AD- We too the plunge on JustBeads

AD- We too the plunge on JustBeads

Post by E J Ralp » Wed, 12 Jan 2005 07:51:39



On Sun, 9 Jan 2005 21:42:49 +0000 (UTC), "Su/Cutworks"

Quote:

>I'm so peeved because the JB listings are not as easy or clear to do when
>you're just starting out.  I didn't put up the thumbnail because I thought
>there was another place for them and now I can't put them up at all!  
>-Su

I know what you mean - last time I listed at JB I forgot to add the
thumbnail and never could figure a way to go back and add one later. A
real bummer.

Emma
www.ejrbeads.co.uk

 
 
 

AD- We too the plunge on JustBeads

Post by Su/Cutwork » Wed, 12 Jan 2005 08:51:16


Quote:

> I know what you mean - last time I listed at JB I forgot to add the
> thumbnail and never could figure a way to go back and add one later. A
> real bummer.

Mike says I can't say 'bummer' in the UK.  He gets all upset about it and
says it's not a nice word in front of the first mate (hereinafter referred
to as the FM).

I understand the other words I mustn't say but bummer?

Anyway, Bob was a lot of help to me and now I have thumbnails of my
auctions.  Hurrah for customer service!

-Su

--
Tillerman eBay shop: http://stores.ebay.com/thetillermanbeads
Tillerman on JustBeads:
http://www.justbeads.com/search/ql.cfm?s=tillermanbeads
Tillerman website: http://www.tillerman.co.uk

 
 
 

AD- We too the plunge on JustBeads

Post by Polly Stewar » Wed, 12 Jan 2005 12:13:26


Quote:


>>I am not sure if they have a category for finished jewellery, or if it
>>is "just beads" though.

> There are two jewellery categories on JustBeads, which is great!  I plan on
> listing something in there too.

Me too! Although, I scanned through those listings and there were no
bids anywhere...yet.  I guess traffic hasn't found them so far.

Quote:
> They have Vintage Jewellery and Contemporary Jewellery.

A *few* were actually true vintage... okay, I'm sorry, its just thats
one of my (smallish) pet peeves.... How can vintage be made last year...
even if it does come from Asia!  :)

Polly
=====
don't spook ma' groove...

 
 
 

AD- We too the plunge on JustBeads

Post by E J Ralp » Wed, 12 Jan 2005 19:15:53


On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 23:51:16 +0000 (UTC), "Su/Cutworks"

Quote:

>Mike says I can't say 'bummer' in the UK.  He gets all upset about it and
>says it's not a nice word in front of the first mate (hereinafter referred
>to as the FM).

>I understand the other words I mustn't say but bummer?

>Anyway, Bob was a lot of help to me and now I have thumbnails of my
>auctions.  Hurrah for customer service!

>-Su

Ok, I think I know where Mike is coming from on that score! Although I
don't think that usage of the word Bummer in the UK is so prevelent as
the american meaning now anyway. Maybe its a northern thing and it is
different down here though?

If we are thinking of the same meaning though - lets just say that
Dafydd from Little Britain could be described as a  bummer, if he were
practising - which according to the show he isn't ;-)

lol - how do we get ourselves into these conversations Su?

Well, I am glad you got the thumbnails sorted out for your auctions
anyway. The customer service on Justbeads is fantastic - such a
refreshing change to deal with real-life humans, and nice ones at
that!

Emma
www.ejrbeads.co.uk

 
 
 

AD- We too the plunge on JustBeads

Post by Su/Cutwork » Wed, 12 Jan 2005 20:34:39


Quote:

> Ok, I think I know where Mike is coming from on that score! Although I
> don't think that usage of the word Bummer in the UK is so prevelent as
> the american meaning now anyway. Maybe its a northern thing and it is
> different down here though?

Difficult to say, the northern psyche is inpenetrable, yes?

Quote:
> If we are thinking of the same meaning though - lets just say that
> Dafydd from Little Britain could be described as a  bummer, if he were
> practising - which according to the show he isn't ;-)

Yep.  That's the one, even without the red vinyl.

Quote:
> lol - how do we get ourselves into these conversations Su?

Wit and intelligence and a keyboard, I think!

Quote:
> Well, I am glad you got the thumbnails sorted out for your auctions
> anyway. The customer service on Justbeads is fantastic - such a
> refreshing change to deal with real-life humans, and nice ones at
> that!

Yes!  I'm all for customer service.  I even saw some today.  It was pretty
shy and hid a lot but eventually I coaxed it out.

-Su

--
Tillerman eBay shop: http://stores.ebay.com/thetillermanbeads
Tillerman on JustBeads:
http://www.justbeads.com/search/ql.cfm?s=tillermanbeads
Tillerman website: http://www.tillerman.co.uk

 
 
 

AD- We too the plunge on JustBeads

Post by E J Ralp » Wed, 12 Jan 2005 22:40:20


Was that the lesser-spotted customer service? Or the common or garden
one? Last I heard, customer service had migrated south for the winter,
never to return!

Emma
www.ejrbeads.co.uk

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 11:34:39 +0000 (UTC), "Su/Cutworks"

Quote:


>> Ok, I think I know where Mike is coming from on that score! Although I
>> don't think that usage of the word Bummer in the UK is so prevelent as
>> the american meaning now anyway. Maybe its a northern thing and it is
>> different down here though?

>Difficult to say, the northern psyche is inpenetrable, yes?

>> If we are thinking of the same meaning though - lets just say that
>> Dafydd from Little Britain could be described as a  bummer, if he were
>> practising - which according to the show he isn't ;-)

>Yep.  That's the one, even without the red vinyl.

>> lol - how do we get ourselves into these conversations Su?

>Wit and intelligence and a keyboard, I think!

>> Well, I am glad you got the thumbnails sorted out for your auctions
>> anyway. The customer service on Justbeads is fantastic - such a
>> refreshing change to deal with real-life humans, and nice ones at
>> that!

>Yes!  I'm all for customer service.  I even saw some today.  It was pretty
>shy and hid a lot but eventually I coaxed it out.

>-Su

 
 
 

AD- We too the plunge on JustBeads

Post by Su/Cutwork » Thu, 13 Jan 2005 01:46:07


Quote:

> Was that the lesser-spotted customer service? Or the common or garden
> one? Last I heard, customer service had migrated south for the winter,
> never to return!

It was the even rarer crested customer service.  Most of the other varieties
have migrated to the Costa del Sol apparently.

-Su

--
Tillerman eBay shop: http://stores.ebay.com/thetillermanbeads
Tillerman on JustBeads:
http://www.justbeads.com/search/ql.cfm?s=tillermanbeads
Tillerman website: http://www.tillerman.co.uk

 
 
 

AD- We too the plunge on JustBeads

Post by Stephani » Thu, 13 Jan 2005 12:53:37


I'm guessing because "bum" is "butt" in british?
 
 
 

AD- We too the plunge on JustBeads

Post by Su/Cutwork » Thu, 13 Jan 2005 18:47:28


Quote:

> Well, sure, that's the meaning here, but surely not one the a Brit would
> find offensive.  I was speculating on why "bummer" might be offensive
Why
> Mike would say she can't say "bummer" here (ie, in England)

We talked about it last night and he feels it's in the same category as why
I hate the word '***' which is simply a word for cat here.

The clash of cultures!

-Su

--
Tillerman eBay shop: http://www.FoundCollection.com/
Tillerman on JustBeads:
http://www.FoundCollection.com/
Tillerman website: http://www.FoundCollection.com/