A "Your Pick" top done

A "Your Pick" top done

Post by Michelle C » Sat, 15 Aug 2009 10:50:09



Some of you may remember Terbear's "Your Pick" swaps.  My mother, who is
not much into computers, but loves quilting joined us for one of those
swaps.  She's getting ready to sandwich the top she made from the swap
and I took the opportunity to snap a picture.  If you'd like to look,
here's the link:

http://desertquilter.webs.com/apps/photos/photo?photoid=48134643

Best regards,
Michelle in Nevada

 
 
 

A "Your Pick" top done

Post by Jennifer in Ottaw » Sat, 15 Aug 2009 11:29:19


Its a beauty!  jennellh



Quote:
> Some of you may remember Terbear's "Your Pick" swaps. ?My mother, who is
> not much into computers, but loves quilting joined us for one of those
> swaps. ?She's getting ready to sandwich the top she made from the swap
> and I took the opportunity to snap a picture. ?If you'd like to look,
> here's the link:

> http://desertquilter.webs.com/apps/photos/photo?photoid=48134643

> Best regards,
> Michelle in Nevada


 
 
 

A "Your Pick" top done

Post by Dee in O » Sat, 15 Aug 2009 13:01:32


Its beautiful Michelle.
Your mum has done a great job.

Dee in Oz


Quote:
> Some of you may remember Terbear's "Your Pick" swaps.  My mother, who is
> not much into computers, but loves quilting joined us for one of those
> swaps.  She's getting ready to sandwich the top she made from the swap and
> I took the opportunity to snap a picture.  If you'd like to look, here's
> the link:

> http://desertquilter.webs.com/apps/photos/photo?photoid=48134643

> Best regards,
> Michelle in Nevada

 
 
 

A "Your Pick" top done

Post by Joann » Sat, 15 Aug 2009 13:22:13


Very Nice. Had to take a second look though the one fabric blends with
the color of the tile so it was decieving at first, very cool though.
Joanna
Quote:

> Some of you may remember Terbear's "Your Pick" swaps.  My mother, who is
> not much into computers, but loves quilting joined us for one of those
> swaps.  She's getting ready to sandwich the top she made from the swap
> and I took the opportunity to snap a picture.  If you'd like to look,
> here's the link:

> http://desertquilter.webs.com/apps/photos/photo?photoid=48134643

> Best regards,
> Michelle in Nevada

 
 
 

A "Your Pick" top done

Post by Louise in Iow » Sat, 15 Aug 2009 20:01:09


I'm piggy-backing, as I didn't see the original post. Michelle, tell your
mother it turned out terrific. I can't wait to see it quilted.
--
Louise in Iowa

http://community.webshots.com/user/louiseiniowa


Quote:
> Very Nice. Had to take a second look though the one fabric blends with the
> color of the tile so it was decieving at first, very cool though.
> Joanna


>> Some of you may remember Terbear's "Your Pick" swaps.  My mother, who is
>> not much into computers, but loves quilting joined us for one of those
>> swaps.  She's getting ready to sandwich the top she made from the swap
>> and I took the opportunity to snap a picture.  If you'd like to look,
>> here's the link:

>> http://desertquilter.webs.com/apps/photos/photo?photoid=48134643

>> Best regards,
>> Michelle in Nevada

 
 
 

A "Your Pick" top done

Post by Polly Esthe » Sat, 15 Aug 2009 21:32:09


An image consultant said my colors were autumn back in my career days.  I
don't know if she was right but those surely do call to me.  That is a
wonderful warm quilt and makes me want to come get it.  Congratulations to
your Mom.  Polly
 
 
 

A "Your Pick" top done

Post by EstelleU » Sat, 15 Aug 2009 21:42:58


That is fantastic,( tell your mother from me). I love it and the colours
too!
--
Estelle UK
http://community.webshots.com/user/


Quote:
> Some of you may remember Terbear's "Your Pick" swaps.  My mother, who is
> not much into computers, but loves quilting joined us for one of those
> swaps.  She's getting ready to sandwich the top she made from the swap and
> I took the opportunity to snap a picture.  If you'd like to look, here's
> the link:

> http://desertquilter.webs.com/apps/photos/photo?photoid=48134643

> Best regards,
> Michelle in Nevada

 
 
 

A "Your Pick" top done

Post by amy in CN » Sat, 15 Aug 2009 22:29:00


How pretty! i love those colors, too. Leaves and fall colors are my
favorite.
Tell your DM it's great. can we see pics after quilting is done?

amy in CNY

 
 
 

A "Your Pick" top done

Post by Sand » Sat, 15 Aug 2009 23:29:50




Quote:
> Some of you may remember Terbear's "Your Pick" swaps.  My mother, who is
> not much into computers, but loves quilting joined us for one of those
> swaps.  She's getting ready to sandwich the top she made from the swap
> and I took the opportunity to snap a picture.  If you'd like to look,
> here's the link:

> http://desertquilter.webs.com/apps/photos/photo?photoid=48134643

> Best regards,
> Michelle in Nevada

Wow! Michelle, the quilt is lovely, but the finishing touch -- the leafy
border -- really sets it off!

BTW, where is Terbear these days???
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
sw.foster1 (at) gmail (dot) com (remove/change the obvious)
http://www.sandymike.net

 
 
 

A "Your Pick" top done

Post by Robert » Sun, 16 Aug 2009 00:03:52


Wow, that looks like fun! I really like the maple leaf border.
Roberta in D

On Thu, 13 Aug 2009 18:50:09 -0700, "Michelle C."

Quote:

>Some of you may remember Terbear's "Your Pick" swaps.  My mother, who is
>not much into computers, but loves quilting joined us for one of those
>swaps.  She's getting ready to sandwich the top she made from the swap
>and I took the opportunity to snap a picture.  If you'd like to look,
>here's the link:

>http://desertquilter.webs.com/apps/photos/photo?photoid=48134643

>Best regards,
>Michelle in Nevada

 
 
 

A "Your Pick" top done

Post by Laurie G. in C » Sun, 16 Aug 2009 00:41:24


It's beautiful! I can't wait to see it quilted.....

Speaking of Terbear..... I took a class with her several years ago in
Lafayette, CA. I loved her!!! She was very active on many quilting groups
and then I stopped seeing her posts.

Does anyone know what she is up to these days? I'll bet her boys are almost
***s by now!

--
~~~~~~~
Laurie G. in CA
http://www.FoundCollection.com/
http://www.FoundCollection.com/
~~~~~~~


Quote:
> Some of you may remember Terbear's "Your Pick" swaps.  My mother, who is
> not much into computers, but loves quilting joined us for one of those
> swaps.  She's getting ready to sandwich the top she made from the swap and
> I took the opportunity to snap a picture.  If you'd like to look, here's
> the link:

> http://www.FoundCollection.com/

> Best regards,
> Michelle in Nevada

 
 
 

A "Your Pick" top done

Post by Michelle C » Sun, 16 Aug 2009 01:06:22


I think so too, Dee.  :-)

Thank you.
Michelle in Nevada

Quote:

> Its beautiful Michelle.
> Your mum has done a great job.

> Dee in Oz



>> Some of you may remember Terbear's "Your Pick" swaps.  My mother, who is
>> not much into computers, but loves quilting joined us for one of those
>> swaps.  She's getting ready to sandwich the top she made from the swap and
>> I took the opportunity to snap a picture.  If you'd like to look, here's
>> the link:

>> http://desertquilter.webs.com/apps/photos/photo?photoid=48134643

>> Best regards,
>> Michelle in Nevada

 
 
 

A "Your Pick" top done

Post by Michelle C » Sun, 16 Aug 2009 01:06:52


Thanks Jennifer.  I think so too.  :-)

Michelle in Nevada

Quote:

> Its a beauty!  jennellh



>> Some of you may remember Terbear's "Your Pick" swaps.  My mother, who is
>> not much into computers, but loves quilting joined us for one of those
>> swaps.  She's getting ready to sandwich the top she made from the swap
>> and I took the opportunity to snap a picture.  If you'd like to look,
>> here's the link:

>> http://desertquilter.webs.com/apps/photos/photo?photoid=48134643

>> Best regards,
>> Michelle in Nevada

 
 
 

A "Your Pick" top done

Post by Michelle C » Sun, 16 Aug 2009 01:07:48


Yeah, I noticed that the tile was pretty close to the background color
of the quilt too when I went to post it.  Looked really huge for a
minute :-)

Thanks!
Michelle in Nevada

Quote:

> Very Nice. Had to take a second look though the one fabric blends with
> the color of the tile so it was decieving at first, very cool though.
> Joanna


>> Some of you may remember Terbear's "Your Pick" swaps.  My mother, who
>> is not much into computers, but loves quilting joined us for one of
>> those swaps.  She's getting ready to sandwich the top she made from
>> the swap and I took the opportunity to snap a picture.  If you'd like
>> to look, here's the link:

>> http://desertquilter.webs.com/apps/photos/photo?photoid=48134643

>> Best regards,
>> Michelle in Nevada

 
 
 

A "Your Pick" top done

Post by Michelle C » Sun, 16 Aug 2009 01:10:55


Quote:

> I'm piggy-backing, as I didn't see the original post. Michelle, tell your
> mother it turned out terrific. I can't wait to see it quilted.

Hi Louise,

If I'm remembering correctly, you have a block in the quilt.  :-)  (And
in my pansy "your pick" top that I'm still working on.) She's thinking
of doing a combination of straight stitch machine quilting on the
borders, but mostly hand-quilting the blocks themselves.  She does
lovely appliqu , but it will be the first time she's done hand-quilting.

Thanks!
Michelle in Nevada