TRA renewal

TRA renewal

Post by Jack Wike » Tue, 11 Mar 1997 04:00:00



Well, it's mid-March and my TRA renewal form is nowhere in sight.  I
expire (?) at the end of March, so Danville or Bong will be my last
launch......

Jack

....unless I join NAR.......

 
 
 

TRA renewal

Post by Scott Ghi » Wed, 12 Mar 1997 04:00:00


Quote:

> Well, it's mid-March and my TRA renewal form is nowhere in sight.  I
> expire (?) at the end of March, so Danville or Bong will be my last
> launch......

> Jack

Yeah, good point.  Mine DID expire as of January.  I don't think I
received a renewal.

TRA# 2760 (at least it was)
--
Scott Ghiz
http://www.erols.com/ghiz


 
 
 

TRA renewal

Post by Belleg » Wed, 12 Mar 1997 04:00:00


Okay Guys.......here we go again!

Why ....with all the contraversy already being stirred up here on RMR
regarding Tripoli.....would you want to try to stir up more????

If you are expecting a renewal notice (or anything else for that matter)
from Tripoli HQ, why in the hell don't you just ask Tripoli HQ where it
is?  I can't read your minds....you have to let me know if you didn't get
something you were expecting!

Active members have a Membership Directory (I know some of you may not
have one....if you don't have one....let me know and I'll see you get
one), and my email addresses are in there on page 4:77.  If you look under
"Shelle Long" you will find:


and


A simple email to me at either of these email addresses would have gotten
you what you need.  I would have been happy to have either mailed you
another renewal notice or emailed one to you.  

Because you probably have web access, you can also download one from the
Tripoli web page: www.tripoli.org, or if you are on Compuserve, you can
download one from the Tripoli Rocketry Assn. library.

And last but not least.....is Tripoli HQ's phone number: (205) 424-8357.
A simple phone call to me will also get you a renewal notice.  If you get
the answering machine....leave a message telling me what you need, and
I'll put one in the mail to you asap!

ALL renewal notices for March and April have been mailed out.  You should
receive it sometime this week.  If you are an active TRA member and would
like to know why March's renewal notices were mailed out so late.....send
me a private email and I'll be glad to tell you.  If, for some reason, you
do not receive an expected renewal notice (or anything else).....LET ME
KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!

As for the member who posted a message here stating he was supposed to
renew in Jan. and did not receive a notice....I'm putting one in the mail
to you today.  If you do not have it within a week.......LET ME KNOW!

This should just about cover it.  There should be no question in anyone's
mind, who reads this post, how to get in touch with Tripoli HQ.  Please
print this post and pass it along to ANY Tripoli member who does not have
access to RMR, that you feel would benefit from the above information.

If anyone has any questions regarding the information in this
post.....please feel free to contact me using ANY or ALL of the avenues
mentioned above.

Shelle Long
TRA HQ

 
 
 

TRA renewal

Post by Jerry Irvi » Wed, 12 Mar 1997 04:00:00




Quote:
> have one....if you don't have one....let me know and I'll see you get
> one), and my email addresses are in there on page 4:77.  If you look under
> "Shelle Long" you will find:


> Because you probably have web access, you can also download one from the
> Tripoli web page: www.tripoli.org, or if you are on Compuserve, you can
> download one from the Tripoli Rocketry Assn. library.
> And last but not least.....is Tripoli HQ's phone number: (205) 424-8357.
> Shelle Long
> TRA HQ

I must commend you for reading the newsgroup and replying in public.  It
was a positive thing.

I would like to also bring to your attention I requested from all, you and
the treasurer and the TRA President a copy of a membership refund check
from 3-92. None of those sources was able to produce it.  Therefore it
does not exist.  Please reinstate my membership retroactively to 1992 and
be sure to also refund the many dollars paid to Kelly and Rogers
personally and in cash (at their request) for motor certification fees for
dozens of motors which were never published as tested.

I have tried telling you this privately by phone and email to no avail.
Therefore I am now emailing it AND posting it for all the world to see.

Jerry

--

Box 1242, Claremont, CA 91711 USA
Opinion, the whole thing.

 
 
 

TRA renewal

Post by Jerry Irvi » Wed, 12 Mar 1997 04:00:00


Quote:


> > Therefore I am now emailing it AND posting it for all the world to see.
> Jerry, I understand that this has been a problem for you for sometime,
> but please, leave this girl alone already!

Shelle and I have exchanged email since then and are apparantly on even
ground right now.  I am NOT trying to bother Shelle, but as you know there
is no reaching Kelly by email or certified mail.  So I email Shelle (TRA
HQ).  I have found my contacts with her pleasant, and helpful.  I have
however, never had actual tangible results from them.  Just alot of
pleasant talk.

I suspect that is an aspect of the decrees from Orem.  But according to
Shelle there may be progress on substance.  We will see.  We will see.

I am not holding my breath and Shelle indicates this the wise approach :)

Jerry

--

Box 1242, Claremont, CA 91711 USA
Opinion, the whole thing.

 
 
 

TRA renewal

Post by Gary Watt » Wed, 12 Mar 1997 04:00:00


Jack,
If you go with NRA then good luck
I have been trying to get confirmed that I am a member and have insurance
since November. I have e-mail several of NAR's officers
with the only response being
we will check and get back with you..
NRA's  800 number goes to a answering machine. I had left a few
messages..
Guess what.. no one ever returned the phone mail messages either ?

Gary Watts

Quote:

> Well, it's mid-March and my TRA renewal form is nowhere in sight.  I
> expire (?) at the end of March, so Danville or Bong will be my last
> launch......

> Jack

> ....unless I join NAR.......

 
 
 

TRA renewal

Post by Henr » Wed, 12 Mar 1997 04:00:00


Quote:

> I have tried telling you this privately by phone and email to no avail.
> Therefore I am now emailing it AND posting it for all the world to see.

> Jerry

> --

-----

Jerry, I understand that this has been a problem for you for sometime,
but please, leave this girl alone already!

Henry.

 
 
 

TRA renewal

Post by Belleg » Thu, 13 Mar 1997 04:00:00


Jerry Jerry Jerry,

Quote:
>>I requested from all, you and the treasurer and the TRA President a copy

of a >>membership refund check from 3-92

I am not aware of what you requested from the Treasurer or
President.....but what you asked me to do was produce a copy of a letter
YOU claim was sent to you in 3-92.  YOU also claim there was supposed to
be a membership dues refund check attached to the letter.

I asked YOU to send ME a copy of this letter....and you refused, saying
(and this is an exact quote from a private email sent to me by you) "The
point of NOT sending it is to see if it has been purged from the
official records of the association to cover up.  I await patiently."

Quote:
>>None of these sources was able to produce it.  Therefore it does not

exist.

You asked me to go to bat for you Jerry........and going against my better
judgement, I did just that.  Unless you have undisputable proof that the
"letter" does not exist.....I suggest you watch what you say.  I decided
I'd look into this for you because I'm a nice person.  As I recall....you
DID NOT put a time limit on how long I had to produce a copy of this
"letter".  You did say "I await patiently."  If you have decided you can
wait no longer........I will again ask, in public this time, that you send
me a copy of this "letter."

If you would like me to continue, don't***me off.  Remember, I have
nothing to gain by helping you and  I have absolutly nothing to loose if I
DO NOT help you.

Quote:
>>Please reinstate my membership retroactivaly to 1992......

As I have told you several times now.....I cannot reinstate your
membership on my own.

Quote:
>>and be sure to also refund the many dollars paid to Kelly and Rogers
>>personally and in cash (at their request) for motor certification fees

for >>dozens of motors which were never published as tested.

This is something you will need to take up with "Kelly and Rogers."

Quote:
>>I have tried telling you this privately by phone.......

Unless you have called TRA HQ and got the answering machine (and if you
did, you did not leave a message), to my knowledge we have never had any
communication via phone.

Quote:
>>Therefore I am now emailing it AND posting it for all the world to see.

That's fine with me Jerry.  Remember I told you in a private email from me
to you, "I will have copies of ALL private email between you and I and I
will make them public (or portions of them) if I feel I need to defend
myself.", although I will not violate the By-Laws.  I will, however, make
them available to any active TRA member that requests them, via private
email.

Shelle

 
 
 

TRA renewal

Post by Jack Wike » Thu, 13 Mar 1997 04:00:00


Quote:

> Okay Guys.......here we go again!

> Why ....with all the contraversy already being stirred up here on RMR
> regarding Tripoli.....would you want to try to stir up more????

> If you are expecting a renewal notice (or anything else for that matter)
> from Tripoli HQ, why in the hell don't you just ask Tripoli HQ where it
> is?  I can't read your minds....you have to let me know if you didn't get
> something you were expecting!

> Active members have a Membership Directory (I know some of you may not
> have one....if you don't have one....let me know and I'll see you get
> one), and my email addresses are in there on page 4:77.  If you look under
> "Shelle Long" you will find:


> and


> A simple email to me at either of these email addresses would have gotten
> you what you need.  I would have been happy to have either mailed you
> another renewal notice or emailed one to you.

> Because you probably have web access, you can also download one from the
> Tripoli web page: www.tripoli.org, or if you are on Compuserve, you can
> download one from the Tripoli Rocketry Assn. library.

Shelle, I did contact Bruce Lee shortly after I posted on RMR, and he
gave me the same message as you.  I didn't do it first, because the last
time I mailed to someone on the Triploi web page, I was to to contact
Bruce Kelly (and his E-mail doesn't work).  Previously, I always got a
membership renewel in the mail.  Since my certification (lev II) was not
forthcoming until I renewed, and my renewal didn't come, I was beginning
to have doubts about the viability of the system.  Before I send money,
I'd like to have an Idea if I will EVER see a new card.....my old one
will be no good after this month.  I will send money, but only if I have
a guarantee that I will get a new card.

Jack Wiker TRA#3416

 
 
 

TRA renewal

Post by Scott Ghi » Thu, 13 Mar 1997 04:00:00


Quote:


> > Well, it's mid-March and my TRA renewal form is nowhere in sight.  I
> > expire (?) at the end of March, so Danville or Bong will be my last
> > launch......

> > Jack

> Yeah, good point.  Mine DID expire as of January.  I don't think I
> received a renewal.

> TRA# 2760 (at least it was)
> --
> Scott Ghiz
> http://www.erols.com/ghiz/rocket


By the way, Bruce Lee was exceptionally helpful when I emailed him
immediately after my post.  Everything is being taken care of.

Thanks for your help Bruce!

Scott Ghiz (still TRA#2760)
--
Scott Ghiz
http://www.erols.com/ghiz/rocket

 
 
 

TRA renewal

Post by Belleg » Thu, 13 Mar 1997 04:00:00


<snip>

Quote:
>>Shelle, I did contact Bruce Lee shortly after I posted on RMR, and he
>>gave me the same message as you.  I didn't do it first, because the last
>>time I mailed to someone on the Triploi web page, I was to to contact
>>Bruce Kelly (and his E-mail doesn't work).  Previously, I always got a
>>membership renewel in the mail.  Since my certification (lev II) was not
>>forthcoming until I renewed, and my renewal didn't come, I was beginning
>>to have doubts about the viability of the system.  Before I send money,
>>I'd like to have an Idea if I will EVER see a new card.....my old one
>>will be no good after this month.  I will send money, but only if I have
>>a guarantee that I will get a new card.

Jack....I ALWAYS send out new cards (although right now I can only send
temp cards as I do not yet have permanent cards).  It may not be sent when
you feel it should.....but it will be sent.  I do not sit on any cards.

My job is to process new member apps and renewal apps, and then mail out
to each, their membership stuff and/or their card.  Sometimes it doesn't
get done in a timely manner........but it does get done!

Shelle

 
 
 

TRA renewal

Post by Bob Kapl » Thu, 13 Mar 1997 04:00:00


Quote:

> Well, it's mid-March and my TRA renewal form is nowhere in sight.  I
> expire (?) at the end of March, so Danville or Bong will be my last
> launch......

It serves you right for*** around the likes of me :-)

Quote:
> Jack

> ....unless I join NAR.......

--

        Bob Kaplow      NAR # 18L       TRA # "Abort, Retry, Fail?"

 
 
 

TRA renewal

Post by Richard Pitzerus » Thu, 13 Mar 1997 04:00:00


Quote:


> > Well, it's mid-March and my TRA renewal form is nowhere in sight.  I
> > expire (?) at the end of March, so Danville or Bong will be my last
> > launch......

> It serves you right for*** around the likes of me :-)

> > Jack

> > ....unless I join NAR.......

I just got my March renewal form in the mail yesterday.  You should be
getting yours soon I would imagine.

-Rich
--
----------------------------------------------
Richard Pitzeruse                   x-3711

Syracuse University               http://www.FoundCollection.com/~rmpitzer
----------------------------------------------

 
 
 

TRA renewal

Post by Mike Duma » Thu, 13 Mar 1997 04:00:00


...

Quote:
> My job is to process new member apps and renewal apps, and then mail out
> to each, their membership stuff and/or their card.  Sometimes it doesn't
> get done in a timely manner........but it does get done!

> Shelle

Hi Shelle,
        I recieved my temp card last week, in a very reasonable time frame,
thanks.

mike

 
 
 

TRA renewal

Post by Tommy Bisho » Fri, 14 Mar 1997 04:00:00


I received my renewal paperwork Tuesday 3-11-97. That's very timely in my
opinion.

Thanks Shelle

--
Tommy Bishop

T.R.A  #4433                          N.A.R.  #62290-SR
Tripoli North Texas                  Dallas Area Rocket Society

"No flames allowed. Keep fire away"


Quote:
> ...
> > My job is to process new member apps and renewal apps, and then mail
out
> > to each, their membership stuff and/or their card.  Sometimes it
doesn't
> > get done in a timely manner........but it does get done!

> > Shelle

> Hi Shelle,
>    I recieved my temp card last week, in a very reasonable time frame,
> thanks.