7 More banknotes on Scottish Banknotes site.

7 More banknotes on Scottish Banknotes site.

Post by Dave Parri » Thu, 21 Mar 2002 10:43:32



I have added 7 more banknote images to my Scottish banknotes site,
after adding 24 over the weekend.  Have a looky here:

http://www.angelfire.com/ns/scottishmoney/index.html

Dave Parrish

 
 
 

7 More banknotes on Scottish Banknotes site.

Post by » Thu, 21 Mar 2002 15:04:20


The Yankkee flag on your supposedly Scottish site comes before the Scottish
flag.

Typical Yankee supporter. Do you know the USofA is bombing yet another
country after a long line of innocent countries ?
Viet nam - Cambodia - Iran - Iraq - Lybia - Somalia . and you put their flag
on your site !!!!!!


Quote:
> I have added 7 more banknote images to my Scottish banknotes site,
> after adding 24 over the weekend.  Have a looky here:

> http://www.angelfire.com/ns/scottishmoney/index.html

> Dave Parrish


 
 
 

7 More banknotes on Scottish Banknotes site.

Post by Ian » Thu, 21 Mar 2002 16:49:47


How terribly terribly sad Dundee must be as a place these days that you have
to spout your ill informed and contrarian political opinions on to a coin
news group. It has nothing to do with coins and is therefore in breach of
usenet rules.

To a fellow Scot, it looks to me like you've  been selling `Socialist
Worker' at the bottom of the Wellgate for far too long now chum! I think you
must actually be beginning to believe it's contents!

Move along and get a real life! I think coins might be good for you. At
least it can get you more in touch with reality if you have something from
each of the countries mentioned to relate to.

(irrelevant NG's snipped from title)

IM


Quote:
> The Yankkee flag on your supposedly Scottish site comes before the
Scottish
> flag.

> Typical Yankee supporter. Do you know the USofA is bombing yet another
> country after a long line of innocent countries ?
> Viet nam - Cambodia - Iran - Iraq - Lybia - Somalia . and you put their
flag
> on your site !!!!!!
> --



> > I have added 7 more banknote images to my Scottish banknotes site,
> > after adding 24 over the weekend.  Have a looky here:

> > http://www.angelfire.com/ns/scottishmoney/index.html

> > Dave Parrish

 
 
 

7 More banknotes on Scottish Banknotes site.

Post by ZsaZs » Sat, 23 Mar 2002 08:24:30



thanks for building and maintaining your site, and keeping us apprised of
updates

Quote:
> The Yankkee flag on your supposedly Scottish site comes before the
Scottish
> flag.

> Typical Yankee supporter. Do you know the USofA is bombing yet another
> country after a long line of innocent countries ?
> Viet nam - Cambodia - Iran - Iraq - Lybia - Somalia . and you put their
flag
> on your site !!!!!!
> --



> > I have added 7 more banknote images to my Scottish banknotes site,
> > after adding 24 over the weekend.  Have a looky here:

> > http://www.angelfire.com/ns/scottishmoney/index.html

> > Dave Parrish

 
 
 

7 More banknotes on Scottish Banknotes site.

Post by Bob Teeva » Sun, 24 Mar 2002 04:15:42


And so say all of us!

Quote:

> thanks for building and maintaining your site, and keeping us apprised of
> updates


> > The Yankkee flag on your supposedly Scottish site comes before the
> Scottish
> > flag.

> > Typical Yankee supporter. Do you know the USofA is bombing yet another
> > country after a long line of innocent countries ?
> > Viet nam - Cambodia - Iran - Iraq - Lybia - Somalia . and you put their
> flag
> > on your site !!!!!!
> > --



> > > I have added 7 more banknote images to my Scottish banknotes site,
> > > after adding 24 over the weekend.  Have a looky here:

> > > http://www.angelfire.com/ns/scottishmoney/index.html

> > > Dave Parrish

 
 
 

7 More banknotes on Scottish Banknotes site.

Post by Fred A. Murph » Sat, 13 Apr 2002 10:26:52



Quote:
> The Yankkee flag on your supposedly Scottish site comes before the
> Scottish flag.

If the person who made the site is from the US, the flag code specifes that
the US flag comes first.  It's also flown at the same height or higher than
any other flag on the staff or in a group.

This may not be pleasing to a Scot, but it's the rules over here.

--

Outgoing mail is certified bollocks

 
 
 

7 More banknotes on Scottish Banknotes site.

Post by Fred A. Murph » Sun, 14 Apr 2002 00:16:09



Quote:
> >If the person who made the site is from the US, the flag code specifes
> >that the US flag comes first.  It's also flown at the same height or
> >higher
> >than any other flag on the staff or in a group.

> >This may not be pleasing to a Scot, but it's the rules over here.

> But his site is on the world wide web not "over here".   Or do you
> think that the web is American?

Please read what I wrote.  If the creator of the page is from the US, he
created it according to the standards of his country.

We have enough trouble in the US with a concept called Political
Currectness.  PC says that you have to measure every word you say for
possible meaning, so no one is offended.

The result is that more time is spent trying to figure out how to say
something than was spent coming up with the idea, and everything reads like
it was written by a lawyer getting paid by the word.  It still doesn't work,
because when you finally figure out what members of a given social group
prefer to be called, they change that term to be derogatory, a invent a new
term.

Expanding PC to a global level would mean that everyone who writes a webpage
would have to check it against the customs and sensibilities of every
country in the world.  The result would be that most pages would never get
written.  Far better to write, then correct if serious problems are
discovered.

In this case, the real problem is that if the page is about Scottish notes,
there is no need for a US flag, even if the page was put together by an
American. The solution is to suggest to the webmaster that it might be more
appropriate to feature only the flag of Scotland.

Making a big issue that will eventually degrade into name calling and
defending of each poster's country serves no purpose, however.

Fred
"Damn Yankee"

--

Outgoing mail is certified bollocks

 
 
 

7 More banknotes on Scottish Banknotes site.

Post by » Sun, 14 Apr 2002 01:41:11


Quote:
> Making a big issue that will eventually degrade into name calling and
> defending of each poster's country serves no purpose, however.

I think we should consider the US site a terrorist site and bomb it.
Afterall you Yanks bomb anything - poor countries - Islamic countries -
at the drop of a hat.




Quote:


> > >If the person who made the site is from the US, the flag code specifes
> > >that the US flag comes first.  It's also flown at the same height or
> > >higher
> > >than any other flag on the staff or in a group.

> > >This may not be pleasing to a Scot, but it's the rules over here.

> > But his site is on the world wide web not "over here".   Or do you
> > think that the web is American?

> Please read what I wrote.  If the creator of the page is from the US, he
> created it according to the standards of his country.

> We have enough trouble in the US with a concept called Political
> Currectness.  PC says that you have to measure every word you say for
> possible meaning, so no one is offended.

> The result is that more time is spent trying to figure out how to say
> something than was spent coming up with the idea, and everything reads
like
> it was written by a lawyer getting paid by the word.  It still doesn't
work,
> because when you finally figure out what members of a given social group
> prefer to be called, they change that term to be derogatory, a invent a
new
> term.

> Expanding PC to a global level would mean that everyone who writes a
webpage
> would have to check it against the customs and sensibilities of every
> country in the world.  The result would be that most pages would never get
> written.  Far better to write, then correct if serious problems are
> discovered.

> In this case, the real problem is that if the page is about Scottish
notes,
> there is no need for a US flag, even if the page was put together by an
> American. The solution is to suggest to the webmaster that it might be
more
> appropriate to feature only the flag of Scotland.

> Making a big issue that will eventually degrade into name calling and
> defending of each poster's country serves no purpose, however.

> Fred
> "Damn Yankee"

> --

> Outgoing mail is certified bollocks

 
 
 

7 More banknotes on Scottish Banknotes site.

Post by Ian Miln » Sun, 14 Apr 2002 03:01:02


Shame on you.

The www may not be American....but the website in question has been bought,
paid, and developed by one. ....and he can put on HIS website whatever the hell
he want's to.

At least Dave has been providing the world with his enthusiasm for Scotland and
Scottish Banknotes.

Until you or anyone else comes up with a better site I think you need to get
used to the fact that Dave's site is a far far better advert for Scotland than
your attitude or that of your snottery nosed wee pal from the `Socialst Worker'
pitch at the foot of The Wellgate in Dundee.

 
 
 

7 More banknotes on Scottish Banknotes site.

Post by Fred A. Murph » Sun, 14 Apr 2002 04:39:47



Quote:
> > Making a big issue that will eventually degrade into name calling and
> > defending of each poster's country serves no purpose, however.

> I think we should consider the US site a terrorist site and bomb it.
> Afterall you Yanks bomb anything - poor countries - Islamic countries -
> at the drop of a hat.

Trolls....

              ]\          /[
              | \        / |
              \  \     /  /
               \   \  /  /
                \   v   /
                /       \
              /          \
             /            \
            /              \
            |    TROLL      |
            |               |
            |     +B+       |
            |               |
            |     GON       |
            |               |
            |               |
             \             /
              \           /
                \       /
                  \   /
                    *

                                  ___________________
                         /|  /|  |                   |
                         ||__||  |                   |
                        /   O O\__         OOPS!     |
                       /          \                  |
                      /      \     \                 |
                     /   _    \     \ _______________|
                    /    |\____\     \     ||
                   /     | | | |\____/     ||
                  /       \|_|_|/   |    __||
                 /  /  \            |____| ||
                /   |   | /|        |      --|
                |   |   |//         |____  --|
         * _    |  |_|_|_|          |     \-/
      *-- _--\ _ \     //           |
        /  _     \\ _ //   |        /
      *  /   \_ /- | -     |       |
        *      ___ c_c_c_C/ \C_c_c_c____________

    (Keith Lawrence, 1999)

 
 
 

7 More banknotes on Scottish Banknotes site.

Post by Dave Parri » Sun, 14 Apr 2002 06:03:53



Quote:
> We have enough trouble in the US with a concept called Political
> Currectness.  PC says that you have to measure every word you say for
> possible meaning, so no one is offended.

I am sick of PC BS.  Everybody is offended by something now.  

Quote:

> The result is that more time is spent trying to figure out how to say
> something than was spent coming up with the idea, and everything reads like
> it was written by a lawyer getting paid by the word.  It still doesn't work,
> because when you finally figure out what members of a given social group
> prefer to be called, they change that term to be derogatory, a invent a new
> term.

Which makes you wonder why bother.  Maybe it is better to keep your
collection and your knowledge of a coin collecting subject to
yourself.

Quote:

> Expanding PC to a global level would mean that everyone who writes a webpage
> would have to check it against the customs and sensibilities of every
> country in the world.  The result would be that most pages would never get
> written.  Far better to write, then correct if serious problems are
> discovered.

I don't see any serious problems, he is the first person to have made
a comment about it.
Quote:

> In this case, the real problem is that if the page is about Scottish notes,
> there is no need for a US flag, even if the page was put together by an
> American. The solution is to suggest to the webmaster that it might be more
> appropriate to feature only the flag of Scotland.

Well last time I checked my passport it was American.  The flag went
on the site after Sept 11.

Quote:
> Making a big issue that will eventually degrade into name calling and
> defending of each poster's country serves no purpose, however.

> Fred
> "Damn Yankee"

Amen.  Wow Fred, two times I have agreed with you in the past two
weeks.  Kind of scary:)
 
 
 

7 More banknotes on Scottish Banknotes site.

Post by » Sun, 14 Apr 2002 10:27:52


Let us ALL support AmeriKa in its war against Islam and these poor countires



Quote:

> > We have enough trouble in the US with a concept called Political
> > Currectness.  PC says that you have to measure every word you say for
> > possible meaning, so no one is offended.

> I am sick of PC BS.  Everybody is offended by something now.

> > The result is that more time is spent trying to figure out how to say
> > something than was spent coming up with the idea, and everything reads
like
> > it was written by a lawyer getting paid by the word.  It still doesn't
work,
> > because when you finally figure out what members of a given social group
> > prefer to be called, they change that term to be derogatory, a invent a
new
> > term.

> Which makes you wonder why bother.  Maybe it is better to keep your
> collection and your knowledge of a coin collecting subject to
> yourself.

> > Expanding PC to a global level would mean that everyone who writes a
webpage
> > would have to check it against the customs and sensibilities of every
> > country in the world.  The result would be that most pages would never
get
> > written.  Far better to write, then correct if serious problems are
> > discovered.

> I don't see any serious problems, he is the first person to have made
> a comment about it.

> > In this case, the real problem is that if the page is about Scottish
notes,
> > there is no need for a US flag, even if the page was put together by an
> > American. The solution is to suggest to the webmaster that it might be
more
> > appropriate to feature only the flag of Scotland.

> Well last time I checked my passport it was American.  The flag went
> on the site after Sept 11.

> > Making a big issue that will eventually degrade into name calling and
> > defending of each poster's country serves no purpose, however.

> > Fred
> > "Damn Yankee"

> Amen.  Wow Fred, two times I have agreed with you in the past two
> weeks.  Kind of scary:)

 
 
 

7 More banknotes on Scottish Banknotes site.

Post by Blain » Sun, 14 Apr 2002 21:27:58


your right
we should support muslim extremist terrorists in their screwed up religous
war That way it is ok to maim womem and children.
Maybe even a bus of students,hmmm
what was I thinking


Quote:
> Let us ALL support AmeriKa in its war against Islam and these poor
countires

> --




> > > We have enough trouble in the US with a concept called Political
> > > Currectness.  PC says that you have to measure every word you say for
> > > possible meaning, so no one is offended.

> > I am sick of PC BS.  Everybody is offended by something now.

> > > The result is that more time is spent trying to figure out how to say
> > > something than was spent coming up with the idea, and everything reads
> like
> > > it was written by a lawyer getting paid by the word.  It still doesn't
> work,
> > > because when you finally figure out what members of a given social
group
> > > prefer to be called, they change that term to be derogatory, a invent
a
> new
> > > term.

> > Which makes you wonder why bother.  Maybe it is better to keep your
> > collection and your knowledge of a coin collecting subject to
> > yourself.

> > > Expanding PC to a global level would mean that everyone who writes a
> webpage
> > > would have to check it against the customs and sensibilities of every
> > > country in the world.  The result would be that most pages would never
> get
> > > written.  Far better to write, then correct if serious problems are
> > > discovered.

> > I don't see any serious problems, he is the first person to have made
> > a comment about it.

> > > In this case, the real problem is that if the page is about Scottish
> notes,
> > > there is no need for a US flag, even if the page was put together by
an
> > > American. The solution is to suggest to the webmaster that it might be
> more
> > > appropriate to feature only the flag of Scotland.

> > Well last time I checked my passport it was American.  The flag went
> > on the site after Sept 11.

> > > Making a big issue that will eventually degrade into name calling and
> > > defending of each poster's country serves no purpose, however.

> > > Fred
> > > "Damn Yankee"

> > Amen.  Wow Fred, two times I have agreed with you in the past two
> > weeks.  Kind of scary:)