Alaskan Quilt Cruise July 2009

Alaskan Quilt Cruise July 2009

Post by A SHEARE » Fri, 19 Sep 2008 07:52:51



Hi All, I heard a quilt guild member saying three of them were signed up for
a quilting cruise in July 2009.  Even though we live in PA  they will embark
from Washington State.  Is anyone here going to Alaska, if so who are the
featured quilters?  Sounds interesting.  Alice
 
 
 

Alaskan Quilt Cruise July 2009

Post by Alice in P » Fri, 19 Sep 2008 08:43:32


I don't know anything about the cruise, but I also didn't know that there
was another "Alice in PA".

--
Alice in PA

Quote:
> Hi All, I heard a quilt guild member saying three of them were signed up
> for a quilting cruise in July 2009.  Even though we live in PA  they will
> embark from Washington State.  Is anyone here going to Alaska, if so who
> are the featured quilters?  Sounds interesting.  Alice


 
 
 

Alaskan Quilt Cruise July 2009

Post by A SHEARE » Fri, 19 Sep 2008 20:09:27


Yep.  I've had my eye on your postings.  I live mid way between Harrisburg
and State College.  I just heard an alert on our local radio station.  Since
we have road construction on Rt 322 and one lane traffic both east and west
there will be traffic delays Saturday for Penn State Football traffic.
There's also a nice truck stop at Mifflintown PA where we like to eat
breakfast on Saturday mornings.  There won't be an empty seat anywhere.  So
Penn State weekends, even though we're about 50 miles away, dictates whether
we go any place.



Quote:
>I don't know anything about the cruise, but I also didn't know that there
>was another "Alice in PA".

> --
> Alice in PA


>> Hi All, I heard a quilt guild member saying three of them were signed up
>> for a quilting cruise in July 2009.  Even though we live in PA  they will
>> embark from Washington State.  Is anyone here going to Alaska, if so who
>> are the featured quilters?  Sounds interesting.  Alice

 
 
 

Alaskan Quilt Cruise July 2009

Post by jennell » Sat, 20 Sep 2008 04:36:18


Alice meet Alice!  Here's a link to the July 2009 cruise:
http://www.quiltcruises.com/

Are you tempted?  jennellh


Quote:
> Hi All, I heard a quilt guild member saying three of them were signed up for
> a quilting cruise in July 2009. ?Even though we live in PA ?they will embark
> from Washington State. ?Is anyone here going to Alaska, if so who are the
> featured quilters? ?Sounds interesting. ?Alice

 
 
 

Alaskan Quilt Cruise July 2009

Post by Alice in P » Sat, 20 Sep 2008 10:47:18


Interesting.....we have season tickets to the Penn State games, and since
we're coming from the east, we must pass your place coming and going each
football weekend!  In fact, for years we stayed in a motel in Mifflintown
for the games (we lived in VA then). I know exactly which place you go to
for breakfast!!  My husband informs me that we will be on the road this
Saturday at 6 a.m. for the noon game!  Where is the one-lane construction
going on?

--
Alice in PA

Quote:
> Yep.  I've had my eye on your postings.  I live mid way between Harrisburg
> and State College.  I just heard an alert on our local radio station.
> Since we have road construction on Rt 322 and one lane traffic both east
> and west there will be traffic delays Saturday for Penn State Football
> traffic. There's also a nice truck stop at Mifflintown PA where we like to
> eat breakfast on Saturday mornings.  There won't be an empty seat
> anywhere.  So Penn State weekends, even though we're about 50 miles away,
> dictates whether we go any place.



>>I don't know anything about the cruise, but I also didn't know that there
>>was another "Alice in PA".

>> --
>> Alice in PA


>>> Hi All, I heard a quilt guild member saying three of them were signed up
>>> for a quilting cruise in July 2009.  Even though we live in PA  they
>>> will embark from Washington State.  Is anyone here going to Alaska, if
>>> so who are the featured quilters?  Sounds interesting.  Alice

 
 
 

Alaskan Quilt Cruise July 2009

Post by A SHEARE » Sat, 20 Sep 2008 10:57:32


 How small a world is it.  Maybe you've been there when we were.  The
construction signs are posted right before the off ramp to Stop 35 the
restaurant.  Then the one lane area is just beyond the off ramp and is also
on the west bound side at the same area.  They're replaceing concrete
sections and then black topping over the concrete.  I don't know why in the
world they didn't do it all when they were constructing the narrows.  I work
at the Mifflintown Pharmacy that is adjacent to Stop 35 every other saturday
but not this Saturday.  We'll be heading to Shirleysburg for an antique
tractor show on Saturday.  Alice



Quote:
> Interesting.....we have season tickets to the Penn State games, and since
> we're coming from the east, we must pass your place coming and going each
> football weekend!  In fact, for years we stayed in a motel in Mifflintown
> for the games (we lived in VA then). I know exactly which place you go to
> for breakfast!!  My husband informs me that we will be on the road this
> Saturday at 6 a.m. for the noon game!  Where is the one-lane construction
> going on?

> --
> Alice in PA


>> Yep.  I've had my eye on your postings.  I live mid way between
>> Harrisburg and State College.  I just heard an alert on our local radio
>> station. Since we have road construction on Rt 322 and one lane traffic
>> both east and west there will be traffic delays Saturday for Penn State
>> Football traffic. There's also a nice truck stop at Mifflintown PA where
>> we like to eat breakfast on Saturday mornings.  There won't be an empty
>> seat anywhere.  So Penn State weekends, even though we're about 50 miles
>> away, dictates whether we go any place.



>>>I don't know anything about the cruise, but I also didn't know that there
>>>was another "Alice in PA".

>>> --
>>> Alice in PA


>>>> Hi All, I heard a quilt guild member saying three of them were signed
>>>> up for a quilting cruise in July 2009.  Even though we live in PA  they
>>>> will embark from Washington State.  Is anyone here going to Alaska, if
>>>> so who are the featured quilters?  Sounds interesting.  Alice

 
 
 

Alaskan Quilt Cruise July 2009

Post by A SHEARE » Sat, 20 Sep 2008 11:10:59


I was at first but with the cost of the cruise plus the plane travel to
Washington it will be quite expensive for a retiree.  Alice

Alice meet Alice!  Here's a link to the July 2009 cruise:
http://www.quiltcruises.com/

Are you tempted?  jennellh


Quote:
> Hi All, I heard a quilt guild member saying three of them were signed up
> for
> a quilting cruise in July 2009. Even though we live in PA they will embark
> from Washington State. Is anyone here going to Alaska, if so who are the
> featured quilters? Sounds interesting. Alice