I Have A 1902 Liberty Head Nickel.

I Have A 1902 Liberty Head Nickel.

Post by weheardthenew » Tue, 29 Dec 2009 08:03:33



Where's my million dollars?

(Will settle for $100,000.)

 
 
 

I Have A 1902 Liberty Head Nickel.

Post by Mr. Jagger » Tue, 29 Dec 2009 14:36:21


Quote:

> Where's my million dollars?

> (Will settle for $100,000.)

It's in a bank in the middle of Beverly Hills, in somebody else's name.

James

 
 
 

I Have A 1902 Liberty Head Nickel.

Post by Coinenthusias » Thu, 31 Dec 2009 14:54:18


My, My James - you are really digging into the past.

Was that the only real hit by the Gatlin Brothers.

Best regards

Dan

On Dec 27, 10:36?pm, "Mr. Jaggers" <lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com>

Quote:

> > Where's my million dollars?

> > (Will settle for $100,000.)

> It's in a bank in the middle of Beverly Hills, in somebody else's name.

> James

 
 
 

I Have A 1902 Liberty Head Nickel.

Post by Mr. Jagger » Thu, 31 Dec 2009 17:44:11


Quote:

> My, My James - you are really digging into the past.

> Was that the only real hit by the Gatlin Brothers.

Well, no, but you caught me unable to come up with another title, so I
cheated and looked them up.  Other than "Broken Lady", which I do remember,
the rest of the songs listed on a "16 greatest hits" compilation rang no
bells whatsoever.  And I'm getting to the point where I have an awful lot of
"past" to dig into!  8>)

James the Elder

 
 
 

I Have A 1902 Liberty Head Nickel.

Post by weheardthenew » Fri, 01 Jan 2010 07:53:14



Quote:
> My, My James - you are really digging into the past.

> Was that the only real hit by the Gatlin Brothers.

> Best regards

> Dan

Wasn't aware that the Gatlin Brothers had any hits.
Quote:

> On Dec 27, 10:36 pm, "Mr. Jaggers" <lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com>


> > > Where's my million dollars?

> > > (Will settle for $100,000.)

> > It's in a bank in the middle of Beverly Hills, in somebody else's name.

> > James- Hide quoted text -

> - Show quoted text -

 
 
 

I Have A 1902 Liberty Head Nickel.

Post by Mr. Jagger » Fri, 01 Jan 2010 08:39:57


Quote:


>> My, My James - you are really digging into the past.

>> Was that the only real hit by the Gatlin Brothers.

>> Best regards

>> Dan

> Wasn't aware that the Gatlin Brothers had any hits.

And yet you call yourself "weheardthenews"?

James

 
 
 

I Have A 1902 Liberty Head Nickel.

Post by Jerry Denni » Fri, 01 Jan 2010 11:18:01



Quote:


> >> My, My James - you are really digging into the past.

> >> Was that the only real hit by the Gatlin Brothers.

> >> Best regards

> >> Dan

> > Wasn't aware that the Gatlin Brothers had any hits.

> And yet you call yourself "weheardthenews"?

> James

Today?  Oh, boy.

Jerry (Yes, I know the songs.)

 
 
 

I Have A 1902 Liberty Head Nickel.

Post by Jud » Fri, 01 Jan 2010 23:00:20



Quote:

> Today? ?Oh, boy.

> Jerry (Yes, I know the songs.)

Now we know how many holes it takes to fill Albert Hall.

Jud  A Hole    8-)
HNY

 
 
 

I Have A 1902 Liberty Head Nickel.

Post by weheardthenew » Sat, 02 Jan 2010 06:29:01



Quote:


> >> My, My James - you are really digging into the past.

> >> Was that the only real hit by the Gatlin Brothers.

> >> Best regards

> >> Dan

> > Wasn't aware that the Gatlin Brothers had any hits.

> And yet you call yourself "weheardthenews"?

> James

Alright, how 'bout 'Elvira' as one of their hits?
 
 
 

I Have A 1902 Liberty Head Nickel.

Post by Mr. Jagger » Sat, 02 Jan 2010 09:20:02


Quote:




>>>> My, My James - you are really digging into the past.

>>>> Was that the only real hit by the Gatlin Brothers.

>>>> Best regards

>>>> Dan

>>> Wasn't aware that the Gatlin Brothers had any hits.

>> And yet you call yourself "weheardthenews"?

>> James

> Alright, how 'bout 'Elvira' as one of their hits?

Nope, it would be these guys:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdFghZmdwXk

James the Hillbilly
'oom-boppa-oom-boppa-oom-boppa-mow-mow'

 
 
 

I Have A 1902 Liberty Head Nickel.

Post by some.. » Sat, 02 Jan 2010 10:30:33


Quote:





>>>>> My, My James - you are really digging into the past.

>>>>> Was that the only real hit by the Gatlin Brothers.

>>>>> Best regards

>>>>> Dan

>>>> Wasn't aware that the Gatlin Brothers had any hits.

>>> And yet you call yourself "weheardthenews"?

>>> James

>> Alright, how 'bout 'Elvira' as one of their hits?

>Nope, it would be these guys:

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdFghZmdwXk

>James the Hillbilly
>'oom-boppa-oom-boppa-oom-boppa-mow-mow'

aaahhh!!!! make it stop! make it stop!
 
 
 

I Have A 1902 Liberty Head Nickel.

Post by Jerry Denni » Tue, 05 Jan 2010 22:54:18


On Dec 31 2009, 7:20 pm, "Mr. Jaggers" <lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com>

Quote:




> >>>> My, My James - you are really digging into the past.

> >>>> Was that the only real hit by the Gatlin Brothers.

> >>>> Best regards

> >>>> Dan

> >>> Wasn't aware that the Gatlin Brothers had any hits.

> >> And yet you call yourself "weheardthenews"?

> >> James

> > Alright, how 'bout 'Elvira' as one of their hits?

> Nope, it would be these guys:

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdFghZmdwXk

> James the Hillbilly
> 'oom-boppa-oom-boppa-oom-boppa-mow-mow'- Hide quoted text -

> - Show quoted text -

HI - OH - SILVER, AWAY!  --  Clayton Moore or the Oakridge Boys.  Take
your pick.

Jerry

 
 
 

I Have A 1902 Liberty Head Nickel.

Post by Mr. Jagger » Tue, 05 Jan 2010 23:11:28


Quote:

> On Dec 31 2009, 7:20?pm, "Mr. Jaggers" <lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com>


>>> On Dec 30, 3:39?pm, "Mr. Jaggers" <lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com>




>>>>>> My, My James - you are really digging into the past.

>>>>>> Was that the only real hit by the Gatlin Brothers.

>>>>>> Best regards

>>>>>> Dan

>>>>> Wasn't aware that the Gatlin Brothers had any hits.

>>>> And yet you call yourself "weheardthenews"?

>>>> James

>>> Alright, how 'bout 'Elvira' as one of their hits?

>> Nope, it would be these guys:

>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdFghZmdwXk

>> James the Hillbilly
>> 'oom-boppa-oom-boppa-oom-boppa-mow-mow'- Hide quoted text -

>> - Show quoted text -

> HI - OH - SILVER, AWAY!  --  Clayton Moore or the Oakridge Boys.  Take
> your pick.

Friends, this lucky young man has just won his choice of stuffed animal from
the next-to-the-top shelf for his lovely lady!

James the Thimblerig
'actually, it's AY-WAY'

 
 
 

I Have A 1902 Liberty Head Nickel.

Post by Bruce Remic » Tue, 05 Jan 2010 23:23:32



Quote:

>> On Dec 31 2009, 7:20?pm, "Mr. Jaggers" <lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com>


>>>> On Dec 30, 3:39?pm, "Mr. Jaggers" <lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com>




>>>>>>> My, My James - you are really digging into the past.

>>>>>>> Was that the only real hit by the Gatlin Brothers.

>>>>>>> Best regards

>>>>>>> Dan

>>>>>> Wasn't aware that the Gatlin Brothers had any hits.

>>>>> And yet you call yourself "weheardthenews"?

>>>>> James

>>>> Alright, how 'bout 'Elvira' as one of their hits?

>>> Nope, it would be these guys:

>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdFghZmdwXk

>>> James the Hillbilly
>>> 'oom-boppa-oom-boppa-oom-boppa-mow-mow'- Hide quoted text -

>>> - Show quoted text -

>> HI - OH - SILVER, AWAY!  --  Clayton Moore or the Oakridge Boys.  Take
>> your pick.

> Friends, this lucky young man has just won his choice of stuffed animal
> from the next-to-the-top shelf for his lovely lady!

> James the Thimblerig
> 'actually, it's AY-WAY'

Maaah baybe loves the wes-tuhn mooveees.   Bam.  Bam.  Shoot 'em up.  Pow.

Sorry.  Off my meds today.

 
 
 

I Have A 1902 Liberty Head Nickel.

Post by mazor » Wed, 06 Jan 2010 04:24:55



Quote:

>> On Dec 31 2009, 7:20?pm, "Mr. Jaggers" <lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com>


>>>> On Dec 30, 3:39?pm, "Mr. Jaggers" <lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com>




>>>>>>> My, My James - you are really digging into the past.

>>>>>>> Was that the only real hit by the Gatlin Brothers.

>>>>>>> Best regards

>>>>>>> Dan

>>>>>> Wasn't aware that the Gatlin Brothers had any hits.

>>>>> And yet you call yourself "weheardthenews"?

>>>>> James

>>>> Alright, how 'bout 'Elvira' as one of their hits?

>>> Nope, it would be these guys:

>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdFghZmdwXk

>>> James the Hillbilly
>>> 'oom-boppa-oom-boppa-oom-boppa-mow-mow'- Hide quoted text -

>>> - Show quoted text -

>> HI - OH - SILVER, AWAY!  --  Clayton Moore or the Oakridge Boys.  Take
>> your pick.

> Friends, this lucky young man has just won his choice of stuffed animal
> from the next-to-the-top shelf for his lovely lady!

> James the Thimblerig
> 'actually, it's AY-WAY'

And technically it's "Hi-yo".

I wonder what was the melt value of his silver bullets.  "Hey, doc, if
you'll remove this silver bullet that the damned masked man plugged me with,
you can keep it as payment."

Let's not forget Brace Beemer, who iconically played the masked man on most
of the 2,956 radio episodes after he stepped into the role in 1941.  When I
first heard some of those episodes, I assumed that it was Clayton Moore
because on TV he had so perfectly captured the Lone Ranger voice that was
popularized by Beemer on the radio series.

- mazorj, Old Time Radio Enthusiast