Walmart quilts

Walmart quilts

Post by Kate T » Sun, 16 Aug 2009 16:03:55




know, that not speaking crap.  Now she wants to be friendly again.

She went to a yard sale and bought a couple quilts.   Thinks she got a
real bargain on two handmade quilts.  She sent pictures.  I told her
to take them to a LQS to have someone there tell her if they are
handmade and she found a bargain.  No she wants me to tell her.  I'd
really not get involved.

These are Walmart quilts.  My neighbor has the same thing on her
beds.

Think I'll go on vacation for a month so she will forget about asking
me again.

I hate being put in a position like this.

Kate T.  South Mississippi

 
 
 

Walmart quilts

Post by Robert » Sun, 16 Aug 2009 21:15:33


So what would happen if you just told here they are Walmart quilts?
You don't have to be more specific. If she paid less than they would
cost at Walmart, it's a bargain, right?
Roberta in D

On Sat, 15 Aug 2009 00:03:55 -0700 (PDT), "Kate T."

Quote:


>know, that not speaking crap.  Now she wants to be friendly again.

>She went to a yard sale and bought a couple quilts.   Thinks she got a
>real bargain on two handmade quilts.  She sent pictures.  I told her
>to take them to a LQS to have someone there tell her if they are
>handmade and she found a bargain.  No she wants me to tell her.  I'd
>really not get involved.

>These are Walmart quilts.  My neighbor has the same thing on her
>beds.

>Think I'll go on vacation for a month so she will forget about asking
>me again.

>I hate being put in a position like this.

>Kate T.  South Mississippi


 
 
 

Walmart quilts

Post by Tari » Sun, 16 Aug 2009 21:21:49


to quote dd.  "lovingly made by chinese dissidents".
Why not tell her you aren't sure from just photos.  Maybe she should wash
them and bring them for you to look at.  They probably will fall apart when
washed.
Taria


Quote:

> know, that not speaking crap.  Now she wants to be friendly again.

> She went to a yard sale and bought a couple quilts.   Thinks she got a
> real bargain on two handmade quilts.  She sent pictures.  I told her
> to take them to a LQS to have someone there tell her if they are
> handmade and she found a bargain.  No she wants me to tell her.  I'd
> really not get involved.

> These are Walmart quilts.  My neighbor has the same thing on her
> beds.

> Think I'll go on vacation for a month so she will forget about asking
> me again.

> I hate being put in a position like this.

> Kate T.  South Mississippi

 
 
 

Walmart quilts

Post by Polly Esthe » Sun, 16 Aug 2009 22:21:10


Ewwwww.   I see this as a lose/lose situation.  If you tell her what she
wants to hear - that she got a wonderful bargain - and then she sees a
thousand of them at WalMart for $10 less, she will think you are totally
stupid.
    If you tell her that she's been had - she's going to be defensive and
probably angry.
    No winning that one.
    Tell her you have an alligator in your bird bath and you'll have to call
her back.  One day.   Polly


Quote:
> to quote dd.  "lovingly made by chinese dissidents".
> Why not tell her you aren't sure from just photos.  Maybe she should wash
> them and bring them for you to look at.  They probably will fall apart
> when washed.
> Taria




>> know, that not speaking crap.  Now she wants to be friendly again.

>> She went to a yard sale and bought a couple quilts.   Thinks she got a
>> real bargain on two handmade quilts.  She sent pictures.  I told her
>> to take them to a LQS to have someone there tell her if they are
>> handmade and she found a bargain.  No she wants me to tell her.  I'd
>> really not get involved.

>> These are Walmart quilts.  My neighbor has the same thing on her
>> beds.

>> Think I'll go on vacation for a month so she will forget about asking
>> me again.

>> I hate being put in a position like this.

>> Kate T.  South Mississippi

 
 
 

Walmart quilts

Post by Dr. Zachary Smit » Sun, 16 Aug 2009 23:18:12



Quote:
> Ewwwww. ? I see this as a lose/lose situation. ?

Very true.  When confronted with similar situations, I have said (to
the effect),
"If you like something, and it was worth - to you - at least what you
paid for it, then it was a good buy."

Just my $.02 - YMMV - I could be wrong - sorry, that's allI got.

Doc

 
 
 

Walmart quilts

Post by Sand » Sun, 16 Aug 2009 23:20:11


In article


Quote:

> know, that not speaking crap.  Now she wants to be friendly again.

> She went to a yard sale and bought a couple quilts.   Thinks she got a
> real bargain on two handmade quilts.  She sent pictures.  I told her
> to take them to a LQS to have someone there tell her if they are
> handmade and she found a bargain.  No she wants me to tell her.  I'd
> really not get involved.

> These are Walmart quilts.  My neighbor has the same thing on her
> beds.

> Think I'll go on vacation for a month so she will forget about asking
> me again.

> I hate being put in a position like this.

> Kate T.  South Mississippi

I feel for you, Kate. It's so hard to be put on the spot by a relative
that way -- especially when you suspect she may resent hearing the
truth. :( Can you tell her that you really can't inspect the quilts via
photos? Therefore, she'd *have* to go to the LQS for an opinion?

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
sw.foster1 (at) gmail (dot) com (remove/change the obvious)
http://www.sandymike.net

 
 
 

Walmart quilts

Post by Tari » Sun, 16 Aug 2009 23:52:02


Thank you for the smile at that visual Polly.
I needed that this morning.  You and Butterfly
with her great news are a great way to start the
day here.
Hugs, Taria
Quote:
>    Tell her you have an alligator in your bird bath and you'll have to
> call her back.  One day.   Polly

 
 
 

Walmart quilts

Post by Joann » Mon, 17 Aug 2009 02:08:51


Tough spot. Hopefully she'll get the hint.
Joanna
Quote:


> know, that not speaking crap.  Now she wants to be friendly again.

> She went to a yard sale and bought a couple quilts.   Thinks she got a
> real bargain on two handmade quilts.  She sent pictures.  I told her
> to take them to a LQS to have someone there tell her if they are
> handmade and she found a bargain.  No she wants me to tell her.  I'd
> really not get involved.

> These are Walmart quilts.  My neighbor has the same thing on her
> beds.

> Think I'll go on vacation for a month so she will forget about asking
> me again.

> I hate being put in a position like this.

> Kate T.  South Mississippi

 
 
 

Walmart quilts

Post by Polly Esthe » Mon, 17 Aug 2009 02:23:08


Glad it made you smile, Taria, but it really does happen.  For the most
part, gators are truly lazy, barely move.  They will come observe if there's
fishing going on but they don't even wiggle when the Canadian geese that
winter-over here use them for a landing pad.
    Of course, you never know.  There's a place west of us where there are
lovely little shops, a park, beautiful old oaks and sweet little restaurants
and a gator did indeed come cool himself in their bird bath/wishing well/koi
pond sort of display. He was suspected of wanting to take a tourist for
lunch.  Polly


Quote:
> Thank you for the smile at that visual Polly.
> I needed that this morning.  You and Butterfly
> with her great news are a great way to start the
> day here.
> Hugs, Taria

>>    Tell her you have an alligator in your bird bath and you'll have to
>> call her back.  One day.   Polly

 
 
 

Walmart quilts

Post by Listpi » Mon, 17 Aug 2009 02:57:35


I agree with other peeps: the correct answer is "I *cannot* tell from
photographs.  You need to have someone local look at them in person."

--pig

On 8/15/09 03:03, in article

Quote:

> She went to a yard sale and bought a couple quilts.   Thinks she got a
> real bargain on two handmade quilts.  She sent pictures.  I told her
> to take them to a LQS to have someone there tell her if they are
> handmade and she found a bargain.  No she wants me to tell her.  I'd
> really not get involved.

 
 
 

Walmart quilts

Post by Julia in M » Mon, 17 Aug 2009 04:05:09


Of course, if the cousin is local, that answer won't work...

Julia in MN

Quote:

> I agree with other peeps: the correct answer is "I *cannot* tell from
> photographs.  You need to have someone local look at them in person."

> --pig

> On 8/15/09 03:03, in article


>> She went to a yard sale and bought a couple quilts.   Thinks she got a
>> real bargain on two handmade quilts.  She sent pictures.  I told her
>> to take them to a LQS to have someone there tell her if they are
>> handmade and she found a bargain.  No she wants me to tell her.  I'd
>> really not get involved.

--
-----------
This message has been scanned for viruses by Norton Anti-Virus
<http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/default>
-----------