One quilt I finished recently was made from 12 blocks about snow, which
came from an AOL block swap. The swap also included charm squares of the
snow fabric used in each block. I used some of these fabrics on the
front, but had a bunch left over. I stripped them together -- using all
different widths, but all 6" long. Then on the back I inserted these 7"
pieced strips, with a narrow navy blue border on each side, at 3 places
across the backing. So the back is backing fabric, narrow navy strip,
pieced strip, narrow navy strip, backing fabric, and so on. Then I just
quilted the front without regard for the back. I really like it. The
back has some interest, and I was able to take advantage of all the neat
snowy fabrics I had received!
in San Diego (where this is only snow I'll see)