directives (which came out of nowhere) would be used for short-term
Wrong: the NSA is now a HUGE intelligence organization, eating billions
and billions and billions and billions of dollars in budgets each year,
and monitoring billions of messages a day.
* "Spying Budget Is Made Public By Mistake", By Tim Weiner
* The New York Times, November 5 1994
* By mistake, a Congressional subcommittee has published an unusually
* detailed breakdown of the highly classified "black budget" for United
* States intelligence agencies.
* In previously defeating a bill that would have made this information
* public, the White House, CIA and Pentagon argued that revealing the
* secret budget would cause GRAVE DAMAGE to the NATIONAL SECURITY of
* the United States.
* $3.1 billion for the CIA
* $10.4 billion for the Army, Navy, Air Force
* and Marines special-operations units
* $13.2 billion for the NSA/NRO/DIA
* The only damage done so far is to the
* credibility of those who opposed the measure.
There is no constitutional basis for this
massive loss of Fourth Amendment rights.
It sounds lik