Stitching-Crying-Movies-Stitching-Crying-Movies

Stitching-Crying-Movies-Stitching-Crying-Movies

Post by Sharon Crescen » Sun, 26 Aug 2001 22:41:41



I cannot stitch and watch Steel Magnolias at the same time.  My floss would
run. :)  I think I cry for the last 45 minutes of that movie!

Sharon


Quote:
> Oy.  I was trying to stitch today then I had to turn on the Annette
Benning and
> Warren Beatty movie, Love  Affair.  Oy.  That music kills me every time.
> Stitch, cry, stitch, cry, sob, stitch...thank goodness it had a happy
ending.

> V

> http://www.freetibet.org

 
 
 

Stitching-Crying-Movies-Stitching-Crying-Movies

Post by Kathy Koestn » Mon, 27 Aug 2001 10:49:18


Quote:

>The next
>one I want to buy is Shawshank Redemption

A great movie! It's one of the only two Stephen King movies/books I'll
watch/read. (The other is The Green Mile.)

Kathy K
--
X/USA/S/-/-/-/27B/Monolog in Blue/X,Bw,D,P/E,L/D,S,Od/:-P~
/S/M+/B/b/R-/S/K-/E+/L/G-/Wo/Sam Elliott/David Weber/pizza

 
 
 

Stitching-Crying-Movies-Stitching-Crying-Movies

Post by Myna » Mon, 27 Aug 2001 12:27:38



Quote:
> Yes, when we bought the DVD it came with a free month trial with
www.netflix.com

> My brother in law uses them, but he said his turn around is usually at
least 9
> days, or so.  He is kind of goofy!  Anyway, we are trying to start a nice
> library of our own. We are slowly buying DVD's of films we both love.  The
next
> one I want to buy is Shawshank Redemption.  One of my favorite
movies...and
> soundtracks.

> Victoria

A most excellent movie (Shawshank Redemption).  I also loved Sense and
Sensibility.  The first time I saw it I thought ho hum...but after the
second time, I was hooked.  One of the few movies I actually broke down and
bought myself :-)

One of my all time favorite movies that I watch over and over again every
few months (or years) is Joy Luck Club.  I especially liked the fact that
although it dealt with Asian American women, the themes were pretty much
universal.

Myna

-----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =-----
http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
-----==  Over 80,000 Newsgroups - 16 Different Servers! =-----

 
 
 

Stitching-Crying-Movies-Stitching-Crying-Movies

Post by Kim Brow » Mon, 27 Aug 2001 14:17:08


Quote:

> A most excellent movie (Shawshank Redemption).  I also loved Sense and
> Sensibility.  The first time I saw it I thought ho hum...but after the
> second time, I was hooked.  One of the few movies I actually broke down and
> bought myself :-)

> One of my all time favorite movies that I watch over and over again every
> few months (or years) is Joy Luck Club.  I especially liked the fact that
> although it dealt with Asian American women, the themes were pretty much
> universal.

> Myna

Some time ago, I read a stupendous account of life in China through the
eyes of three generations of women. The book is called 'Wild Swans' by
Jung Chang and I believe it led me through every emotion there is! A
friend dropped the volume on my desk and said 'There! Get your teeth
into *that*!' I thought 'Good grief! What would *I* learn from a saga of
Chinese women?'

ROTLFMAO!!! Oh! The arrogance of ignorance!

This book taught me so much about acknowledging the differences between
our lives even as we can see the obvious similarities. I began to
understand just a glimmer of what these Chinese women lived through and
could even start to imagine some of how they felt. This is a wonderful
work! Interesting, tragic, humourous and even funny at times, it will
change the way you think! Give it a go!

'Wild Swans' by Jung Chang.
--
Trish {|:OI}
Newcastle, NSW, Australia

 
 
 

Stitching-Crying-Movies-Stitching-Crying-Movies

Post by Myna » Mon, 27 Aug 2001 23:18:23



Quote:
> Some time ago, I read a stupendous account of life in China through the
> eyes of three generations of women. The book is called 'Wild Swans' by
> Jung Chang and I believe it led me through every emotion there is! A
> friend dropped the volume on my desk and said 'There! Get your teeth
> into *that*!' I thought 'Good grief! What would *I* learn from a saga of
> Chinese women?'

> ROTLFMAO!!! Oh! The arrogance of ignorance!

> This book taught me so much about acknowledging the differences between
> our lives even as we can see the obvious similarities. I began to
> understand just a glimmer of what these Chinese women lived through and
> could even start to imagine some of how they felt. This is a wonderful
> work! Interesting, tragic, humourous and even funny at times, it will
> change the way you think! Give it a go!

> 'Wild Swans' by Jung Chang.
> --
> Trish {|:OI}
> Newcastle, NSW, Australia

Interesting.  Thanks for the head's up Trish.  I'll be on the lookout for it
at the library.  So...how long did it take you to read that book ;-)  I'm a
fast reader, when I want to be.

Myna

-----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =-----
http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
-----==  Over 80,000 Newsgroups - 16 Different Servers! =-----

 
 
 

Stitching-Crying-Movies-Stitching-Crying-Movies

Post by Seanette Blayloc » Tue, 28 Aug 2001 05:05:00



say about Re: DVD was Stitching-Crying-Movies-Stitching-Crying-Movies:

Quote:

>>The next one I want to buy is Shawshank Redemption
>A great movie! It's one of the only two Stephen King movies/books I'll
>watch/read. (The other is The Green Mile.)

I own both of these on DVD [and have Misery on VHS]. :-)
--
Seanette Blaylock
X/USA/H+(Bob)/-/-/1C(HFM Felix)/1F/"Magic In Motion", Laine Gordon(Dimensions)/
XNCrKT/A/D/-/SF/-/-/b++/R-/S-/K+/-/P/G/W+/Patrick Stewart, James Earl Jones/Stephen King, Scott
Adams, Erma Bombeck, Jeff Foxworthy/CHOCOLATE! :-)
 
 
 

Stitching-Crying-Movies-Stitching-Crying-Movies

Post by Kim Brow » Tue, 28 Aug 2001 06:58:04


Quote:

> Interesting.  Thanks for the head's up Trish.  I'll be on the lookout for it
> at the library.  So...how long did it take you to read that book ;-)  I'm a
> fast reader, when I want to be.

> Myna

LOL! Well, it's a Big, Fat Book, Myna, but I just couldn't put it down
and read it in a weekend. You always know when you've had a good read if
you get a sort of bereft feeling when you put it down ('I don't want it
to end!') I reckon you'll love this!
--
Trish {|:OI}
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
 
 
 

Stitching-Crying-Movies-Stitching-Crying-Movies

Post by Bobbie Viorritt » Tue, 28 Aug 2001 07:04:48


Has anybody else read "The Firebird Trilogy"? The books are by Kathy
Tyers and are as follows in order:

"Firebird"
"Fusion Fire"
"Crown of Fire"

These are SciFi, and I thought of Trish, that she would just love them.
Although not as long or as intense as DG's books, A really great read.

Bobbie V in NH

PS sorry for being so quiet, but I've been under the weather and have
finally been diagnosed as having fibromyalgia.

 
 
 

Stitching-Crying-Movies-Stitching-Crying-Movies

Post by Myna » Tue, 28 Aug 2001 07:07:22



Quote:
> LOL! Well, it's a Big, Fat Book, Myna, but I just couldn't put it down
> and read it in a weekend. You always know when you've had a good read if
> you get a sort of bereft feeling when you put it down ('I don't want it
> to end!') I reckon you'll love this!
> --
> Trish {|:OI}
> Newcastle, NSW, Australia

Isn't it great when a book captivates you for one reason or another?  I
picked up Corrie Ten Boom's book The Hiding Place this past Friday morning,
and finished it Saturday morning at around 2:00am.  It was one of the best
books I have ever read.  I can't tell you how many times I said "I can't
read this anymore," and 20 seconds later think, "I can't stand to not read
it".  What an amazing family, and the closeness she shared with her sister.
I must have cried myself to sleep from sadness, happiness and exhuastion!

Myna

-----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =-----
http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
-----==  Over 80,000 Newsgroups - 16 Different Servers! =-----