Wheee, new bracelet

Wheee, new bracelet

Post by MG » Tue, 20 Aug 2002 08:16:52



Did my first 2-strander today, mostly from freshwater pearls I
***ized from an old necklace.  I'm really happy with how it came
out, except that I'd have used cones to end the strands, if I had
them.

My scanner is really cruddy, so the colors look a little muddy (hey,
that rhymes):
http://www.FoundCollection.com/

What do you think?

MG

http://www.FoundCollection.com/
*remove the block when replying by email*

 
 
 

Wheee, new bracelet

Post by mkahoga » Tue, 20 Aug 2002 08:44:01


I think that it is really nice.  Very classy.
Kathy H

Quote:
> Did my first 2-strander today, mostly from freshwater pearls I
> ***ized from an old necklace.  I'm really happy with how it came
> out, except that I'd have used cones to end the strands, if I had
> them.

> My scanner is really cruddy, so the colors look a little muddy (hey,
> that rhymes):
> http://www.FoundCollection.com/

> What do you think?

> MG

> http://www.FoundCollection.com/
> *remove the block when replying by email*


 
 
 

Wheee, new bracelet

Post by Soo » Tue, 20 Aug 2002 08:50:17


Fab!

Quote:
>> My scanner is really cruddy, so the colors look a little muddy (hey,
>> that rhymes):
>> http://www.angelfire.com/journal/mgswonderland/beads/pearly.jpg

>> What do you think?

Sooz
Absence of stress means you're dead.
 
 
 

Wheee, new bracelet

Post by bluemax » Tue, 20 Aug 2002 10:15:58


Gorgeous!  Isn't it fun making 2-3 stranders?  :D
--
Linda


: Did my first 2-strander today, mostly from freshwater pearls I
: ***ized from an old necklace.  I'm really happy with how it
came
: out, except that I'd have used cones to end the strands, if I had
: them.
:
: My scanner is really cruddy, so the colors look a little muddy (hey,
: that rhymes):
: http://www.FoundCollection.com/
:
: What do you think?
:
: MG
:
: http://www.FoundCollection.com/
: *remove the block when replying by email*

 
 
 

Wheee, new bracelet

Post by BeckiBe » Tue, 20 Aug 2002 10:52:40


Very nice, MG

Becki

 
 
 

Wheee, new bracelet

Post by Tink » Tue, 20 Aug 2002 11:31:05


Very, very nice! I so admire the ability to do jewelry. I've only done
a bit. And not very well, I'm afraid.



Quote:
>Gorgeous!  Isn't it fun making 2-3 stranders?  :D

Tink
http://blackswampglassworks.com
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/index.php?referrerid=10179
http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/blackswampglassworks/
"Leap, and the net will appear." - Goethe
 
 
 

Wheee, new bracelet

Post by Marisa Cappett » Tue, 20 Aug 2002 11:50:57


Lovely.

Quote:
> Did my first 2-strander today, mostly from freshwater pearls I
> ***ized from an old necklace.  I'm really happy with how it came
> out, except that I'd have used cones to end the strands, if I had
> them.

> My scanner is really cruddy, so the colors look a little muddy (hey,
> that rhymes):
> http://www.FoundCollection.com/

> What do you think?

> MG

> http://www.FoundCollection.com/
> *remove the block when replying by email*

 
 
 

Wheee, new bracelet

Post by MG » Tue, 20 Aug 2002 12:08:26




Quote:
>Very, very nice! I so admire the ability to do jewelry. I've only done
>a bit. And not very well, I'm afraid.

I admire your ability to make beads!  I'm too afraid of fire/hot
things to even try it out.  I think what you do is awesome!

MG
http://www.angelfire.com/journal/mgswonderland/beads/index.html
*remove the block when replying by email*

 
 
 

Wheee, new bracelet

Post by MG » Tue, 20 Aug 2002 12:09:08


Thanks for all your kind comments, folks. :)  I'm a bit nervous since
this is the first thing I've made for someone else.  I hope she likes
it!

MG

http://www.angelfire.com/journal/mgswonderland/beads/index.html
*remove the block when replying by email*

 
 
 

Wheee, new bracelet

Post by Tink » Tue, 20 Aug 2002 12:24:41


It's so nice to have a symbiotic relationship between lampworkers and
jewelry designers... I know I'm e***d to see what you talented folks
do with my glass!



Quote:


>>Very, very nice! I so admire the ability to do jewelry. I've only done
>>a bit. And not very well, I'm afraid.

>I admire your ability to make beads!  I'm too afraid of fire/hot
>things to even try it out.  I think what you do is awesome!

>MG
>http://www.FoundCollection.com/
>*remove the block when replying by email*

Tink
http://www.FoundCollection.com/
http://www.FoundCollection.com/
http://www.FoundCollection.com/
"Leap, and the net will appear." - Goethe
 
 
 

Wheee, new bracelet

Post by Nita » Tue, 20 Aug 2002 12:58:18


I'm sure they will like it, very pretty

--
Nita,
~ White Raven Designs ~
view my current auctions on line at........
http://www.stores.ebay.com.au/id=41299363

Quote:
> Thanks for all your kind comments, folks. :)  I'm a bit nervous since
> this is the first thing I've made for someone else.  I hope she likes
> it!

> MG

> http://www.angelfire.com/journal/mgswonderland/beads/index.html
> *remove the block when replying by email*

 
 
 

Wheee, new bracelet

Post by Soo » Tue, 20 Aug 2002 13:39:11


Yeah.  One-stranders (or non-weaving) looks too.....plain to me.  If I'm going
to make or wear a bracelet, I want it to BE there.

Quote:
>Gorgeous!  Isn't it fun making 2-3 stranders?  :D

Sooz
Absence of stress means you're dead.
 
 
 

Wheee, new bracelet

Post by Christina Foster Peterso » Tue, 20 Aug 2002 14:18:26


One thing I think is especially nice is how many differences there are in
our different styles.

We have poly clay faces, plaids, sketches, and applied leaves and flowers.

I probably feel closest to Becki in fl***style, but would never pick the
size of  beads she uses.

I love Doug's classic style of lampwork,  and Tink's freedom.

There are so many different pallets, preferred stitches, and styles! --
cutesy, kitsch, sleek, plush, classic, rustic.

No one has to feel like anyone is in competition with them.  Though I sure
wish I were as prolific as some of you.

Christina


Quote:
> It's so nice to have a symbiotic relationship between lampworkers and
> jewelry designers... I know I'm e***d to see what you talented folks
> do with my glass!





> >>Very, very nice! I so admire the ability to do jewelry. I've only done
> >>a bit. And not very well, I'm afraid.

> >I admire your ability to make beads!  I'm too afraid of fire/hot
> >things to even try it out.  I think what you do is awesome!

> >MG
> >http://www.FoundCollection.com/
> >*remove the block when replying by email*

> Tink
> http://www.FoundCollection.com/
> http://www.FoundCollection.com/
> http://www.FoundCollection.com/
> "Leap, and the net will appear." - Goethe

 
 
 

Wheee, new bracelet

Post by BJ And Joh » Tue, 20 Aug 2002 14:27:43


That is so beautiful.
Beej

Quote:
> Did my first 2-strander today, mostly from freshwater pearls I
> ***ized from an old necklace.  I'm really happy with how it came
> out, except that I'd have used cones to end the strands, if I had
> them.

> My scanner is really cruddy, so the colors look a little muddy (hey,
> that rhymes):
> http://www.FoundCollection.com/

> What do you think?

> MG

> http://www.FoundCollection.com/
> *remove the block when replying by email*

-----------== Posted via Newsfeed.Com - Uncensored Usenet News ==----------
   http://www.FoundCollection.com/       The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
-----= Over 100,000 Newsgroups - Unlimited Fast Downloads - 19 Servers =-----
 
 
 

Wheee, new bracelet

Post by Soo » Tue, 20 Aug 2002 15:17:50


BAOWAAWAAAAAA! said the bracelet. (I wear it every day)

Quote:
>]Yeah.  One-stranders (or non-weaving) looks too.....plain to me.  If I'm
>going
>]to make or wear a bracelet, I want it to BE there.

>no, s**t!
>you should have seen the one she was wearing when i arrived!!!!

Sooz
Absence of stress means you're dead.