OT: Can you please help? - Music related!!

OT: Can you please help? - Music related!!

Post by Fred » Tue, 06 May 2003 19:46:06



I'm being coerced into working on what I think is an impossible musical
production, however accomplishing the impossible requires at least taking
the first step.

One of the pieces that has been selected is called Niki Nana. With the aid
of some electronic wizardry I think I have acquire all the lyrics but I need
*confirmation* of this!! -  "plus" a possible translation of the words which
I think are a mixture of African and English.(see below).

Another piece that has been selected is called Love is All and I have the
lyrics down pat for that one.

It would be a fantastic *bonus* if someone could tell me where I might be
able to purchase the sheet music for Niki Nana and Love is All.

Surfing amazon, google and yahoo just produced sour notes pun intended.

Lyrics for Niki Nana;

Kalermera Neneya
Tununu Se Ka Sawbona

Kalermera Neneya
Tununu Se Ka Musica
Kunjani Se Ka Meneya

Niki Nana Se Se Sa
Niki Na Se Sa Musica
Niki Nana Se Se Sa
Niki Na Say Were One

Niki Nana Se Se Sa
Niki Na Se Sa Como Ya
Niki Nana Se Se Sa
Niki Na Say
Niki Na Say Were One
Say Aiya

Dance and Chant
Let the Dance Enchant
Lets Dance and Chant
Se Laa

Dance and Chant
Let the Dance Enchant
Lets Dance and Chant
Se Laa

Dance and Chant
Let the Dance Enchant
Lets Dance and Chant

Dance and Chant
Let the Dance Enchant
Lets Dance and Chant

Say Aiya

Se Ka Meneya
Se Ka Meneya
Sa Sa Sa Sa Sa Sa Como Ya

Say Aiya

Se Ka Meneya
Tununu Se Ka Musica
Se Ka Meneya
Tununu Se Ka Musica

Kunjani Se Ka Meneya

Niki Nana Se Se Sa
Niki Na Se Sa Musica
Niki Nana Se Se Sa
Niki Na Say Were One

Niki Nana Se Se Sa
Niki Na Se Sa Como Ya
Niki Nana Se Se Sa
Niki Na Say Were One
Say Aiya
Say Aiya

Sa Sa
Sa Sa
Sawbona

Sa Sa
Sawbona

Niki Na Se
Niki Na Sa

Niki Nana
Niki Na Sa

Niki Nana
Niki Na Sa

Niki Nana
Niki Na Sa

Niki Nana Se Se Sa
Niki Nana Se Sa Musica
Niki Nana Se Se Sa
Niki Na Say Were One

Niki Nana Se Se Sa
Niki Na Se Sa Como Ya
Niki Nana Se Se Sa
Niki Na Say Were One
Say Aiya

Niki Nana Se Se Sa
Niki Na Se Sa Musica
Niki Nana Se Se Sa
Niki Na Say Were One

Niki Nana Se Se Sa
Niki Na Se Sa Como Ya
Niki Nana Se Se Sa
Niki Na Say Were One
Say Aiya

Niki Nana Se Se Sa
Niki Na Se Sa Como Ya
Niki Nana Se Se Sa
Niki Na Say Were One

Niki Nana Se Se Sa
Niki Na Se Sa Como Ya
Niki Nana Se Se Sa
Niki Na Say
Niki Na Say Aiya

Fred
Don't backstitch to email - just stitchit!
http://www.stitchaway.com

---
Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
Version: 6.0.476 / Virus Database: 273 - Release Date: 4/24/03

 
 
 

OT: Can you please help? - Music related!!

Post by hemloc » Wed, 07 May 2003 00:14:47


Hi Fred,

Im assuming you are referring to the music of Yanni... If you are, I really
dont think you will be able to *purchase* the sheet music to either of the
songs. Hal Leonard Corp. own the rights to print his music and they only
print about 6 books of his, none of which have either of the songs in them.
You could email them and ask though. Here's the website...
http://www.halleonard.com/index.jsp

The only other way would be to have some one arrange them for you or do it
yourself. I found this on a website regarding the words to Niki Nana....:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------
Q. What are the words to Aria and/or Niki Nana?
  A. There aren't any real words to either song (except in Niki Nana where
parts are actual English words).
  About Aria: The music is loosely based on the French opera from the 19th
century called 'Lakme' by Leo Delibes, but Yanni didn't use actual words in
the song -- they are vocal expressions or sounds made with singing voices.
I'm aware of some the sounds seem like words -- especially French words --
but they aren't... at least, probably not intentionally.

  About Niki Nana: Most of it is nonsense words... look on the inside of the
"Tribute" CD booklet for the "lyrics." Yes, parts are in English... and, no,
the rest is not Greek or any other language. The sounds may have been
influenced by one or more languages, but that is all.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------

Im sorry that I couldnt be of more help. Good luck though...

Anna


Quote:
> I'm being coerced into working on what I think is an impossible musical
> production, however accomplishing the impossible requires at least taking
> the first step.

> One of the pieces that has been selected is called Niki Nana. With the aid
> of some electronic wizardry I think I have acquire all the lyrics but I
need
> *confirmation* of this!! -  "plus" a possible translation of the words
which
> I think are a mixture of African and English.(see below).

> Another piece that has been selected is called Love is All and I have the
> lyrics down pat for that one.

> It would be a fantastic *bonus* if someone could tell me where I might be
> able to purchase the sheet music for Niki Nana and Love is All.

> Surfing amazon, google and yahoo just produced sour notes pun intended.

> Lyrics for Niki Nana;

> Kalermera Neneya
> Tununu Se Ka Sawbona

> Kalermera Neneya
> Tununu Se Ka Musica
> Kunjani Se Ka Meneya

> Niki Nana Se Se Sa
> Niki Na Se Sa Musica
> Niki Nana Se Se Sa
> Niki Na Say We're One

> Niki Nana Se Se Sa
> Niki Na Se Sa Como Ya
> Niki Nana Se Se Sa
> Niki Na Say
> Niki Na Say We're One
> Say Aiya

> Dance and Chant
> Let the Dance Enchant
> Let's Dance and Chant
> Se Laa

> Dance and Chant
> Let the Dance Enchant
> Let's Dance and Chant
> Se Laa

> Dance and Chant
> Let the Dance Enchant
> Let's Dance and Chant

> Dance and Chant
> Let the Dance Enchant
> Let's Dance and Chant

> Say Aiya

> Se Ka Meneya
> Se Ka Meneya
> Sa Sa Sa Sa Sa Sa Como Ya

> Say Aiya

> Se Ka Meneya
> Tununu Se Ka Musica
> Se Ka Meneya
> Tununu Se Ka Musica

> Kunjani Se Ka Meneya

> Niki Nana Se Se Sa
> Niki Na Se Sa Musica
> Niki Nana Se Se Sa
> Niki Na Say We're One

> Niki Nana Se Se Sa
> Niki Na Se Sa Como Ya
> Niki Nana Se Se Sa
> Niki Na Say We're One
> Say Aiya
> Say Aiya

> Sa Sa
> Sa Sa
> Sawbona

> Sa Sa
> Sawbona

> Niki Na Se
> Niki Na Sa

> Niki Nana
> Niki Na Sa

> Niki Nana
> Niki Na Sa

> Niki Nana
> Niki Na Sa

> Niki Nana Se Se Sa
> Niki Nana Se Sa Musica
> Niki Nana Se Se Sa
> Niki Na Say We're One

> Niki Nana Se Se Sa
> Niki Na Se Sa Como Ya
> Niki Nana Se Se Sa
> Niki Na Say We're One
> Say Aiya

> Niki Nana Se Se Sa
> Niki Na Se Sa Musica
> Niki Nana Se Se Sa
> Niki Na Say We're One

> Niki Nana Se Se Sa
> Niki Na Se Sa Como Ya
> Niki Nana Se Se Sa
> Niki Na Say We're One
> Say Aiya

> Niki Nana Se Se Sa
> Niki Na Se Sa Como Ya
> Niki Nana Se Se Sa
> Niki Na Say We're One

> Niki Nana Se Se Sa
> Niki Na Se Sa Como Ya
> Niki Nana Se Se Sa
> Niki Na Say
> Niki Na Say Aiya

> Fred
> Don't backstitch to email - just stitchit!
> http://www.stitchaway.com

> ---
> Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
> Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
> Version: 6.0.476 / Virus Database: 273 - Release Date: 4/24/03