having problems- decrease half double crochet

having problems- decrease half double crochet

Post by Robin Simo » Thu, 01 Nov 2001 09:27:12



I am working on a beret pattern- its my first time following a pattern, my
first time doing half double crochet as well. Now I need to decrease and I
dotn understand how to.

I've found ti on the web, on stitchguide, and I dont quite understnad it.

Robin

--
Pursuant to US Code, Title 47, Chapter 5, Subchapter II, '227,
any and all unsolicited commercial E-mail sent to this address
is subject to a download and archival fee in the amount of $500
US.  E-mailing denotes acceptance of these terms.

 
 
 

having problems- decrease half double crochet

Post by Robin Simo » Thu, 01 Nov 2001 10:51:56


I know it is silly to follow up to oneself, but I figured it out.

However my other question is how can a simple beret pattern end up so ***y
HUGE?

I think I will have to give it away.

Robin

: I am working on a beret pattern- its my first time following a pattern, my
: first time doing half double crochet as well. Now I need to decrease and I
: dotn understand how to.

: I've found ti on the web, on stitchguide, and I dont quite understnad it.

: Robin

: --
: Pursuant to US Code, Title 47, Chapter 5, Subchapter II, '227,
: any and all unsolicited commercial E-mail sent to this address
: is subject to a download and archival fee in the amount of $500
: US.  E-mailing denotes acceptance of these terms.

--
Pursuant to US Code, Title 47, Chapter 5, Subchapter II, '227,
any and all unsolicited commercial E-mail sent to this address
is subject to a download and archival fee in the amount of $500
US.  E-mailing denotes acceptance of these terms.

 
 
 

having problems- decrease half double crochet

Post by Katherine Burges » Thu, 01 Nov 2001 10:56:50


Ribin, I don't crochet muc, but I am sure that one of the wonderful people
here will help  you.
Katherine

--
SSSSSSSSSSSS
      SS                      SS
   SS       ---       ---      SSS
  SSS      O        O       SSS
  SSS            ||             SSS
     SSS    \        /            SS
        SS     \ __/            SSS


Quote:

> I know it is silly to follow up to oneself, but I figured it out.

> However my other question is how can a simple beret pattern end up so
***y
> HUGE?

> I think I will have to give it away.

> Robin


> : I am working on a beret pattern- its my first time following a pattern,
my
> : first time doing half double crochet as well. Now I need to decrease and
I
> : dotn understand how to.

> : I've found ti on the web, on stitchguide, and I dont quite understnad
it.

> : Robin

> : --
> : Pursuant to US Code, Title 47, Chapter 5, Subchapter II, '227,
> : any and all unsolicited commercial E-mail sent to this address
> : is subject to a download and archival fee in the amount of $500
> : US.  E-mailing denotes acceptance of these terms.

> --
> Pursuant to US Code, Title 47, Chapter 5, Subchapter II, '227,
> any and all unsolicited commercial E-mail sent to this address
> is subject to a download and archival fee in the amount of $500
> US.  E-mailing denotes acceptance of these terms.

 
 
 

having problems- decrease half double crochet

Post by Katherine Burges » Thu, 01 Nov 2001 13:17:13


Sorry about the mis-spellings, Robin, especially of your name. I am still
blaming it on the dog!
Katherine


Quote:
> Ribin, I don't crochet muc, but I am sure that one of the wonderful people
> here will help  you.
> Katherine

> --
> SSSSSSSSSSSS
>       SS                      SS
>    SS       ---       ---      SSS
>   SSS      O        O       SSS
>   SSS            ||             SSS
>      SSS    \        /            SS
>         SS     \ __/            SSS



> > I know it is silly to follow up to oneself, but I figured it out.

> > However my other question is how can a simple beret pattern end up so
> ***y
> > HUGE?

> > I think I will have to give it away.

> > Robin


> > : I am working on a beret pattern- its my first time following a
pattern,
> my
> > : first time doing half double crochet as well. Now I need to decrease
and
> I
> > : dotn understand how to.

> > : I've found ti on the web, on stitchguide, and I dont quite understnad
> it.

> > : Robin

> > : --
> > : Pursuant to US Code, Title 47, Chapter 5, Subchapter II, '227,
> > : any and all unsolicited commercial E-mail sent to this address
> > : is subject to a download and archival fee in the amount of $500
> > : US.  E-mailing denotes acceptance of these terms.

> > --
> > Pursuant to US Code, Title 47, Chapter 5, Subchapter II, '227,
> > any and all unsolicited commercial E-mail sent to this address
> > is subject to a download and archival fee in the amount of $500
> > US.  E-mailing denotes acceptance of these terms.

 
 
 

having problems- decrease half double crochet

Post by Gemin » Thu, 01 Nov 2001 14:17:30




Quote:
> Sorry about the mis-spellings, Robin, especially of your name. I am still
> blaming it on the dog!
> Katherine

Techno Gnomes been changing your keys around again, Katherine?  ;o)

Peace!  Gemini in Ontario, Canada
(Make necessary changes in my email to reply)

 
 
 

having problems- decrease half double crochet

Post by incognitto » Thu, 01 Nov 2001 14:33:15


huge ? It may seem big , but remember it has to puff off the head some when
done.

--
??gg
" Other people know you are special--- do you?"

If you think you can , You will !

Quote:

> I know it is silly to follow up to oneself, but I figured it out.

> However my other question is how can a simple beret pattern end up so
***y
> HUGE?

> I think I will have to give it away.

> Robin


> : I am working on a beret pattern- its my first time following a pattern,
my
> : first time doing half double crochet as well. Now I need to decrease and
I
> : dotn understand how to.

> : I've found ti on the web, on stitchguide, and I dont quite understnad
it.

> : Robin

> : --
> : Pursuant to US Code, Title 47, Chapter 5, Subchapter II, '227,
> : any and all unsolicited commercial E-mail sent to this address
> : is subject to a download and archival fee in the amount of $500
> : US.  E-mailing denotes acceptance of these terms.

> --
> Pursuant to US Code, Title 47, Chapter 5, Subchapter II, '227,
> any and all unsolicited commercial E-mail sent to this address
> is subject to a download and archival fee in the amount of $500
> US.  E-mailing denotes acceptance of these terms.

 
 
 

having problems- decrease half double crochet

Post by Katherine Burges » Thu, 01 Nov 2001 19:38:24



Quote:


> > Sorry about the mis-spellings, Robin, especially of your name. I am
still
> > blaming it on the dog!
> > Katherine

> Techno Gnomes been changing your keys around again, Katherine?  ;o)

Someone has!!! <g>
Katherine
 
 
 

having problems- decrease half double crochet

Post by Noreen>yahoo!>offic » Thu, 01 Nov 2001 20:25:58


Katherine,
LOL, rrlol!
...and is this the same 'thing' that's responsible for changing my name????
...sorry, could not resist!
Noreen
who is now a happy camper, as her yarn finally arrived!!!!
Yay, hurrah and all that bother and drivel, LOL!

---
Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
Version: 6.0.292 / Virus Database: 157 - Release Date: 10/26/01

 
 
 

having problems- decrease half double crochet

Post by Helen Fleische » Thu, 01 Nov 2001 23:31:00


Is it wool? I've made berets before, but always by knitting. One was knit
by hand, then several by machine. They're knit radially in short rows.
They're knit really big, then fulled until you can't make out the stitches
unless you've used variegated yarn. I used my washer and drier then steam
blocked them to fit. Anyway, shrinking to fit is an option if you're bold
and the thing is wool. Fulled wool is warmer, too.


Quote:

>I know it is silly to follow up to oneself, but I figured it out.

>However my other question is how can a simple beret pattern end up so ***y
>HUGE?

>I think I will have to give it away.

>Robin


 Helen "Halla" Fleischer,
 Fantasy & Fiber Artist in Fairland, MD USA
 
 
 

having problems- decrease half double crochet

Post by Katherine Burges » Fri, 02 Nov 2001 06:53:46



Quote:
> Katherine,
> LOL, rrlol!
> ...and is this the same 'thing' that's responsible for changing my

name????

Well, of course!!! LOL
Enjoy your yarn!
Katherine

--
SSSSSSSSSSSS
      SS                      SS
   SS       ---       ---      SSS
  SSS      O        O       SSS
  SSS            ||             SSS
     SSS    \        /            SS
        SS     \ __/            SSS