Post by al.le.. » Mon, 06 Jun 1994 02:15:28

N >     The way that I have done it is to buy clear decal film and paint
N >on it with a non-water based paint.  Super Scale makes a good film
N >and it's cheap ($2 a sheet).  There is an artical on the subject in a
N >Nov/Dec 1985 issue of FSM.  I have a copie.  If you would like a copy
N >send me your address and will sent it.
N >      As far as dry transfers go, I have done  this also.  Dry
N >transfers are far superior as it aways conforms to the plastic and
N >can be worked into recessed areas with little dificulty.  I am  a
N >graphic artist and I can tell you that it is a very costly process
N >and unless you have access to a stat camera you can forget it.
N >     Terry

the only decals I've ever made were for the framing on vac formed canopies
using the Superscale clear film.  I'd really like to see the article you
mention.  Thanks.

Al Lembo
1 Ridgewood St.
East Northport, NY 11731

 Al Lembo from Long Island, NY
 * WR  # 146 *