FA: Unc Walkers, AU Barber qtr, AU V nickel, unc Buff

FA: Unc Walkers, AU Barber qtr, AU V nickel, unc Buff

Post by Eric Tiller » Wed, 05 Feb 2003 18:30:04



Quote:

>Still with me?  I just received pos fb on a 1936 walker.  Can someone tell
>if the guy is ok with the coin, or not.  I described the coin as EF/AU and
>money was paid closer to AU ( retail has a $5 EF to a $20 AU ).   I thought
>the obverse was AU, but not certain on account of the *** feathers on the
>reverse.   Looking for comments, thoughts, ideas on this.   Bill

He posted a positive, so I would assume he is OK with it. Sounds like he may
think it is closer to EF than AU. But if it is an EF, it was a nice one and I think
he paid a fair price for it. I would post a positive for him and forget about it.

By the way, I haven't heard back from you. Did you get the form I sent?
 --
A Close look at Accugrade:

http://www.FoundCollection.com/

My Morgan Collection

http://www.FoundCollection.com/

How to tell the difference between Old and New PCI Holders

http://www.FoundCollection.com/

 
 
 

FA: Unc Walkers, AU Barber qtr, AU V nickel, unc Buff

Post by BobbySh » Wed, 05 Feb 2003 16:07:35


Quote:
>Growing up, I had a healthy fear of my dad.  I back talked him once in my
>life, I was 17 and the sass was uncalled for, to an extreme,  and figured I
>was going to take a smack to the mouth.  He looked at me briefly, never said
>another word, turned and walked away.  That was 37 years ago and the event
>has scrolled off of my life's front page.  But, that page is still there,
>and I still wish he had popped me one instead of doing what he did.

Getting WAY off topic from your original question, but your story reminded me
of the last time I got popped by my father.  I believe I was about 15.  My
mother was fussing at me about something... Just going on and on, I finally got
fed up and told her to "shut up".  Didn't realize my dad had come up behind me.
 He reached around and smacked me in the face from behind (COMPLETELY
unexpected).  That was the first and LAST time I told my mom to shut up (still
thought it many, many times!)

Robert Shaw
--
Does olive oil really help with corroded coins? Check out my experiment at:
http://www.mindspring.com/~robe294/oliveoilexperiment.html

 
 
 

FA: Unc Walkers, AU Barber qtr, AU V nickel, unc Buff

Post by Bill Krumme » Thu, 06 Feb 2003 01:19:42



Quote:


> >Still with me?  I just received pos fb on a 1936 walker.  Can someone
tell
> >if the guy is ok with the coin, or not.  I described the coin as EF/AU
and
> >money was paid closer to AU ( retail has a $5 EF to a $20 AU ).   I
thought
> >the obverse was AU, but not certain on account of the *** feathers on
the
> >reverse.   Looking for comments, thoughts, ideas on this.   Bill

> He posted a positive, so I would assume he is OK with it. Sounds like he
may
> think it is closer to EF than AU. But if it is an EF, it was a nice one
and I think
> he paid a fair price for it. I would post a positive for him and forget
about it.

> By the way, I haven't heard back from you. Did you get the form I sent?

Yes, but I didn't know it until your question.  I was under the impression
it was still to be sent and when I looked again, there it was.  I have my
options set to not open attchments, so I had to look twice to realize it was
there and briefly change my options to print it out.  So I think I am all
set.   Bill
 
 
 

FA: Unc Walkers, AU Barber qtr, AU V nickel, unc Buff

Post by Clif » Thu, 06 Feb 2003 03:06:10


Quote:





>> >Still with me?  I just received pos fb on a 1936 walker.  Can someone
>tell
>> >if the guy is ok with the coin, or not.  I described the coin as EF/AU
>and
>> >money was paid closer to AU ( retail has a $5 EF to a $20 AU ).   I
>thought
>> >the obverse was AU, but not certain on account of the *** feathers on
>the
>> >reverse.   Looking for comments, thoughts, ideas on this.   Bill

>> He posted a positive, so I would assume he is OK with it. Sounds like he
>may
>> think it is closer to EF than AU. But if it is an EF, it was a nice one
>and I think
>> he paid a fair price for it. I would post a positive for him and forget
>about it.

>> By the way, I haven't heard back from you. Did you get the form I sent?

>Yes, but I didn't know it until your question.  I was under the impression
>it was still to be sent and when I looked again, there it was.  I have my
>options set to not open attchments, so I had to look twice to realize it was
>there and briefly change my options to print it out.  So I think I am all
>set.   Bill

Bill,
I went in and looked at all the feedback this user has posted and he
likes to make those smart-***kind of feedbacks since I saw 4 or 5 of
them.  I would take it as a positive (not as nice of a positive as I
would have left had I won the coin :)  and I'd seriously consider
blocking him from future auctions.  We all have enough aggravation in
our life to have to invite additional game playing bidders.
Cliff
 
 
 

FA: Unc Walkers, AU Barber qtr, AU V nickel, unc Buff

Post by Bill Krumme » Thu, 06 Feb 2003 03:55:43



Quote:





> >> >Still with me?  I just received pos fb on a 1936 walker.  Can someone
> >tell
> >> >if the guy is ok with the coin, or not.  I described the coin as EF/AU
> >and
> >> >money was paid closer to AU ( retail has a $5 EF to a $20 AU ).   I
> >thought
> >> >the obverse was AU, but not certain on account of the *** feathers
on
> >the
> >> >reverse.   Looking for comments, thoughts, ideas on this.   Bill

> >> He posted a positive, so I would assume he is OK with it. Sounds like
he
> >may
> >> think it is closer to EF than AU. But if it is an EF, it was a nice one
> >and I think
> >> he paid a fair price for it. I would post a positive for him and forget
> >about it.

> >> By the way, I haven't heard back from you. Did you get the form I sent?

> >Yes, but I didn't know it until your question.  I was under the
impression
> >it was still to be sent and when I looked again, there it was.  I have my
> >options set to not open attchments, so I had to look twice to realize it
was
> >there and briefly change my options to print it out.  So I think I am all
> >set.   Bill

> Bill,
> I went in and looked at all the feedback this user has posted and he
> likes to make those smart-***kind of feedbacks since I saw 4 or 5 of
> them.  I would take it as a positive (not as nice of a positive as I
> would have left had I won the coin :)  and I'd seriously consider
> blocking him from future auctions.  We all have enough aggravation in
> our life to have to invite additional game playing bidders.
> Cliff

Cool Cliff, I had done that once before when I didn't understand the nature
of a pos fb and found out the buyer left the same type of fb for everyone.
I think the pos fb was something along the lines of "got my coin".  I forgot
to try that this time.  But, I feel better now.  Block him?  Nah, but if he
buys another of my coins, I may try for a cutesy pos when I leave fb.
Haven't a clue what, but maybe I can think of something.  Bill
 
 
 

FA: Unc Walkers, AU Barber qtr, AU V nickel, unc Buff

Post by Eric Tiller » Thu, 06 Feb 2003 10:48:41


Quote:

>> By the way, I haven't heard back from you. Did you get the form I sent?

>Yes, but I didn't know it until your question.  I was under the impression
>it was still to be sent and when I looked again, there it was.  I have my
>options set to not open attchments, so I had to look twice to realize it was
>there and briefly change my options to print it out.  So I think I am all
>set.   Bill

It went out yesterday, so they should get it Friday or Monday.

I think you and Sean will do OK on your coins, I am probably
going to be hammered with several cases of PVC. Dealing
with PVC on toned coins is problematic, when I have some
more time I will post about it.
 --
A Close look at Accugrade:

http://www.k6az.com/acg.htm

My Morgan Collection

http://www.k6az.com/morgan_collection.htm

How to tell the difference between Old and New PCI Holders

http://www.k6az.com/pci.htm