Al Trendle are you out there?? (Was Centurions...)

Al Trendle are you out there?? (Was Centurions...)

Post by MLDH » Tue, 23 Dec 1997 04:00:00



Mr. Trendle,
What happened to the Centurion??
I'd posted a response to a question about the Merkava III, after having had
Verlinden send me notice the kit was cancelled, and sending me back my
pre-order check.

Now I read a message where you are quoted ( I missed your reply somehow) as
saying the Merkava III is alive but the Centurion is dead.

Quote:
>Subject: Re: academy centurion

>Date: Mon, Dec 22, 1997 17:29 EST

>>Michael:  Sorry to destroy your opinion, but the Merkava III is very much
>>alive
>>and kicking.  Academy has it in their 1997/1998 catalog and price list for
>>July
>>release!  On the other hand the Centurion was  dropped from their catalog and
>>price list last year.
>>Their 1998 armor program consists of a Hummer TOW, a Vietnam version M-113,
>>the
>>CEV version of the M-60 and the Merkava III.
>>Regards,
>>Al Trendle, Minicraft.

>Is there any special reason that the Centurion is so hard to get out?  I
>realize that you don't have control over subject choices for the home company,
>but the Centurion availability roller coaster is almost driving me to do
>another AEF conversion.  Thanks in advance.
>A. J . Daverede
>Lanham, MD

IPMS #33505

What's the story here??
I love the M113 series, with a finished Zelda, M981, and M113a2 on the shelves
and the Fitters , M163, KIVF, and Warrior on the workbench now, I'm very
pleased with the recent releases, but what is going on??
The Centurion has got to be one of the most requested kits out there, the
conversion possibilites are almost boundless ( as are the variant releases),
I'm happy to hear the Merkava III is back. I'll build one, but I'm waiting
until it is on the shelves to get e***d about it. I suppose Verlinden will
send me bakc the check for 2x Centurions in good time.

Mike

Mike

If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, perhaps you've
misunderstood the situation.

 
 
 

Al Trendle are you out there?? (Was Centurions...)

Post by Joe Hegedu » Tue, 23 Dec 1997 04:00:00


Quote:

> Mr. Trendle,
> What happened to the Centurion??
> I'd posted a response to a question about the Merkava III, after having had
> Verlinden send me notice the kit was cancelled, and sending me back my
> pre-order check.

> Now I read a message where you are quoted ( I missed your reply somehow) as
> saying the Merkava III is alive but the Centurion is dead.

> >Subject: Re: academy centurion

> >Date: Mon, Dec 22, 1997 17:29 EST

> >>Michael:  Sorry to destroy your opinion, but the Merkava III is very much
> >>alive
> >>and kicking.  Academy has it in their 1997/1998 catalog and price list for
> >>July
> >>release!  On the other hand the Centurion was  dropped from their catalog and
> >>price list last year.
> >>Their 1998 armor program consists of a Hummer TOW, a Vietnam version M-113,
> >>the
> >>CEV version of the M-60 and the Merkava III.
> >>Regards,
> >>Al Trendle, Minicraft.

How about the Minicraft P-47D and F4U-5N?  What's the status of those?

Joe

 
 
 

Al Trendle are you out there?? (Was Centurions...)

Post by Mark Stare » Wed, 24 Dec 1997 04:00:00


Hi,

I don't know about the F4U but before I flew home for xmas i checked out
the local(halifax NS) hobbyshop and on a shelf they had about 4 or 5
Academy  P-47Ds for 25 bucks canadian(I think). This was DEc 12 so they
should be in general distribution. Hopefully this is the same P-47 you are
talking about.

cheers

Mark Stares
Law Student
Dalhousie Faculty of Law
Halifax Nova Scotia

"If at first you don't succeed.... Fail, Fail again!"

                Statler and Waldorf
                    circa 1979

 
 
 

Al Trendle are you out there?? (Was Centurions...)

Post by Donald Van Hoo » Wed, 24 Dec 1997 04:00:00


Quote:

> Hi,

> I don't know about the F4U but before I flew home for xmas i checked out
> the local(halifax NS) hobbyshop and on a shelf they had about 4 or 5
> Academy  P-47Ds for 25 bucks canadian(I think). This was DEc 12 so they
> should be in general distribution. Hopefully this is the same P-47 you are
> talking about.

> cheers

> Mark Stares
> Law Student
> Dalhousie Faculty of Law
> Halifax Nova Scotia

> "If at first you don't succeed.... Fail, Fail again!"

>                 Statler and Waldorf
>                     circa 1979
> The hobby shop that I work in here in Omaha just received the P-47D kits

today.  Can't vouch for the contents yet.

dvh

 
 
 

Al Trendle are you out there?? (Was Centurions...)

Post by AMTR » Wed, 31 Dec 1997 04:00:00


Quote:
>How about the Minicraft P-47D and F4U-5N?  What's the status of those?

We released the P-47D-25 last week; the shops should have them by the end of
this week.   The F4U-5(N) is slowly progressing.  We are down to reworking the
last three parts.  Maybe if they get it right this time, we can actually start
production in January.  
Rgds,
Al Trendle
 
 
 

Al Trendle are you out there?? (Was Centurions...)

Post by Cameron Lync » Wed, 31 Dec 1997 04:00:00


Quote:

> >How about the Minicraft P-47D and F4U-5N?  What's the status of those?

> We released the P-47D-25 last week; the shops should have them by the end of
> this week.   The F4U-5(N) is slowly progressing.  We are down to reworking the
> last three parts.  Maybe if they get it right this time, we can actually start
> production in January.
> Rgds,
> Al Trendle

Cool.  I'm looking forward to that kit.  Take your time and get it
right.

Cameron ***

--
"Education has produced a vast population able to read but unable to
distinquish what is worth reading, an easy prey to sensations and cheap
appeals" - G.M. Trevelyan (1876-1962)
__________________________________________________________________________
Copyright (C) 1997.  Cameron ***.  All rights reserved.

 
 
 

Al Trendle are you out there?? (Was Centurions...)

Post by Phillip Hust » Fri, 02 Jan 1998 04:00:00


On Tue, 30 Dec 1997 09:51:06 -0700, Cameron ***

Quote:


>> >How about the Minicraft P-47D and F4U-5N?  What's the status of those?

>> We released the P-47D-25 last week; the shops should have them by the end of
>> this week.   The F4U-5(N) is slowly progressing.  We are down to reworking the
>> last three parts.  Maybe if they get it right this time, we can actually start
>> production in January.
>> Rgds,
>> Al Trendle

>Cool.  I'm looking forward to that kit.  Take your time and get it
>right.

>Cameron ***

>--
>"Education has produced a vast population able to read but unable to
>distinquish what is worth reading, an easy prey to sensations and cheap
>appeals" - G.M. Trevelyan (1876-1962)
>__________________________________________________________________________
>Copyright (C) 1997.  Cameron ***.  All rights reserved.

I am curious as to why the P-47 was molded with the lower wing halves
as two pieces thus leaving a seam right through the middle of the
wheel well, similar to the Monogram kits of the P-47.  That alone is
enough to make me consider not buying it, although I will wait unitl I
see one built.
 
 
 

Al Trendle are you out there?? (Was Centurions...)

Post by Jonathan Mo » Sat, 03 Jan 1998 04:00:00



Quote:
> I am curious as to why the P-47 was molded with the lower wing halves
> as two pieces thus leaving a seam right through the middle of the
> wheel well, similar to the Monogram kits of the P-47.  That alone is
> enough to make me consider not buying it, although I will wait unitl I
> see one built.

Probably because the P-47D kit shares parts over from the P-47N from two
years back. As to why they broke the kit down in two wing halves - who
knows.

Having build both the Monogram bubbletop 'Jug' and the Academy P-47N, I
don't remember any problems with seams in the wheel wells. In fact, I
checked them before posting this and I didn't see a problem. What I do
remember is trying to fix gaps and things on the one-piece Hasegawa P-47D
though.

Don't write of the Academy kit yet!

--
Jonathan Mock

3I1ve got idols and icons, unspoken holy vows,
Thoughts to keep well hidden -
sacred and forbidden,
Free to browse among the holy cows."

 
 
 

Al Trendle are you out there?? (Was Centurions...)

Post by Gene » Sat, 03 Jan 1998 04:00:00


Just got my Minicraft 1/48 P-47D this afternoon and it looks
absolutely great in the box. First rate presentation, packaging,
decals,and moulding. Unless the fit is really bad or there are some
gross inaccuracies, I really think this kit's a winner -- and I hope
the forthcoming Minicraft Sabre and MiGs are on a par with this kit.

Gene K

On Fri, 02 Jan 1998 18:39:25 +0000,

Quote:


>> I am curious as to why the P-47 was molded with the lower wing halves
>> as two pieces thus leaving a seam right through the middle of the
>> wheel well, similar to the Monogram kits of the P-47.  That alone is
>> enough to make me consider not buying it, although I will wait unitl I
>> see one built.

>Probably because the P-47D kit shares parts over from the P-47N from two
>years back. As to why they broke the kit down in two wing halves - who
>knows.

>Having build both the Monogram bubbletop 'Jug' and the Academy P-47N, I
>don't remember any problems with seams in the wheel wells. In fact, I
>checked them before posting this and I didn't see a problem. What I do
>remember is trying to fix gaps and things on the one-piece Hasegawa P-47D
>though.

>Don't write of the Academy kit yet!