LAST CALL: *The* Winter One-to-One Fat Quarter Swap (Very LONG)

LAST CALL: *The* Winter One-to-One Fat Quarter Swap (Very LONG)

Post by Melissa in N » Mon, 27 Jan 2003 08:50:28



Hello everyone!

It's the last call for the Winter One-to-One Fat Quarter Swap!! I'll be
putting the spreadsheet together and sending your emails out by Monday
sometime!!

Never fear...there is still time to join! We have 3 people from Canada, 25
people from the US, 4 people from the UK, and 3 people from Australia.
That's a wonderful turnout! Thank you!

Please read the details of this easy swap below!

Hope we get a few of you eleventh hour joiners!!!
Melissa in NJ :)

--
Remove STOP***to reply
--

*The* Winter One-to-One Fat Quarter Swap (Very LONG)
=====================================================

NOTE: This is being posted to RCTQ and sent individually to anyone who
has participated in one of my previous swaps.

=====================================================
It's finally officially time for the Winter One-to-One Fat Quarter
Swap. This means that you send to exactly one person and exactly one
person sends to you!!! That's it. So easy! This is a great swap for
people who have never swapped before and want to try. And this time it
is "participant's choice" fabrics!!! If you don't know how my swaps
work or if you want more info email me with your questions.

I'll do my very best as always to keep people mailing as close to
locally as I can to keep postal costs down (unless you specifically
state otherwise, because some people like to trade internationally).
This all depends on who signs up and from where. This means if you live
in Canada, I'll have you swap with someone in Canada if I can.

As in past swaps I'll let you know who your person is, their contact
info, and their fabric preferences. Unlike past swaps, you will not
know who has you because it is a surprise swap! You won't know who has
you until you get the package in the mail!! If you have any questions
for your person, send all questions through me and I'll get it to them
and then back to you. This way the surprise is kept until the last
moment.

Now, even though we are all responsible ***s, sometimes things
happen. If you swap, but *never* receive anything in return even after
repeated attempts by me to contact your swap person, I as the host will
send you the appropriate amount of fabric so you don't lose out. No
matter what happens you will get fabric! So everyone wins!

Now as for signing up, this is going to be a very *** sign-up
period as winter is well underway. I will collect participants for only
just shy of two weeks until Sunday, January 26th. I'll make reminder
announcements, etc. Once the signup deadline is closed, I'll send out
your info on or about Monday, January 27th. You'll then
have one full month total to mail your fabric to your person. They
should have the fabric on or before Thursday, February 27th. If your
package is running late for ANY reason, you'll be responsible for
letting me know so I can let your person know. PLEASE only sign
up if you can stick to this time frame. I know lots of us get busy with
life and packages might go out late (which is okay)...but it's
just really awkward asking someone where their package is! Especially
numerous times. So let's keep it on time! :) That or I'll release your
home address to the group and they'll stash raid you!!! ;)

Now the most IMPORTANT part...the FABRIC! The theme of choice this
time is "participant's choice". These means that you list
colors/patterns/etc. of fabric that appeal to you and your person sends
you fabrics that fit your likes. The amount of fabric is 4 fat
quarters. 3 of the fat quarters are in the person's color preferences
and the 4th fat quarter is surprise and is your choice. Of course extra
goodies in the package are not necessary, but always welcome. I always
get asked several times during these swaps if people can spoil their
person with extra goodies. The answer is always yes. :) But
remember...not necessary. All fabric is 100% cotton and is NOT to be
prewashed (unless otherwise pre-arranged). There will be final and
specific rules emailed to you when you are emailed your person.

So if you are interested in the Winter Swap please email me with the
following info:
===================================================
Full Name:
RCTQ Nickname:
Email Address:
Snail Mail Address (including Country) where you can receive packages:

Fabric Preferences (color, pattern size, pattern type, what you don't
like, etc.):

Availability to Mail Out of Your Geographic Region if Absolutely
Necessary (Yes or No):
Availability to take a Second Person if Absolutely Necessary (Yes or
No):
===================================================

If you participated in one of my past Swaps I have your address on
file, but please send again just to make sure what I have is most
current (that and it makes cutting/pasting so much easier).

With that...We're on our way to super secret swappin' and fabric
fondling!!

Melissa in NJ *the self-appointed one-to-one swap queen!*

 
 
 

LAST CALL: *The* Winter One-to-One Fat Quarter Swap (Very LONG)

Post by MelissaIn » Wed, 29 Jan 2003 23:42:27


Hello All,

Just announcing that I'll be emailing you your swap info tonight
rather than last night as I originally announced. I'll be doing that
this evening SO I can take late comers right up until the very end!!!
:)

Until tonight!
Melissa in NJ

P.S. Swap details below!

Quote:
> *The* Winter One-to-One Fat Quarter Swap (Very LONG)
> =====================================================

> NOTE: This is being posted to RCTQ and sent individually to anyone who
> has participated in one of my previous swaps.

> =====================================================
> It's finally officially time for the Winter One-to-One Fat Quarter
> Swap. This means that you send to exactly one person and exactly one
> person sends to you!!! That's it. So easy! This is a great swap for
> people who have never swapped before and want to try. And this time it
> is "participant's choice" fabrics!!! If you don't know how my swaps
> work or if you want more info email me with your questions.

> I'll do my very best as always to keep people mailing as close to
> locally as I can to keep postal costs down (unless you specifically
> state otherwise, because some people like to trade internationally).
> This all depends on who signs up and from where. This means if you live
> in Canada, I'll have you swap with someone in Canada if I can.

> As in past swaps I'll let you know who your person is, their contact
> info, and their fabric preferences. Unlike past swaps, you will not
> know who has you because it is a surprise swap! You won't know who has
> you until you get the package in the mail!! If you have any questions
> for your person, send all questions through me and I'll get it to them
> and then back to you. This way the surprise is kept until the last
> moment.

> Now, even though we are all responsible ***s, sometimes things
> happen. If you swap, but *never* receive anything in return even after
> repeated attempts by me to contact your swap person, I as the host will
> send you the appropriate amount of fabric so you don't lose out. No
> matter what happens you will get fabric! So everyone wins!

> Now as for signing up, this is going to be a very *** sign-up
> period as winter is well underway. I will collect participants for only
> just shy of two weeks until Sunday, January 26th. I'll make reminder
> announcements, etc. Once the signup deadline is closed, I'll send out
> your info on or about Monday, January 27th. You'll then
> have one full month total to mail your fabric to your person. They
> should have the fabric on or before Thursday, February 27th. If your
> package is running late for ANY reason, you'll be responsible for
> letting me know so I can let your person know. PLEASE only sign
> up if you can stick to this time frame. I know lots of us get busy with
> life and packages might go out late (which is okay)...but it's
> just really awkward asking someone where their package is! Especially
> numerous times. So let's keep it on time! :) That or I'll release your
> home address to the group and they'll stash raid you!!! ;)

> Now the most IMPORTANT part...the FABRIC! The theme of choice this
> time is "participant's choice". These means that you list
> colors/patterns/etc. of fabric that appeal to you and your person sends
> you fabrics that fit your likes. The amount of fabric is 4 fat
> quarters. 3 of the fat quarters are in the person's color preferences
> and the 4th fat quarter is surprise and is your choice. Of course extra
> goodies in the package are not necessary, but always welcome. I always
> get asked several times during these swaps if people can spoil their
> person with extra goodies. The answer is always yes. :) But
> remember...not necessary. All fabric is 100% cotton and is NOT to be
> prewashed (unless otherwise pre-arranged). There will be final and
> specific rules emailed to you when you are emailed your person.

> So if you are interested in the Winter Swap please email me with the
> following info:
> ===================================================
> Full Name:
> RCTQ Nickname:
> Email Address:
> Snail Mail Address (including Country) where you can receive packages:

> Fabric Preferences (color, pattern size, pattern type, what you don't
> like, etc.):

> Availability to Mail Out of Your Geographic Region if Absolutely
> Necessary (Yes or No):
> Availability to take a Second Person if Absolutely Necessary (Yes or
> No):
> ===================================================

> If you participated in one of my past Swaps I have your address on
> file, but please send again just to make sure what I have is most
> current (that and it makes cutting/pasting so much easier).

> With that...We're on our way to super secret swappin' and fabric
> fondling!!

> Melissa in NJ *the self-appointed one-to-one swap queen!*


 
 
 

LAST CALL: *The* Winter One-to-One Fat Quarter Swap (Very LONG)

Post by Emili » Thu, 30 Jan 2003 02:22:41


Melissa,

Although I enjoyed the fall swap, currently I'm swamped! And no time for
S.E.X. (even though all the sales are on now).

I will look out for Spring though!

Thanks for all your hard work!

Emilia



Quote:
> Hello All,

> Just announcing that I'll be emailing you your swap info tonight
> rather than last night as I originally announced. I'll be doing that
> this evening SO I can take late comers right up until the very end!!!
>:)

> Until tonight!
> Melissa in NJ

> P.S. Swap details below!

 
 
 

LAST CALL: *The* Winter One-to-One Fat Quarter Swap (Very LONG)

Post by Elen » Thu, 30 Jan 2003 04:56:40


Ditto. Will be looking forward to the next swap.
Elena

Quote:
> Melissa,

> Although I enjoyed the fall swap, currently I'm swamped! And no time for
> S.E.X. (even though all the sales are on now).

> I will look out for Spring though!

> Thanks for all your hard work!

> Emilia



> > Hello All,

> > Just announcing that I'll be emailing you your swap info tonight
> > rather than last night as I originally announced. I'll be doing that
> > this evening SO I can take late comers right up until the very end!!!
> >:)

> > Until tonight!
> > Melissa in NJ

> > P.S. Swap details below!

 
 
 

LAST CALL: *The* Winter One-to-One Fat Quarter Swap (Very LONG)

Post by Melissa in N » Thu, 30 Jan 2003 09:13:56


Emilia and Elena I'll be holding you to it. <wink>

:D Melissa

--
and the "Boos Hounds" (Bear, Bits, and Lexus)
and Maxi (aka Witch Kitty with a "B"), Kenobi (aka "Kitty Wan Kenobi"),
and Salem (aka "Salem the Yak")

Quilt Something for Yourself!    Adopt a Racing Greyhound!
--
Remove STOP***to reply
--


Ditto. Will be looking forward to the next swap.
Elena

Quote:
> Melissa,

> Although I enjoyed the fall swap, currently I'm swamped! And no time for
> S.E.X. (even though all the sales are on now).

> I will look out for Spring though!

> Thanks for all your hard work!

> Emilia



> > Hello All,

> > Just announcing that I'll be emailing you your swap info tonight
> > rather than last night as I originally announced. I'll be doing that
> > this evening SO I can take late comers right up until the very end!!!
> >:)

> > Until tonight!
> > Melissa in NJ

> > P.S. Swap details below!