# After all -- there ARE STILL FIRES!
# And talk about FAILURES -- what about the MEDICAL INDUSTRY?
# Why, there are still SICK PEOPLE everywhere you look!
# Wanda: And why don't we shut down the POLICE DEPARTMENT as well --
# since there are STILL CRIMINALS!
# For that matter, why have any laws at all?
# People still BREAK them ALL THE TIME.
# Biff: Look, it made sense when Rush said it.
# Wanda: I'm sure it did, sweetheart.
# Say, shouldn't his show be cancelled?
# After all -- there are STILL LIBERALS...
* "Can Unemployment Fall Further Without Setting Off Inflation?"
* By Richard W. Stevenson, The New York Times, September 7, 1996
* Six percent unemployment of the able-bodied population is the point where
* the Federal Reserve Board usually kicks in to raise interest rates. [the
* presidential campaigns are in their final stages between Dole and Clinton
* at this time]
* The Federal Reserve Board is expected to raise interest rates now that
* unemployment has reached 5.1 percent, so that the number of unemployed
* people will go up.
* SEVEN MILLION PEOPLE ARE CURRENTLY UNEMPLOYED.
# Tom Tomorrow
# Since the time in the 1970s when President Nixon ordered a nationwide
# salary freeze to combat inflation, the Federal Reserve Board has
# manipulated interest rates so that approximately 5 to 6 million people
# are purposely kept unemployed at any given time.
You mean the government purposely keeps millions and millions and millions
of people unemployed at any given time, yet put time limits on welfare?
I don't recall hearing that in the public debate.
Question: What will p