Happy Dance:Wonderful News...TDB Has Arrived!

Happy Dance:Wonderful News...TDB Has Arrived!

Post by unstitche » Thu, 03 Feb 2000 04:00:00



There was a knock at the door just a few minutes ago. It was a
lady from the postoffice (not a mail carrier) with a package for
me from England, TDB has arrived! She said that the package had
just arrived this morning in Payson but had been given to the
wrong carrier who turned it back in, so she was hand delivering.

I have opened the package and am in awe of this masterpiece. For
those of you who have never seen TDB it is wonderful. Sarah did
a super job on this banner. The photos that are on the net do
not do this justice. The coloring is fantastic. The backing is a
really cool chili fabric in bright red, green, yellow, orange
tones and black. The front is made of a bajillion different
fabrics in the gold family, the bird is all different blacks &
greys, blue lettering and different red fabrics for the zia.
There are pins from different shows and signitures from all over.
Bravo Ms. Sarah!

I will try to sit down with it tonight and applique the
signiture fabric from Tucson onto the back. I have quilting
guild all day tomorrow so the first I will be able to mail it
off will be this Friday. Cary if you are reading this, it will
be on its way again very soon.

I think I may just take TDB with me tomorrow and show it to my
Quilting Guild. Like BBL is so fond of saying, "When you talk to
your guild about RCTQ, their eyes glaze over and they look at
you like you are from outer space."

DH and I were just looking at the package that Suzzie used. I
can see no problem anywhere. I can only assume that it got stuck
in customs somewhere. Oh well, she is safe and sound and back in
the realm of her family.

Doin' the boot scootin' boogie for TDB on the Mogollon Rim.

Unstitcher

* Sent from RemarQ http://www.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion Network *
The fastest and easiest way to search and participate in Usenet - Free!

 
 
 

Happy Dance:Wonderful News...TDB Has Arrived!

Post by Imapear » Thu, 03 Feb 2000 04:00:00


Glad to hear it finally showed up.  No clues as to what took so long?  Take
a picture or two of it, if you can.  That way, if it disappears again, we
can put out an APB on it.
Pearl


Quote:
> There was a knock at the door just a few minutes ago. It was a
> lady from the postoffice (not a mail carrier) with a package for
> me from England, TDB has arrived! She said that the package had
> just arrived this morning in Payson but had been given to the
> wrong carrier who turned it back in, so she was hand delivering.

> I have opened the package and am in awe of this masterpiece. For
> those of you who have never seen TDB it is wonderful. Sarah did
> a super job on this banner. The photos that are on the net do
> not do this justice. The coloring is fantastic. The backing is a
> really cool chili fabric in bright red, green, yellow, orange
> tones and black. The front is made of a bajillion different
> fabrics in the gold family, the bird is all different blacks &
> greys, blue lettering and different red fabrics for the zia.
> There are pins from different shows and signitures from all over.
> Bravo Ms. Sarah!

> I will try to sit down with it tonight and applique the
> signiture fabric from Tucson onto the back. I have quilting
> guild all day tomorrow so the first I will be able to mail it
> off will be this Friday. Cary if you are reading this, it will
> be on its way again very soon.

> I think I may just take TDB with me tomorrow and show it to my
> Quilting Guild. Like BBL is so fond of saying, "When you talk to
> your guild about RCTQ, their eyes glaze over and they look at
> you like you are from outer space."

> DH and I were just looking at the package that Suzzie used. I
> can see no problem anywhere. I can only assume that it got stuck
> in customs somewhere. Oh well, she is safe and sound and back in
> the realm of her family.

> Doin' the boot scootin' boogie for TDB on the Mogollon Rim.

> Unstitcher

> * Sent from RemarQ http://www.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion Network
*
> The fastest and easiest way to search and participate in Usenet - Free!


 
 
 

Happy Dance:Wonderful News...TDB Has Arrived!

Post by ..Mickie Swall. » Thu, 03 Feb 2000 04:00:00


Yippie!!!!  (whew!)  Like finding a long-lost friend.
What a relief it finally showed up!
I've seen this banner, folks, it is everything unstitcher
said.  A real nice piece of work, (no matter WHAT
Sarah said about it)  and with all the sigs and pins
and other things added, a very valuable treasure!
On future shippings, maybe we should insure TDB,
... just in case....?
(anybody care to appraise it?)
Mickie


Quote:
> Glad to hear it finally showed up.  No clues as to what took so long?
Take
> a picture or two of it, if you can.  That way, if it disappears again, we
> can put out an APB on it.
> Pearl



> > There was a knock at the door just a few minutes ago. It was a
> > lady from the postoffice (not a mail carrier) with a package for
> > me from England, TDB has arrived! She said that the package had
> > just arrived this morning in Payson but had been given to the
> > wrong carrier who turned it back in, so she was hand delivering.

> > I have opened the package and am in awe of this masterpiece. For
> > those of you who have never seen TDB it is wonderful. Sarah did
> > a super job on this banner. The photos that are on the net do
> > not do this justice. The coloring is fantastic. The backing is a
> > really cool chili fabric in bright red, green, yellow, orange
> > tones and black. The front is made of a bajillion different
> > fabrics in the gold family, the bird is all different blacks &
> > greys, blue lettering and different red fabrics for the zia.
> > There are pins from different shows and signitures from all over.
> > Bravo Ms. Sarah!

> > I will try to sit down with it tonight and applique the
> > signiture fabric from Tucson onto the back. I have quilting
> > guild all day tomorrow so the first I will be able to mail it
> > off will be this Friday. Cary if you are reading this, it will
> > be on its way again very soon.

> > I think I may just take TDB with me tomorrow and show it to my
> > Quilting Guild. Like BBL is so fond of saying, "When you talk to
> > your guild about RCTQ, their eyes glaze over and they look at
> > you like you are from outer space."

> > DH and I were just looking at the package that Suzzie used. I
> > can see no problem anywhere. I can only assume that it got stuck
> > in customs somewhere. Oh well, she is safe and sound and back in
> > the realm of her family.

> > Doin' the boot scootin' boogie for TDB on the Mogollon Rim.

> > Unstitcher

> > * Sent from RemarQ http://www.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion
Network
> *
> > The fastest and easiest way to search and participate in Usenet - Free!

 
 
 

Happy Dance:Wonderful News...TDB Has Arrived!

Post by unstitche » Thu, 03 Feb 2000 04:00:00


I will take pictures of it front and back after I sew our
signiture swatch on. How many people from the Tucson Show want
pictures? Speak up now...I know you all are not shy!

Hey Pearl, how is Teri doing? Has she started her first quilt
yet?

Unstitcher

* Sent from RemarQ http://www.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion Network *
The fastest and easiest way to search and participate in Usenet - Free!

 
 
 

Happy Dance:Wonderful News...TDB Has Arrived!

Post by QuiltR10 » Thu, 03 Feb 2000 04:00:00



Quote:

>There was a knock at the door just a few minutes ago. It was a
>lady from the postoffice (not a mail carrier) with a package for
>me from England, TDB has arrived! She said that the package had
>just arrived this morning in Payson but had been given to the
>wrong carrier who turned it back in, so she was hand delivering.

Yea !!!!  That means it will soon be on its way to Pat Winters in ***ia   &
 I'll get to see and sign TDB  at the Williamsburg Quilt show at the end of
this month.   I think Cary might have already left for Hilton head already.

Kris  ( in northern ***ia  )  

 
 
 

Happy Dance:Wonderful News...TDB Has Arrived!

Post by Susan Torren » Fri, 04 Feb 2000 04:00:00


Is there any chance of getting TDB to Toronto in time for the show in May?

--
Susan
I hate housework!  You make the bed, you do the dishes--
and six months later you have to start all over again.
                            Joan Rivers

Quote:

><. The photos that are on the net do not do this justice.

>What photos???Where???
>--
>Pamela

 
 
 

Happy Dance:Wonderful News...TDB Has Arrived!

Post by Singe » Fri, 04 Feb 2000 04:00:00


TDB has its own homepage:
http://lnsobsession.homepage.com/TDB.html
I'd like to see some pictures there since it's been decorated.

Singer (just my 2cents)


Quote:
> Is there any chance of getting TDB to Toronto in time for the show in May?

> --
> Susan
> I hate housework!  You make the bed, you do the dishes--
> and six months later you have to start all over again.
>                             Joan Rivers

> ><. The photos that are on the net do not do this justice.

> >What photos???Where???
> >--
> >Pamela

 
 
 

Happy Dance:Wonderful News...TDB Has Arrived!

Post by Judy Grevenit » Fri, 04 Feb 2000 04:00:00


Be still my beating heart,----I can't tell you how relieved I am to hear
that the banner is safe.  As I have mentioned before, I am retired from
the postal service and when I read that TDB had vanished I just about
cried.  Once something has vanished into the black hole,  it is seldom
seen again.

I bet Suzzie has been sick with worry about it too, ---Relax Suzzie,
it's here.

Thanks for the good news Marque, you've made my day.      Judy G in IL.

 
 
 

Happy Dance:Wonderful News...TDB Has Arrived!

Post by Elliso » Fri, 04 Feb 2000 04:00:00


Howdy!
    Whew!!  That Banner has a life of her own!!
Now, where do you suppose she's *really* been
all this time?     Hangin' out in the men's locker
room at the big post office?    Checking out
other packages that squished at the p.o.?
Stayed on the airplane 'cause there were some
quilt inspectors she got to know and she just
continued on w/ them when she was supposed
to get out as addressed?   (She's fond of fluffy cats.)
Got kind of goony over the pilots on her plane and
followed them down the ramp (can't resist a man
in uniform).     This Banner sounds so much like
her mama sarah; perhaps Banner got to the
airport and saw rental counters, and being a rather
inexperienced Banner on her own, she thought she
could rent men, so she hung around waiting
for the best deal.   Coulda' happened.
    Glad to see Banner back on her path;  perhaps
y'all should put a leash on her so she stays on track.
Or not.   Banner gets back to Sarah's and they'll
both have some tales to swap.
   Cheers, Banner.   Welcome home!
Ragmop

Quote:
> As Sarah would say.....YEEEHAAAWWWWW!!  I was missin' TDB. Glad it's back
> home again. Bigbearlady




Quote:
> >There was a knock at the door just a few minutes ago. It was a
> >lady from the postoffice (not a mail carrier) with a package for
> >me from England, TDB has arrived! She said that the package had
> >just arrived this morning in Payson but had been given to the
> >wrong carrier who turned it back in, so she was hand delivering.

> >I have opened the package and am in awe of this masterpiece. For
> >those of you who have never seen TDB it is wonderful. Sarah did
> >a super job on this banner. The photos that are on the net do
> >not do this justice. The coloring is fantastic. The backing is a
> >really cool chili fabric in bright red, green, yellow, orange
> >tones and black. The front is made of a bajillion different
> >fabrics in the gold family, the bird is all different blacks &
> >greys, blue lettering and different red fabrics for the zia.
> >There are pins from different shows and signitures from all over.
> >Bravo Ms. Sarah!

> >I will try to sit down with it tonight and applique the
> >signiture fabric from Tucson onto the back. I have quilting
> >guild all day tomorrow so the first I will be able to mail it
> >off will be this Friday. Cary if you are reading this, it will
> >be on its way again very soon.

> >I think I may just take TDB with me tomorrow and show it to my
> >Quilting Guild. Like BBL is so fond of saying, "When you talk to
> >your guild about RCTQ, their eyes glaze over and they look at
> >you like you are from outer space."

> >DH and I were just looking at the package that Suzzie used. I
> >can see no problem anywhere. I can only assume that it got stuck
> >in customs somewhere. Oh well, she is safe and sound and back in
> >the realm of her family.

> >Doin' the boot scootin' boogie for TDB on the Mogollon Rim.

> >Unstitcher

> >* Sent from RemarQ http://www.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion
Network
> *
> >The fastest and easiest way to search and participate in Usenet - Free!

 
 
 

Happy Dance:Wonderful News...TDB Has Arrived!

Post by Singe » Fri, 04 Feb 2000 04:00:00


ROTFL!  And you didn't even bother to duck and run!

Singer


This Banner sounds so much like

Quote:
> her mama sarah; perhaps Banner got to the
> airport and saw rental counters, and being a rather
> inexperienced Banner on her own, she thought she
> could rent men, so she hung around waiting
> for the best deal.   Coulda' happened.

 
 
 

Happy Dance:Wonderful News...TDB Has Arrived!

Post by sarah curr » Fri, 04 Feb 2000 04:00:00


YEEEEEEE-HAH!  I had a feeling, the way her eyes sparkled, that we were
about to reel another one in!
        Grins,
        Sairey

Quote:

> I heard that Terry made a date with Florence to start a quilt. We got us
> another one, folks! Bigbearlady


> >I will take pictures of it front and back after I sew our
> >signiture swatch on. How many people from the Tucson Show want
> >pictures? Speak up now...I know you all are not shy!

> >Hey Pearl, how is Teri doing? Has she started her first quilt
> >yet?

> >Unstitcher

 
 
 

Happy Dance:Wonderful News...TDB Has Arrived!

Post by sarah curr » Fri, 04 Feb 2000 04:00:00


Comments interspersed. with some gentle snipping ...

Well, I'm just pleased as punch, most especially because this is a whale
of a load off Suzie's mind, I know (and I have somehow managed to miss
BOTH of Suzie's calls -- Suzie, remember that Friday night is
pool/shuffleboard night!).

Quote:
>  She said that the package had
> just arrived this morning in Payson but had been given to the
> wrong carrier who turned it back in, so she was hand delivering.

Now, see, folks?  THIS is the BEST rendition of "going postal"!  (right,
Anna?)

 The backing is a

Quote:
> really cool chili fabric in bright red, green, yellow, orange
> tones and black. The front is made of a bajillion different
> fabrics in the gold family, the bird is all different blacks &
> greys, blue lettering and different red fabrics for the zia.
> There are pins from different shows and signitures from all over.
> Bravo Ms. Sarah!

Thank you, Ms. UN ... and THANK you for NOT mentioning that gawdAWFUL
machine applique (never again, as long as I live  :-)  )!  

Quote:

> I think I may just take TDB with me tomorrow and show it to my
> Quilting Guild. Like BBL is so fond of saying, "When you talk to
> your guild about RCTQ, their eyes glaze over and they look at
> you like you are from outer space."

Happens to me, too -- and even at the LQS's ... well, we'll SEE about
that, when Mama and I take in a foot-high stack of "Mother of a HUG"
blocks on Saturday to find a sashing ... mebbe that'll help, a LITTLE
bit ... :-).  And so, Didja?  Take it to your guild meeting?

Quote:

> Doin' the boot scootin' boogie for TDB on the Mogollon Rim.

And I'm pleased, too.  But it occurs to me that a couple of things
should be said about TDB, given its recent "adventures" (haven't seen
Ragmop's FUNNY set of speculations about the TDB adventures -- mebbe
it'll show up, or maybe it was just to me ... Ms. Mopplet, kind soul
that she is, knows I don't get all the posts, and forwards some to me,
including her responses, from time to time).
        Now.  I was pleased, folks, when TDB sorta took on a life of its own,
with its own Social Director and its own web-page (for crying out
loud).  And pleased when it seemed to serve not only as a
"gathering"-banner, but an ice-breaker, for folks who've never laid eyes
on each other and might be a bit tongue-tied, in the beginning.  And it
made one hell of a fine story to tell -- and the story kept getting
better, as it gained the signatures and pins and other embellishments.
And yup, I was looking forward to seeing it, after its globe-trottings
were complete.
        And lordy, I know Suzie felt AWFUL (which was the main source of my
concern).
        BUT.  TDB is, to me, a THING.  If I'd had any huge emotional ties to
the silly banner, I'd NEVER have sent it to California (yup, uninsured,
to boot), and I'd never have agreed that it could go ANYWHERE, really.
This may be another aspect of my not having a*** of trouble giving my
quilts away, when they're finished; and my not giving much of a flip
whether the quilt is "properly appreciated" by its recipient.  When I'm
finished with a quilt, I'm FINISHED with it.  I wish it joy and good
treatment (and to that end, I send a letter with it, on "the care and
feeding of your quilt") -- but I don't make quilts for any particular
reason other than the joy *I* get from the making.  Although I actually
broke that rule when I made TDB especially for the Dallas Quilt Show 2
years ago or so (and WHAT a good story!), I still felt no particular
adoration for it.
        If it could make for more fun Gatherings, and more fun stories, then it
REALLY would have far exceeded its original purpose -- and that's fine.

        The point of all this is that I'm delighted that this VERY silly quilt
got to be a whole lot more than any of us, two years ago (especially as
Susan Allen was cracking the whip and insisting that I could NOT wave it
with the PINS still in it).  Hoever, if it should again take a "detour",
or just plain drop into a black hole in transit (or get beer spilled on
it, or whatever else), I'll not weep.  Yes, I'd LIKE to see all the sigs
and pins and the like (especially given that Ragmop has already put
"Kilroy" quite to shame -- my spies are EVERYWHERE, Raggety) when the
time comes ... but if it should meet with some accident (or simply
decide to go home with one of the pilots, as Mppp suggested), I'll just
be delighted that it was the source of a whole lot of FUN, for quite a
long time.  That's a lot more than I EVER intended it to be.

        So.  Don't anybody worry about That Damn' Banner, as far as I'm
concerned.  If it doesn't reach you (whether in time or not at all),
then have ANOTHER kind of fun, and attach a piece of YALLER fabric to a
mop-handle, for crying out loud, and gather under THAT!  Or some strips
of fabric to a mop-handle (it SHOULD be a mop-handle, though, to carry
on the tradition begun with Donna and Wayne and Mr. and Mrs. Cannon, at
the El Paso airport) ... and then tell THAT story!  If it never gets
back to me, I'll not be distraught.  Hope it does, just for the fun of
thinking about all the places it's been, and feeling the sigs and
chuckling at the stories (again) ... but if it doesn't, that's OK.  I do
NOT recommend that everyone fall into a "send it insured" flap.  It
didn't begin its travels insured, after all.

        I did note that the Dallas show isn't at the WTC, this year.  Too bad
... I really WAS hoping for another encounter with the "officious twit"
(aka "quilt police")  :-)

        Now y'all gwan and have some FUN with That Damn' Banner -- which means
"don't WORRY about it!"
        Grins,
        Sairey (who, with not-at-all-sincere apologies to Bruce and Paul and
Dean and Chuck and the other guys (and especially Mr. "Licence to
Thrill"  :-)  ) simply cannot resist noting that the ONLY REAL
explanation for what happened to TDB is that "it" is really a GUY-quilt
-- and when it got lost, refused to ask directions!  :-)  )

 
 
 

Happy Dance:Wonderful News...TDB Has Arrived!

Post by sarah curr » Fri, 04 Feb 2000 04:00:00


Quote:

> Howdy!
>     Whew!!  That Banner has a life of her own!!
> Now, where do you suppose she's *really* been
> all this time?     Hangin' out in the men's locker
> room at the big post office?    Checking out
> other packages that squished at the p.o.?
> Stayed on the airplane 'cause there were some
> quilt inspectors she got to know and she just
> continued on w/ them when she was supposed
> to get out as addressed?   (She's fond of fluffy cats.)
> Got kind of goony over the pilots on her plane and
> followed them down the ramp (can't resist a man
> in uniform).     This Banner sounds so much like
> her mama sarah; perhaps Banner got to the
> airport and saw rental counters, and being a rather
> inexperienced Banner on her own, she thought she
> could rent men, so she hung around waiting
> for the best deal.   Coulda' happened.
>     Glad to see Banner back on her path;  perhaps
> y'all should put a leash on her so she stays on track.
> Or not.   Banner gets back to Sarah's and they'll
> both have some tales to swap.
>    Cheers, Banner.   Welcome home!
> Ragmop

Hah!  Here it is!  But, Ragmop, I've just posted MY theory about TDB's
travels -- HE deserved JUST what he got (and was just as exasperating,
as folks WAITED on him ...), when HE refused to ask directions!
        Grins,
        Sairey