Cannot get backing off Printed Treasures Paper

Cannot get backing off Printed Treasures Paper

Post by tnhele » Wed, 19 Aug 2009 14:58:53



I have done some quilt labels on Printed Treasures transfer paper that
was run through my inkjet printer.  The problem is that the backing
will not peel off!  It's making quite the mess.

Any secrets to getting it off easier?

Thanks.

Helen

 
 
 

Cannot get backing off Printed Treasures Paper

Post by Jennifer in Ottaw » Wed, 19 Aug 2009 21:04:12


Hi Helen, I don't use this brand so I can't answer your question but
here's the link to the website where you might find an answer to your
problem.  The instructions for use of each type of transfer medium is
available by clicking on the picture of each type and there is contact
info if you don't find a solution. jennellh

http://www.dritz.com/brands/printedtreasures/index.php


Quote:
> I have done some quilt labels on Printed Treasures transfer paper that
> was run through my inkjet printer. ?The problem is that the backing
> will not peel off! ?It's making quite the mess.

> Any secrets to getting it off easier?

> Thanks.

> Helen


 
 
 

Cannot get backing off Printed Treasures Paper

Post by Idahoqlt » Wed, 19 Aug 2009 22:19:38



Quote:
> I have done some quilt labels on Printed Treasures transfer paper that
> was run through my inkjet printer. The problem is that the backing
> will not peel off! It's making quite the mess.

> Any secrets to getting it off easier?

> Thanks.

> Helen

I had that problem once when I ordered from Joann.com.  I called the
PT company and the woman said that it should peel off easily and she
would send me a new package from the next run (free).  The new ones
worked like a dream!
 
 
 

Cannot get backing off Printed Treasures Paper

Post by Polly Esthe » Wed, 19 Aug 2009 22:22:33


That's such a surprise - Printed Treasures have always worked just
beautifully for me.  I guess yours could have been stored/shipped in unkind
conditions before you bought them.
    Long ago, we used to cover things with Contac Paper and there was a
major struggle trying to remove the backing.  How to:  take a pin and
'score' across a corner about an inch in from the point of the corner.
(Score - drag the pin down hard across the corner to cut through the
backing).  Bend the sheet at the scoring and the cut edge should pop right
up.
    I guess if your situation is truly desperate that soaking in a pan of
cold water might help.  Printed Treasures have to be soaked as part of their
finishing treatment anyway.
    Do let us know how it goes.  Polly



Hi Helen, I don't use this brand so I can't answer your question but
here's the link to the website where you might find an answer to your
problem.  The instructions for use of each type of transfer medium is
available by clicking on the picture of each type and there is contact
info if you don't find a solution. jennellh

http://www.dritz.com/brands/printedtreasures/index.php


Quote:
> I have done some quilt labels on Printed Treasures transfer paper that
> was run through my inkjet printer. The problem is that the backing
> will not peel off! It's making quite the mess.

> Any secrets to getting it off easier?

> Thanks.

> Helen

 
 
 

Cannot get backing off Printed Treasures Paper

Post by Alliso » Wed, 19 Aug 2009 22:29:12


Quote:

> I have done some quilt labels on Printed Treasures transfer paper that
> was run through my inkjet printer.  The problem is that the backing
> will not peel off!  It's making quite the mess.

> Any secrets to getting it off easier?

> Thanks.

> Helen

I had a hard time with some too - had to pull it off  v-e-r-y slowly or
else the paper ripped. I used tweezers to get hold of the bits that
stayed stuck, sort of scrapping the edge of the paper to get enough of
it loose to grab on to.

I was thinking that maybe my problem was because the transfer paper was
more than a year old - does anyone know the lifetime of this stuff?

Allison

 
 
 

Cannot get backing off Printed Treasures Paper

Post by tnhele » Sun, 23 Aug 2009 13:54:05



Quote:
> That's such a surprise - Printed Treasures have always worked just
> beautifully for me. ?I guess yours could have been stored/shipped in unkind
> conditions before you bought them.
> ? ? Long ago, we used to cover things with Contac Paper and there was a
> major struggle trying to remove the backing. ?How to: ?take a pin and
> 'score' across a corner about an inch in from the point of the corner.
> (Score - drag the pin down hard across the corner to cut through the
> backing). ?Bend the sheet at the scoring and the cut edge should pop right
> up.
> ? ? I guess if your situation is truly desperate that soaking in a pan of
> cold water might help. ?Printed Treasures have to be soaked as part of their
> finishing treatment anyway.
> ? ? Do let us know how it goes. ?Polly


> Hi Helen, I don't use this brand so I can't answer your question but
> here's the link to the website where you might find an answer to your
> problem. ?The instructions for use of each type of transfer medium is
> available by clicking on the picture of each type and there is contact
> info if you don't find a solution. jennellh

> http://www.dritz.com/brands/printedtreasures/index.php


> > I have done some quilt labels on Printed Treasures transfer paper that
> > was run through my inkjet printer. The problem is that the backing
> > will not peel off! It's making quite the mess.

> > Any secrets to getting it off easier?

> > Thanks.

> > Helen- Hide quoted text -

> - Show quoted text -

Thank you for the link.  I have sent an email inquiring about this
problem.

Helen