Estes Website

Estes Website

Post by DougMa » Thu, 16 Mar 2000 04:00:00



Well,

It's March 15, 2000...where's the site?

Reckon it'll still be saying "Coming March 15, 2000" tomorrow?

Doug

* Sent from RemarQ http://www.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion Network *
The fastest and easiest way to search and participate in Usenet - Free!

 
 
 

Estes Website

Post by Bob Kapl » Thu, 16 Mar 2000 04:00:00



Quote:
> It's March 15, 2000...where's the site?
> Reckon it'll still be saying "Coming March 15, 2000" tomorrow?

I just heard that they are waiting to debue the new website for the
announcement that ALL the classic K-series kits will be reissued in their
original form. And all the discontinued motors will return too. And the
parts. And everything else we've all wanted back. And the new NCR line as
well.

I expect to see that announcement in exactly 17 days...

        Bob Kaplow      NAR # 18L       TRA # "Ctrl-Alt-Del"

Kaplow Klips:   http://members.aol.com/myhprcato/KaplowKlips.html (baffle too!)
NIRA:           http://www.nira.chicago.il.us  NAR:    http://www.nar.org


 
 
 

Estes Website

Post by James Woo » Thu, 16 Mar 2000 04:00:00



Quote:


>> It's March 15, 2000...where's the site?
>> Reckon it'll still be saying "Coming March 15, 2000" tomorrow?

>I just heard that they are waiting to debue the new website for the
>announcement that ALL the classic K-series kits will be reissued in their
>original form. And all the discontinued motors will return too. And the
>parts. And everything else we've all wanted back. And the new NCR line as
>well.

>I expect to see that announcement in exactly 17 days...

LOL!  

I hit the site earlier today, but wasn't surprised it wasn't there.  
I have a feeling Estes has transcended normal boundries and
entered into a different space/time.

James Woods

 
 
 

Estes Website

Post by Kevin Trojanowsk » Thu, 16 Mar 2000 04:00:00


Quote:
> I have a feeling Estes has transcended normal boundries and
> entered into a different space/time.

They've been assimilated.  Resistance is futile.

-Kevin

 
 
 

Estes Website

Post by bobsanfo.. » Thu, 16 Mar 2000 04:00:00


Okay, no site.

Now I'm waiting for the Fred Schecter/Estes Apologist posting. ;)

Smile, Fred!

Bob

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

 
 
 

Estes Website

Post by DougMa » Thu, 16 Mar 2000 04:00:00


What happens on March 32nd? :)
Doug

* Sent from RemarQ http://www.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion Network *
The fastest and easiest way to search and participate in Usenet - Free!

 
 
 

Estes Website

Post by Fred Shecte » Thu, 16 Mar 2000 04:00:00


That's "Shecter", not "Schecter" and the site is up, isn't it.  I was
looking throught there just a couple of minutes ago.

Maybe they have you on a "no access" filter?  Evil....

I'm no apologist.  I just know that screaming at them or threatening them
like many r.m.r folks do will not get them to change their minds.  Perhaps a
suitcase full of cash will.

Are they a "dot com" company now?  8-)

So, when's the Quest site go up?

-Fred Shecter NAR 20117


Quote:
> Okay, no site.

> Now I'm waiting for the Fred Schecter/Estes Apologist posting. ;)

> Smile, Fred!

> Bob

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

 
 
 

Estes Website

Post by Stefan Jone » Thu, 16 Mar 2000 04:00:00


Quote:

> That's "Shecter", not "Schecter" and the site is up, isn't it.  I was
> looking throught there just a couple of minutes ago.

> Maybe they have you on a "no access" filter?  Evil....

> I'm no apologist.  I just know that screaming at them or threatening them
> like many r.m.r folks do will not get them to change their minds.  Perhaps a
> suitcase full of cash will.

A suitcase full of purchase orders. Maybe.  I don't think that any
amount of orders would it take for them to reintroduce the A8-0, A8-5,
and A10-0T.

Quote:
> Are they a "dot com" company now?  8-)

Not in any way. It's an information site. You can't order from it. You
can't, as far as I can tell, ask questions or give feedback or find out
more than you would from the stuff they mail out to retailers or
educators.

And it won't ever change unless Centuri changes its business model from
"ship large numbers of boxes to retailers via distributors."

Quote:
> So, when's the Quest site go up?

Quest . . . oye. Maybe it's the person I talked to, but they appear
totally out of it. Their customer service person had no idea why I would
want to order parts, or any notion that Quest ever sold parts.

--
Stefan Jones, Certification, Interactive Television Division
650-506-1032
 "The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and do not
 necessarily represent those of  Oracle Corporation."

 
 
 

Estes Website

Post by doug holverso » Thu, 16 Mar 2000 04:00:00


Quote:

> Organization: http://www.remarq.com: The World's Usenet/Discussions Start Here
> Newsgroups: rec.models.rockets
> Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 11:35:06 -0800
> Subject: Re: Estes Website

> What happens on March 32nd? :)
> Doug

I have a Summer of '75 issue of Centuri Rocket Times that has a sale offer
that's good through November 31!

BTW- I wonder what would happen if I sent it in? >:)

-DGH-

 
 
 

Estes Website

Post by bobsanfo.. » Fri, 17 Mar 2000 04:00:00


Fred,

My apology on the mis-spelling. I've got to get my fingers to type
better. :)

Yup, I got into the site after posting the message. Hmm, maybe Estes
thought I would only try once then go away...

Bob

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.