I watched part of a demonstration on paper piecing grandmother's flower
garden yesterday. It looked so inviting I raced home and started in on my
own. Well, one day into my project and I've got lots of questions. Can
1) Do you need to trim the seams after removing the paper?
Instructions were to use 3/8" seams.
2) Does the grain of the fabric have to be the same on each hexagon
placed in the quilt?
3) When doing the quilting what is the accepted quilting pattern? Is it
stitch-in-the-ditch or outline or something else?
4) How do you make the borders? Are they straight - using half flowers
- or do they follow the line of the flower garden paths?
I love this pattern. It feels *right*. (Hard to explain!)