Heavenly Hobbies' new USHUS starter set: First Impressions

Heavenly Hobbies' new USHUS starter set: First Impressions

Post by Planet New » Sun, 27 May 2007 11:31:44



News Release by Heavenly Hobbies
Friday, May 25, 2007

SPRING VALLEY, New York USA The first impression is the most important
impression. This is true in dating, in job hunting and in rocketry too.
The first impression opens or closes doors to possible subsequent
experiences. If the first impression about a product is negative, there
will be an uphill battle to convince the customer to give it a second
chance.

The first impressions about rocketry are made upon products commonly
known as "starter sets". These starter sets have all the materials
needed for 2-3 flights of one rocket. This is a great idea, especially
when the prices of these sets are deeply discounted, relative to the sum
of the retail prices of the individual components.

The problem is that the quality of the rockets found is these starter
sets is often terrible. The ground support equipment seems to be
acceptable, but the rockets themselves are not. These ready-to-fly
models look good from the outside but tend to self-destruct within a
couple of flights.  I can easily see how budding rocketeers might be
disappointed by this experience and turn away towards another hobby with
more self-respect.

Heavenly Hobbies has looked at this problem long and hard. Luckily, they
have found a way to improve the situation. Its name is USHUS?.  USHUS is
a top-of-the-line model rocket starter set that includes 2 rockets,
launch pad, electric launch controller, etc. What sets USHUS apart from
the crowd is that it gives you, the buyer, power to CHOOSE the rockets
to be included in the set! You may choose from 16 different models, for
up to 128 possible combinations.  You may choose an entry-level model
rocket, like an Estes Wizard?, together with an Edmonds CiCi Stage 2?
glider. Perhaps, a Quest K-2? RTF model, paired with an Heavenly Hobbies
Stratos-18 ELM? would suit you better. It doesn't matter. Regardless of
the choices the purchaser makes, the set remains cohesive. All the
possible choices work with the other parts of the set.

USHUS rounds out its offer with an industry-leading combination of 6
rocket engines, 2 launch rods (1/8" and 3/16"), cellulose wadding and
stainless steel snap swivels. These are extras that increase your
flexibility and that you would normally buy on an after-market basis.
But more importantly, USHUS comes with its "bulletproof" extended
warranty. This warranty covers you in the case your rocket gets
destroyed while in use. For example, if your rocket breaks a fin upon
landing, in a manner that is repairable, the warranty will not pay for
the repairs. However, if your rocket lands on a street and is run over
by a car, or if the parachute doesn't unfurl and the rocket smashes
against the ground, Heavenly Hobbies will extend store credit for 75% of
the market value of the model. This is on top of the manufacturer's
warranty for defects!

USHUS isn't cheap. At $79.99, it is about twice as expensive other
popular starter sets. But it gives you more than twice the rockets, if
you take quality and choice into consideration. It gives you no less
than twice the engines, twice the rods, twice the. I'm sure you get the
picture. Moreover, it's the only starter set anywhere that comes with
accident coverage included. So, all in all, USHUS comes with peace of
mind, abundant value and a healthy dose of self-respect.

Website: http://www.heavenlyhobbies.com/

Image: http://www.rocketryplanet.com/content/view/1879/28/

--
Pluto downgraded?  Get lost, Pluto.  There's a new planet in town.

Rocketry Planet http://www.rocketryplanet.com

 
 
 

Heavenly Hobbies' new USHUS starter set: First Impressions

Post by lunarlosREMOVE2EM.. » Sun, 27 May 2007 14:08:35


Why is a "ghetto ***", 'signing' your product?  No thanks, I will
just use rocketsim and my designer speacials ...

Try again.  Think about your target audience.  We are not "gang
bangers" or " ***s with attitudes".  Most of the people who are
buying are going to be 40+.  Yes they will buy for their kids, but
your demographic isn't 13 - 25, its 40+.

Now if you were selling R/C cars, I would be with you, but please the
ghetto ghansta *** image is a turn off...

Lunar

P.s. most of the people are "white bread" so the inner city imagery
just doesn't fit!


Quote:
> News Release by Heavenly Hobbies
> Friday, May 25, 2007

> SPRING VALLEY, New York USA - The first impression is the most important
> impression. This is true in dating, in job hunting and in rocketry too.
> The first impression opens or closes doors to possible subsequent
> experiences. If the first impression about a product is negative, there
> will be an uphill battle to convince the customer to give it a second
> chance.

> The first impressions about rocketry are made upon products commonly
> known as "starter sets". These starter sets have all the materials
> needed for 2-3 flights of one rocket. This is a great idea, especially
> when the prices of these sets are deeply discounted, relative to the sum
> of the retail prices of the individual components.

> The problem is that the quality of the rockets found is these starter
> sets is often terrible. The ground support equipment seems to be
> acceptable, but the rockets themselves are not. These ready-to-fly
> models look good from the outside but tend to self-destruct within a
> couple of flights.  I can easily see how budding rocketeers might be
> disappointed by this experience and turn away towards another hobby with
> more self-respect.

> Heavenly Hobbies has looked at this problem long and hard. Luckily, they
> have found a way to improve the situation. Its name is USHUS?.  USHUS is
> a top-of-the-line model rocket starter set that includes 2 rockets,
> launch pad, electric launch controller, etc. What sets USHUS apart from
> the crowd is that it gives you, the buyer, power to CHOOSE the rockets
> to be included in the set! You may choose from 16 different models, for
> up to 128 possible combinations.  You may choose an entry-level model
> rocket, like an Estes Wizard?, together with an Edmonds CiCi Stage 2?
> glider. Perhaps, a Quest K-2? RTF model, paired with an Heavenly Hobbies
> Stratos-18 ELM? would suit you better. It doesn't matter. Regardless of
> the choices the purchaser makes, the set remains cohesive. All the
> possible choices work with the other parts of the set.

> USHUS rounds out its offer with an industry-leading combination of 6
> rocket engines, 2 launch rods (1/8" and 3/16"), cellulose wadding and
> stainless steel snap swivels. These are extras that increase your
> flexibility and that you would normally buy on an after-market basis.
> But more importantly, USHUS comes with its "bulletproof" extended
> warranty. This warranty covers you in the case your rocket gets
> destroyed while in use. For example, if your rocket breaks a fin upon
> landing, in a manner that is repairable, the warranty will not pay for
> the repairs. However, if your rocket lands on a street and is run over
> by a car, or if the parachute doesn't unfurl and the rocket smashes
> against the ground, Heavenly Hobbies will extend store credit for 75% of
> the market value of the model. This is on top of the manufacturer's
> warranty for defects!

> USHUS isn't cheap. At $79.99, it is about twice as expensive other
> popular starter sets. But it gives you more than twice the rockets, if
> you take quality and choice into consideration. It gives you no less
> than twice the engines, twice the rods, twice the.... I'm sure you get the
> picture. Moreover, it's the only starter set anywhere that comes with
> accident coverage included. So, all in all, USHUS comes with peace of
> mind, abundant value and a healthy dose of self-respect.

> Website:http://www.FoundCollection.com/

> Image:http://www.FoundCollection.com/

> --
> Pluto downgraded?  Get lost, Pluto.  There's a new planet in town.

> Rocketry Planet -http://www.FoundCollection.com/


 
 
 

Heavenly Hobbies' new USHUS starter set: First Impressions

Post by Darrell D. Moble » Mon, 28 May 2007 10:24:26


Quote:

> Why is a "ghetto ***", 'signing' your product?  No thanks, I will
> just use rocketsim and my designer speacials ...

> Try again.  Think about your target audience.  We are not "gang
> bangers" or " ***s with attitudes".  Most of the people who are
> buying are going to be 40+.  Yes they will buy for their kids, but
> your demographic isn't 13 - 25, its 40+.

> Now if you were selling R/C cars, I would be with you, but please the
> ghetto ghansta *** image is a turn off...

> Lunar

> P.s. most of the people are "white bread" so the inner city imagery
> just doesn't fit!

While being credited to Abraham Lincoln, Mark Twain, Ralph Waldo Emerson
or even others, the person who said, "It is better to be thought a fool,
than to open your mouth and remove all doubt," was no doubt an unusual
genius.  In this case, it is a quintessential truth: The girl in the
picture is Jose's daughter.  I hope you have enough humility to apologize.

--
Pluto downgraded?  Get lost, Pluto.  There's a new planet in town.

Rocketry Planet http://www.FoundCollection.com/