- Every woman is a committee.
- A cat has nine lives and a woman has nine cat's lives.
- I will not say that women have no character, rather, they have a new
one every day.
- I've never met a man of good character who has had anything to do with
- A man of straw is worth a woman of gold.
- As with their beauty, so with their spirit; it seems that they allow
themselves to be perceived only to be imagined instead. Characters are
like colors. There are primary colors, ones that change, an infinitude
of shades as you pass from one to another. Women have none other than
mixed colors, intermediate or variable, whether upbringing alters their
natural shade more than ours or the delicateness of their constitution
makes their soul a mirror that accepts everything, reproduces it
vividly, but retains nothing.
- Between a woman's "yes" and "no" there is no room for the point of a
- Even a fickle woman is loyal to one man - until she prefers another.
- Her husband's funeral
Is often where a widow looks for the next man.
- When widows exclaim loudly against second marriages, I would always
lay a wager that the man, if not the wedding day, is absolutely fixed
- There are few virtuous women who do not tire of their role.
- Virtue in women is often merely love of their reputation and their
peace of mind.
- Are there still ***s? One is tempted to answer no. There are only
girls who have not yet crossed the line, because they want to preserve
their market value . . . Call them ***s if you wish, these travellers
- She is chaste whom nobody has asked.
- In the absence of men all women are cha