Rough Edged Quilts?

Rough Edged Quilts?

Post by Jan Leavit » Tue, 25 Jun 2002 10:20:51



Do you mean the ragged edged quilts?  I found a pattern on the Joann.com
website earlier this week.  It is made from homespun but I have also heard
of making them from flannel..that's what I am going to try.
Jan
 
 
 

Rough Edged Quilts?

Post by rigb » Tue, 25 Jun 2002 13:53:02


Here's one....
http://www.keepsakequilting.com/KQShopping/partsview.asp?action=looku...
o=6342&subject=U11&catpos=11


Quote:

> I hope someone knows what I'm talking about - I'm looking for the
> instructions for the quilts with the frayed edges, the scruffy looked
ones?
> I've seen them *someplace* on here but of course now I can't find it.

> Any links pointing me in the right direction would be very much
appreciated.


 
 
 

Rough Edged Quilts?

Post by Ruth in Happy Cam » Wed, 26 Jun 2002 05:52:53


That's a wowser.  Looks more like a rug than a quilt--but I think
I like it.
--
Ruth in Happy Camp

Quote:
> Here's one....

http://www.keepsakequilting.com/KQShopping/partsview.asp?action=looku...
Quote:
> o=6342&subject=U11&catpos=11



> > I hope someone knows what I'm talking about - I'm looking for the
> > instructions for the quilts with the frayed edges, the scruffy looked
> ones?
> > I've seen them *someplace* on here but of course now I can't find it.

> > Any links pointing me in the right direction would be very much
> appreciated.

 
 
 

Rough Edged Quilts?

Post by George Jetso » Wed, 26 Jun 2002 06:36:59


There is one in Quiltmaker Magazine July/August 2002 issue, Raddedy
Stars, page 27.

Candy, in Iowa


Quote:

> I hope someone knows what I'm talking about - I'm looking for the
> instructions for the quilts with the frayed edges, the scruffy looked
ones?
> I've seen them *someplace* on here but of course now I can't find it.

> Any links pointing me in the right direction would be very much
appreciated.

> Regards
> Suzie

> Renmark Craft Corner
> Shop 5
> Lefty's Mall
> Renmark SA 5341
> http://www.homestead.com/RenmarkCraft/TitlePage.html

---
Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
Version: 6.0.372 / Virus Database: 207 - Release Date: 06/20/2002
 
 
 

Rough Edged Quilts?

Post by Elliso » Wed, 26 Jun 2002 09:01:16


Howdy!
  Check out Google RCTQ for Aug.22, 2001,
in particular an article w/ directions from Lorilynn King
(Howdy, LK!):
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&group=rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Search: Ragtime quilt, the thread w/ 14 articles
(remember to check the circle for
"Search only in rec.crafts.textiles.quilting ").

Good luck!
Ragmop


Quote:

> I hope someone knows what I'm talking about - I'm looking for the
> instructions for the quilts with the frayed edges, the scruffy looked
ones?
> I've seen them *someplace* on here but of course now I can't find it.

> Any links pointing me in the right direction would be very much
appreciated.

> Regards
> Suzie

> Renmark Craft Corner
> Shop 5
> Lefty's Mall
> Renmark SA 5341
> http://www.homestead.com/RenmarkCraft/TitlePage.html

 
 
 

Rough Edged Quilts?

Post by Elliso » Wed, 26 Jun 2002 13:36:10


Howdy!
   Just got a flyer from another quilt shop today,
Stitchin' Heaven in Quitman, Texas; they seem to be
going crazy over the Rag quilts:
http://www.stitchinheaven.com/
Check the quilt kits, Rag Quilts pages.
Ragmop

" > Howdy!

Quote:
>   Check out Google RCTQ for Aug.22, 2001,
> in particular an article w/ directions from Lorilynn King
> (Howdy, LK!):
> http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&group=rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
> Search: Ragtime quilt, the thread w/ 14 articles
> (remember to check the circle for
> "Search only in rec.crafts.textiles.quilting ").

> Good luck!
> Ragmop



> > I hope someone knows what I'm talking about - I'm looking for the
> > instructions for the quilts with the frayed edges, the scruffy looked
> ones?
> > I've seen them *someplace* on here but of course now I can't find it.

> > Any links pointing me in the right direction would be very much
> appreciated.

> > Regards
> > Suzie

 
 
 

Rough Edged Quilts?

Post by Joy Quil » Wed, 26 Jun 2002 19:57:57


You can also check out these links.  I've made my first corduruoy one.
 Next will be flannels!

http://www.fabric-mill.com/LeviRagQuilt.htm
http://fabric-mill.bizhosting.com/

A Joy in Hawaii
http://community.webshots.com/user/joyquilts

 
 
 

Rough Edged Quilts?

Post by Katlyn 35 » Sat, 06 Jul 2002 09:55:38


I've only seen them in plaid fabric or flannel. Can they be made with any
cotton print?
 
 
 

Rough Edged Quilts?

Post by Martha in I » Sat, 06 Jul 2002 13:21:03


Katlyn, I've made two of these and have used flannel on one side and denim
on the other. Another quilter I know has used nothing but plaid homespuns on
both sides and has been very satisfied.
Martha in IN

Quote:
> I've only seen them in plaid fabric or flannel. Can they be made with any
> cotton print?

 
 
 

Rough Edged Quilts?

Post by Ms. Pigle » Sun, 07 Jul 2002 12:31:04


I can't think why not.....with this proviso:

The reason for using homespuns (the plaids) and flannel is because they fray
easily, and this is something you actually want to have fray.

Other cottons will take longer, more washings, etc., to fray down to having
threads on the "raggy" edges, but if you don't mind waiting, or the "fringe"
rather than "loose thread" look, I can't think of any reason why you
couldn't use any woven fabric.  Knits, of course (like tshirts) aren't going
to fray correctly nohow. <g>

---pig


Quote:
> I've only seen them in plaid fabric or flannel. Can they be made with any
> cotton print?