Loc 2.26" Dia Tube / Scratch Building

Loc 2.26" Dia Tube / Scratch Building

Post by Tom Stoc » Tue, 22 Aug 2000 04:00:00



I was just looking at LOC parts on DicountHobbyCenter, and I noticed that
tubing sizes are listed as:

2.14" Airframe Tube
2.56" Airframe Tube

Which of these is the typical 2.26" Diameter tube mentioned in the LOC kits?
Is 2.26" the OD? Does this mean that I actually want the 2.14" tube for my
LOC Lil' Nuke nosecone?

Also, does anyone know of any other sources for tubing this size? Mailing
tubes are 2" OD...just a little too small.  I once found that I could peel
the inside layers from a thick wall mailing tube to get a tube the right
size.  I haven't seen any of these mailing tubes lately..only the thin ones.

Thanks!
Tom

 
 
 

Loc 2.26" Dia Tube / Scratch Building

Post by Tom Binfor » Tue, 22 Aug 2000 04:00:00


Quote:

>I was just looking at LOC parts on DicountHobbyCenter, and I noticed that
>tubing sizes are listed as:

>2.14" Airframe Tube
>2.56" Airframe Tube

These are the ID.

Quote:
>Which of these is the typical 2.26" Diameter tube mentioned in the LOC
kits?
>Is 2.26" the OD? Does this mean that I actually want the 2.14" tube for my
>LOC Lil' Nuke nosecone?

You want the 2.14.

Quote:

>Also, does anyone know of any other sources for tubing this size? Mailing
>tubes are 2" OD...just a little too small.  I once found that I could peel
>the inside layers from a thick wall mailing tube to get a tube the right
>size.  I haven't seen any of these mailing tubes lately..only the thin

ones.

All the HPR kit vendors have this size - it's the motor mount tube for 54 mm
motors.

Tom

Quote:

>Thanks!
>Tom