Transpod launch pad and Veri-Fire Solo launch controller

Transpod launch pad and Veri-Fire Solo launch controller

Post by Greg Cisk » Tue, 07 Mar 2000 04:00:00



So what is the general consensus on these 2 products? Are
they OK but just expensive? Are they cheap junk? Any info
is appreciated.

Thanks.

--

Header address intentionally scrambled to ward off the spamming hordes.

cisko [AT] ix [DOT] netcom [DOT] com

 
 
 

Transpod launch pad and Veri-Fire Solo launch controller

Post by Greg Cisk » Tue, 07 Mar 2000 04:00:00


These are the ones from www.rocketryvision.com.

--

Header address intentionally scrambled to ward off the spamming hordes.

cisko [AT] ix [DOT] netcom [DOT] com


Quote:
> So what is the general consensus on these 2 products? Are
> they OK but just expensive? Are they cheap junk? Any info
> is appreciated.

> Thanks.

> --

> Header address intentionally scrambled to ward off the spamming hordes.

> cisko [AT] ix [DOT] netcom [DOT] com


 
 
 

Transpod launch pad and Veri-Fire Solo launch controller

Post by Greg Cisk » Tue, 07 Mar 2000 04:00:00



Quote:
> These are the ones from www.rocketryvision.com.

err... www.rocketvision.com

--

Header address intentionally scrambled to ward off the spamming hordes.

cisko [AT] ix [DOT] netcom [DOT] com

 
 
 

Transpod launch pad and Veri-Fire Solo launch controller

Post by Greg Cisk » Wed, 08 Mar 2000 04:00:00


Thanks for the reply. What are you using for a controller?

--

Header address intentionally scrambled to ward off the spamming hordes.

cisko [AT] ix [DOT] netcom [DOT] com


Quote:
> I don't know about the transpad, but I just bought a Quadpad from these
guys
> and it is awesome.... very expensive yes, but the quality of this pad is
> great!! I figure that their smaller pad is probably of the same high
> quality.

> --
> Randy Miller
> NAR# 71551 SR L1  TRA# 7761 SR L1
> Member/Advisor MTMA NAR section# 606
> The Miller Home Page: http://sage415.hypermart.net/homepage/index.htm
> Rocket page:
> http://sage415.hypermart.net/homepage/rockets.htm





> > > These are the ones from www.rocketryvision.com.

> > err... www.rocketvision.com

> > --

> > Header address intentionally scrambled to ward off the spamming hordes.

> > cisko [AT] ix [DOT] netcom [DOT] com

 
 
 

Transpod launch pad and Veri-Fire Solo launch controller

Post by RM » Thu, 09 Mar 2000 04:00:00


I don't know about the transpad, but I just bought a Quadpad from these guys
and it is awesome.... very expensive yes, but the quality of this pad is
great!! I figure that their smaller pad is probably of the same high
quality.

--
Randy Miller
NAR# 71551 SR L1  TRA# 7761 SR L1
Member/Advisor MTMA NAR section# 606
The Miller Home Page: http://sage415.hypermart.net/homepage/index.htm
Rocket page:
http://sage415.hypermart.net/homepage/rockets.htm


Quote:


> > These are the ones from www.rocketryvision.com.

> err... www.rocketvision.com

> --

> Header address intentionally scrambled to ward off the spamming hordes.

> cisko [AT] ix [DOT] netcom [DOT] com

 
 
 

Transpod launch pad and Veri-Fire Solo launch controller

Post by Dave Urbane » Thu, 09 Mar 2000 04:00:00


Quote:

> I don't know about the transpad, but I just bought a Quadpad from these
> guys and it is awesome.... very expensive yes, but the quality of this
> pad is great!! I figure that their smaller pad is probably of the same
> high quality.

I too bought a Quad-Pod.  If I was going to limit myself to mid power I
would have purchased the transpad.  The Quad-Pod is as nice as described
above.  Yep, I spent nearly $200.00 on pad and launch rods.

For the controller, I got just a pricey.  I bought a Pratt Sure-Fire II.
Almost $100.00, but that includes a battery.  I'm set for any launch I
want to do, including clusters.

Here are the reasons I went this rout.

1> Our club waiver runs through 5:00 PM on Sunday, but most of the time we
have to tear down the range at 1:00 PM because if we didn't it would be
the guy hauling the trailer and me putting everything away (that's 12
pads, controller, tables, fencing, everything).  Now I'll be able to set
my own stuff up and all us true die-hards can fly right up to 5:00 PM.
The Pad and Controller will cover anything I'm likely to fly and
set-up/take-down will take only a few minutes.

2> I like to launch on my own.  This pad and controller will handle
anything I can cook up.

3> Many launches require flyers to bring their own pad and controllers
(misfire alley method).  They've got waivers and everything.  My pad and
controller will place no limits on me or other flyers.

4> I have all the equipment to do demonstration launches.

5> I might move to a place where there are no clubs.  I have all the
ground control equipment needed to safely fly anything from MicroMax
through L power (maybe even an M).  I can see starting a club around this
ground support equipment.

If I was sure I'd never need to use my own pad and controller for high
power, and that my personal ground support equipment would be strictly for
stuff G and under, I would have bought the Trans-Pad.  I think I still
would have bought the Sure-Fire II.  I'm sure the Veri-Fire is great.
It's been around a really long time.  It's just that I prefer the
one-piece nature of the Sure-Fire II (its really portable too).
--
=========================================================================
"Children are all foreigners." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
     __

     /_/

http://public.surfree.com/urbanek


 
 
 

Transpod launch pad and Veri-Fire Solo launch controller

Post by RM » Sat, 11 Mar 2000 04:00:00


We must think on the same lines...;-) I own a Sure-Fire II Controller as
well.... lot of power for such a small little box...;-) Great low/mid/high
power combo..;-)

--
Randy Miller
NAR# 71551 SR L1  TRA# 7761 SR L1
Member/Advisor MTMA NAR section# 606
The Miller Home Page: http://sage415.hypermart.net/homepage/index.htm
Rocket page:
http://sage415.hypermart.net/homepage/rockets.htm


Quote:

> > I don't know about the transpad, but I just bought a Quadpad from these
> > guys and it is awesome.... very expensive yes, but the quality of this
> > pad is great!! I figure that their smaller pad is probably of the same
> > high quality.

> I too bought a Quad-Pod.  If I was going to limit myself to mid power I
> would have purchased the transpad.  The Quad-Pod is as nice as described
> above.  Yep, I spent nearly $200.00 on pad and launch rods.

> For the controller, I got just a pricey.  I bought a Pratt Sure-Fire II.
> Almost $100.00, but that includes a battery.  I'm set for any launch I
> want to do, including clusters.

> Here are the reasons I went this rout.

> 1> Our club waiver runs through 5:00 PM on Sunday, but most of the time we
> have to tear down the range at 1:00 PM because if we didn't it would be
> the guy hauling the trailer and me putting everything away (that's 12
> pads, controller, tables, fencing, everything).  Now I'll be able to set
> my own stuff up and all us true die-hards can fly right up to 5:00 PM.
> The Pad and Controller will cover anything I'm likely to fly and
> set-up/take-down will take only a few minutes.

> 2> I like to launch on my own.  This pad and controller will handle
> anything I can cook up.

> 3> Many launches require flyers to bring their own pad and controllers
> (misfire alley method).  They've got waivers and everything.  My pad and
> controller will place no limits on me or other flyers.

> 4> I have all the equipment to do demonstration launches.

> 5> I might move to a place where there are no clubs.  I have all the
> ground control equipment needed to safely fly anything from MicroMax
> through L power (maybe even an M).  I can see starting a club around this
> ground support equipment.

> If I was sure I'd never need to use my own pad and controller for high
> power, and that my personal ground support equipment would be strictly for
> stuff G and under, I would have bought the Trans-Pad.  I think I still
> would have bought the Sure-Fire II.  I'm sure the Veri-Fire is great.
> It's been around a really long time.  It's just that I prefer the
> one-piece nature of the Sure-Fire II (its really portable too).
> --
> =========================================================================
> "Children are all foreigners." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
>      __
>      \ \_____

>      /_/

> http://public.surfree.com/urbanek



 
 
 

Transpod launch pad and Veri-Fire Solo launch controller

Post by Bob Chmar » Sat, 11 Mar 2000 04:00:00


I have the same setup, Quad-Pod and SureFire.  Great combo.

--
Bob Chmara
remove -noloaf for personal replies

<snip>
| I too bought a Quad-Pod.
<snip II>
| For the controller, I got just a pricey.  I bought a Pratt Sure-Fire II.
<son of snip>

 
 
 

Transpod launch pad and Veri-Fire Solo launch controller

Post by Kurt Kesl » Sat, 11 Mar 2000 04:00:00




Quote:
> I have the same setup, Quad-Pod and SureFire.  Great combo.

> --
> Bob Chmara
> remove -noloaf for personal replies


> <snip>
> | I too bought a Quad-Pod.
> <snip II>
> | For the controller, I got just a pricey.  I bought a Pratt Sure-Fire II.
> <son of snip>

Broken record syndrome...I have the same setup as well - Quad Pod and
Surefire.  I use a Blacksky HP rail with mine (no more rod
switching...hooray!).
--
Kurt Kesler
NAR #75633 Level 2 TRA #7603 SOAR #121 GAMMA
 
 
 

Transpod launch pad and Veri-Fire Solo launch controller

Post by Woody Mille » Sat, 11 Mar 2000 04:00:00


Quote:

> Broken record syndrome...I have the same setup as well - Quad Pod and
> Surefire.  I use a Blacksky HP rail with mine (no more rod
> switching...hooray!).
> --
> Kurt Kesler
> NAR #75633 Level 2 TRA #7603 SOAR #121 GAMMA

Here's one with a slight skip..  Quad Pod with a relay controller, built from
plans on ROL, which uses Pratt's 12 volt Nicad Batteries..

--
Woody Miller
NAR 74701 Sr L1 Insured
Superstition Spacemodeling Society
http://www.sssrocketry.org/

 
 
 

Transpod launch pad and Veri-Fire Solo launch controller

Post by Woody Mille » Sat, 11 Mar 2000 04:00:00


Quote:
> COOL!  Believe it or not I have a controller I built using the plans on
> ROL using Pratt's battery that I use for our low-power pads.
> --
> Kurt Kesler
> NAR #75633 Level 2 TRA #7603 SOAR #121 GAMMA

I've not done more than an "I" with the setup (hopefully a "J" or 2 tomorrow!),
the controller has done +10 in a day, at 100' +.. Built it in a tool box, just
like pratt's, and have added the ability to use an external car battery instead
of the nicads...
--
Woody Miller
NAR 74701 Sr L1 Insured
Superstition Spacemodeling Society
http://www.sssrocketry.org/
 
 
 

Transpod launch pad and Veri-Fire Solo launch controller

Post by Kurt Kesl » Sun, 12 Mar 2000 04:00:00



Quote:

> > Broken record syndrome...I have the same setup as well - Quad Pod and
> > Surefire.  I use a Blacksky HP rail with mine (no more rod
> > switching...hooray!).
> > --
> > Kurt Kesler
> > NAR #75633 Level 2 TRA #7603 SOAR #121 GAMMA

> Here's one with a slight skip..  Quad Pod with a relay controller, built from
> plans on ROL, which uses Pratt's 12 volt Nicad Batteries..

> --
> Woody Miller
> NAR 74701 Sr L1 Insured
> Superstition Spacemodeling Society
> http://www.sssrocketry.org/

COOL!  Believe it or not I have a controller I built using the plans on
ROL using Pratt's battery that I use for our low-power pads.
--
Kurt Kesler
NAR #75633 Level 2 TRA #7603 SOAR #121 GAMMA
 
 
 

Transpod launch pad and Veri-Fire Solo launch controller

Post by Bob Chmar » Sun, 12 Mar 2000 04:00:00


Just got my Blacksky rail a few weeks ago.  Haven't setup a rocket for it
yet.  I also use a Pratt 12v nicad pack as part of my backup controller.

--
Bob Chmara
remove -noloaf for personal replies

Kurt Kesler wrote


| >
| >
| > > Broken record syndrome...I have the same setup as well - Quad Pod and
| > > Surefire.  I use a Blacksky HP rail with mine (no more rod
| > > switching...hooray!).
| > > --
| > > Kurt Kesler
| > > NAR #75633 Level 2 TRA #7603 SOAR #121 GAMMA
| >
| > Here's one with a slight skip..  Quad Pod with a relay controller, built
from
| > plans on ROL, which uses Pratt's 12 volt Nicad Batteries..
| >
| > --
| > Woody Miller
| > NAR 74701 Sr L1 Insured
| > Superstition Spacemodeling Society
| > http://www.sssrocketry.org/
| >
| COOL!  Believe it or not I have a controller I built using the plans on
| ROL using Pratt's battery that I use for our low-power pads.
| --
| Kurt Kesler
| NAR #75633 Level 2 TRA #7603 SOAR #121 GAMMA

 
 
 

Transpod launch pad and Veri-Fire Solo launch controller

Post by Kurt Kesl » Sun, 12 Mar 2000 04:00:00




Quote:
> Just got my Blacksky rail a few weeks ago.  Haven't setup a rocket for it
> yet.  I also use a Pratt 12v nicad pack as part of my backup controller.

> --
> Bob Chmara
> remove -noloaf for personal replies

<snip>
Bob, don't know if you got the HP or regular rail but either way...you
are going to love it.  What a delight it is to not have to deal with a
tube full of launch rods (although some of my Estes stuff does look kinda
odd with rail guides on them).

--
Kurt Kesler
NAR #75633 Level 2 TRA #7603 SOAR #121 GAMMA

 
 
 

Transpod launch pad and Veri-Fire Solo launch controller

Post by Rocket90 » Tue, 14 Mar 2000 04:00:00


I use a Vaughn Bros. Unicon controler, with a Pratt 12V Nicad pack, built it
into a Sears tool tote. Then I found out that Pratt had the same thing already
put together (but I can carrry other stuff in my tote along with the controler
and battery)