakdown?

>> It'll be fun tho!

>> Suzie B
>> --

Kris  ( in northern ***ia  )
 
 
 

Made any New Years Resolutions yet?

Post by Suzie or Paul Beckwi » Tue, 11 Jan 2000 04:00:00



Quote:
>Suzie,
>     Sounds like you need a chart too - to keep track of your WIPs.

>Kris  ( in northern ***ia  )

Yeah - and I suppose you want me to design THAT as well... as if I
didn't have enough to do...

Suzie B
--
Southend, UK
"You can always tell a quilter by the thread she wears..."
Remove "nospam" to reply

 
 
 

Made any New Years Resolutions yet?

Post by QuiltR10 » Thu, 20 Jan 2000 04:00:00




Quote:

>Yeah - and I suppose you want me to design THAT as well... as if I
>didn't have enough to do...

Doh!   --- it's didn't work did it  (  need more lessons in hint dropping do I
).    Just kidding,   I printed out two copies of the list of my WIPs, after I
listed all 46 of them here on the ng.  I keep one copy in my sewing room & the
other in my purse.  It keeps me under a little control in the fabric stores.
Everytime I see that list in my purse ( while I going to the fabric store) I
get a slight little guilt feeling about not going overboard with the shopping.

   My new motto is to "Finish one WIP each month".    I can still start all the
others ones that I want though.  ( grin  ).

Kris  ( in northern ***ia )

 
 
 

Made any New Years Resolutions yet?

Post by Elliso » Thu, 20 Jan 2000 04:00:00


Howdy!
   KRIS?!!!??     46 in progress?!!?
Dang!   That's kinda' scarey.   <BG>
I'm currently quilting a WIP that turned into a UFO
at someone else's house, so she sent it to me.
Got it batted, pinned, and the quilting has begun.
Right after I put the***-sleeve and label
on the guild's donation quilt.    Finishing has been
my "thing" this week.     Got my Reunion Star quilt
finished, will add a sleeve to hang it in my living room
(it's a big quilt, made for that wall).
   "Finish" -- just keep repeating that,
 saying it under your breath,
"I'm gonna' *Finish* that quilt!
   And that one, and that one...."      <VBG>
    Cheers!
Ragmop, on my Finish It trail again....

Quote:


> >Yeah - and I suppose you want me to design THAT as well... as if I
> >didn't have enough to do...

> Doh!   --- it's didn't work did it  (  need more lessons in hint dropping
do I
> ).    Just kidding,   I printed out two copies of the list of my WIPs,
after I
> listed all 46 of them here on the ng.  I keep one copy in my sewing room &
the
> other in my purse.  It keeps me under a little control in the fabric
stores.
> Everytime I see that list in my purse ( while I going to the fabric store)
I
> get a slight little guilt feeling about not going overboard with the
shopping.

>    My new motto is to "Finish one WIP each month".    I can still start
all the
> others ones that I want though.  ( grin  ).

> Kris  ( in northern ***ia )

 
 
 

Made any New Years Resolutions yet?

Post by QuiltR10 » Thu, 20 Jan 2000 04:00:00



Quote:

>"Finish" -- just keep repeating that,
> saying it under your breath,
>"I'm gonna' *Finish* that quilt!
>   And that one, and that one...."      <VBG>
>    Cheers!

Ragmop,
   Alright, I felt guilt enough that I just went to the sewing room, picked out
a wall-hanging top that was finished,  grabbed the back that I had set aside
for it, cut  a chunk of batting to fit,  grabbed the safety pins,  and brought
them all to the living room floor.   On my next break to from the computer,
I'll pin baste that thing and then get it machine quilted tomorrow,  It's a
"Japanese Influences"  wall-hanging top  that I made in a guild class.  It was
taught by Lois Smith.  I have all the 3-D ginko leaves ready to put on after I
do the machine quilting.   This will be my WIP to finish in Jan.   I'm really
going to try to finish one each month.  I'll see how long this last.

Kris  ( in northern ***ia  )

 
 
 

Made any New Years Resolutions yet?

Post by neilln » Thu, 20 Jan 2000 04:00:00


(snipped)

Quote:
>   "Finish" -- just keep repeating that,
> saying it under your breath,
>"I'm gonna' *Finish* that quilt!
>   And that one, and that one...."      <VBG>
>    Cheers!
>Ragmop, on my Finish It trail again....

Finish?  What's that?  I think I'll just live with my multitude of quilt
tops.  Or as my mother says,"You have a lovely collection of quilt tops".
That's her hint to try and get me to quilt a few and maybe throw one her
way!  (hey, she's a quilter, she can do her own!)

Nathalie in Midland