> The best I can come up with so far is to epoxy some 2-56 studs between the
> tubes, use kaplow klips, and hold klip down with washers & nuts but I've
> been holding out. I've been keeping an eye out for slim threaded inserts
> to go between the motor tube & body but without luck. I guess I oughta
> just launch and loose it on a large SU motor and be done with it 8^)
On mine I filled the rear section with epoxy (between the BT and the
MMT, to the rear centering ring). Drilled a small hole in it, and use a
self-tapping***to hold a "J" hook made from piano wire against the
rear of the motor. When the hole gets too worn I can drill another one
90 degrees from it. After the 4th one it's time to fill them with epoxy
and start over again <g>.
My fins are also about 1/4" shorter than most others, since I cut tabs
onto them and cut slots into the BT, and mounted them through the wall,
to the motor mount tube. I haven't cracked one yet. I did this after
seeing Abby's Aura snap a fin on each launch, so far, even using the
epoxy rivet method of attachment.
NAR #70953 - Sr/Insured/Level-1 ~ SeaNAR - The Seattle NAR Section #568
NO Junk Email, please! Real email to: amphoto [at] blarg [dot] net.
<WARNING: Do not look into laser beam with remaining eye!>