"Puff" or "Biscut" quilts

"Puff" or "Biscut" quilts

Post by Shaw » Mon, 27 Nov 2000 04:00:00



I am doing this for my mom who is the quilter and I am the internet person
of the household, in other words she doesn't use the internet.  The question
she posed to me to find information was this: 'where would I find directions
to do "biscut" or "puff" quilt?'  The search of the news group proved to be
ineffective, for the links listed were dead or no longer used.  If you know
of a magazine issue or a book that the information might be in, feel free to
cite the source, she may have it in print, she has been quilting for more
than a decade.


Thank you all in advance,
Shawn

 
 
 

"Puff" or "Biscut" quilts

Post by Kate Lang » Mon, 27 Nov 2000 04:00:00


I had this same question a little whil back....
McCalls Pattern #2449 is an excallent resource. Also someone sent me this
link;
http://members.nbci.com/_XMCM/dancesonair/PuffQuiltingBlock.html
Hope this is helpful,
Kate in Clinton Corners, NY


Quote:
> I am doing this for my mom who is the quilter and I am the internet person
> of the household, in other words she doesn't use the internet.  The
question
> she posed to me to find information was this: 'where would I find
directions
> to do "biscut" or "puff" quilt?'  The search of the news group proved to
be
> ineffective, for the links listed were dead or no longer used.  If you
know
> of a magazine issue or a book that the information might be in, feel free
to
> cite the source, she may have it in print, she has been quilting for more
> than a decade.


> Thank you all in advance,
> Shawn


 
 
 

"Puff" or "Biscut" quilts

Post by Marcia Hoh » Tue, 28 Nov 2000 09:45:16


The Quilter's Cache Servers are down again, :o(  but only temporarily... as
I got a new server last night! It will take one more day for the domain name
forwarding service to kick in, and then the new address of this pattern will
be: http://www.quilterscache.com/PuffQuiltingBlock.html The URL you need to
bookmark for the site will be http://www.quilterscache.com , as that address
will be the primary one for the site, including Quilt Blocks Galore!
Thanks...Marcia


Quote:
> I had this same question a little whil back....
> McCalls Pattern #2449 is an excallent resource. Also someone sent me this
> link;
> http://members.nbci.com/_XMCM/dancesonair/PuffQuiltingBlock.html
> Hope this is helpful,
> Kate in Clinton Corners, NY



> > I am doing this for my mom who is the quilter and I am the internet
person
> > of the household, in other words she doesn't use the internet.  The
> question
> > she posed to me to find information was this: 'where would I find
> directions
> > to do "biscut" or "puff" quilt?'  The search of the news group proved to
> be
> > ineffective, for the links listed were dead or no longer used.  If you
> know
> > of a magazine issue or a book that the information might be in, feel
free
> to
> > cite the source, she may have it in print, she has been quilting for
more
> > than a decade.


> > Thank you all in advance,
> > Shawn

 
 
 

"Puff" or "Biscut" quilts

Post by Maggiesteven » Tue, 28 Nov 2000 16:38:01


I have a book, Learn Patchwork by Lynette~Merlin Syme pub. by HarperCollins.
It gives 2 types of puff patchwork - one we call Suffolk Puffs but I think
Americans call yoyos. This is a circle of material with a running stitch
around the outside - you can put some filling in before pulling the thread
tight then join into a quilt. The other method is 2 squares of material 1 a
bit bigger than the other. Put a little pleat in the corners of the larger
square before sewing it to the smaller - leave a bit unsewn in the seam to
put some filling in. Again join these together to make a quilt of any size.
Hope this helps, Maggie


Quote:
> I am doing this for my mom who is the quilter and I am the internet person
> of the household, in other words she doesn't use the internet.  The
question
> she posed to me to find information was this: 'where would I find
directions
> to do "biscut" or "puff" quilt?'  The search of the news group proved to
be
> ineffective, for the links listed were dead or no longer used.  If you
know
> of a magazine issue or a book that the information might be in, feel free
to
> cite the source, she may have it in print, she has been quilting for more
> than a decade.


> Thank you all in advance,
> Shawn

 
 
 

"Puff" or "Biscut" quilts

Post by kjb.. » Tue, 28 Nov 2000 04:00:00


Here is a good set of instructions:
http://www.reddawn.net/quilt/puff.htm

Kathy

 
 
 

"Puff" or "Biscut" quilts

Post by news.sisqtel.ne » Wed, 29 Nov 2000 04:00:00


Kaye Wood once demonstrated a "strip-pieced" method of doing puff quilting.
It was too long ago for me to remember how (I'm lucky I remember she did
it),
but she might well have published a booklet.
I've never seen her web site mentioned here.  Surely she has one???
--
Ruth in Happy Camp



Quote:
> I am doing this for my mom who is the quilter and I am the internet
person
> of the household, in other words she doesn't use the internet.  The
question
> she posed to me to find information was this: 'where would I find
directions
> to do "biscut" or "puff" quilt?'  The search of the news group proved to
be
> ineffective, for the links listed were dead or no longer used.  If you
know
> of a magazine issue or a book that the information might be in, feel free
to
> cite the source, she may have it in print, she has been quilting for more
> than a decade.


> Thank you all in advance,
> Shawn

 
 
 

"Puff" or "Biscut" quilts

Post by Kate Lang » Wed, 29 Nov 2000 04:00:00


Here is Kaye Wood's site....
http://www.kayewood.com/
Kate in Clinton Corners, NY


Quote:
> Kaye Wood once demonstrated a "strip-pieced" method of doing puff
quilting.
> It was too long ago for me to remember how (I'm lucky I remember she did
> it),
> but she might well have published a booklet.
> I've never seen her web site mentioned here.  Surely she has one???
> --
> Ruth in Happy Camp



> > I am doing this for my mom who is the quilter and I am the internet
> person
> > of the household, in other words she doesn't use the internet.  The
> question
> > she posed to me to find information was this: 'where would I find
> directions
> > to do "biscut" or "puff" quilt?'  The search of the news group proved to
> be
> > ineffective, for the links listed were dead or no longer used.  If you
> know
> > of a magazine issue or a book that the information might be in, feel
free
> to
> > cite the source, she may have it in print, she has been quilting for
more
> > than a decade.


> > Thank you all in advance,
> > Shawn