What exactly happens April 22nd?

What exactly happens April 22nd?

Post by FLyA on the PlaY » Mon, 19 Apr 2004 11:55:12



What ruling is being discussed? Is it a TRA/NAR interpretation or is
there something more official from the court coming down?

Serious questions. I'd like to see all APCP exempted.

FLyA

 
 
 

What exactly happens April 22nd?

Post by Jerry Irvin » Mon, 19 Apr 2004 12:42:49




Quote:
> What ruling is being discussed? Is it a TRA/NAR interpretation or is
> there something more official from the court coming down?

> Serious questions. I'd like to see all APCP exempted.

All APCP in PADS is already exempted. What do you want? Bomb making APCP
exempted too?

INTENDED USE.

Quote:

> FLyA

--
Jerry Irvine, Box 1242, Claremont, California 91711 USA

Please bring common sense back to rocketry administration.
Produce then publish.  http://www.usrockets.com
My articles valuable? Donate http://tinyurl.com/2hmgv

 
 
 

What exactly happens April 22nd?

Post by FLyA on the PlaY » Mon, 19 Apr 2004 12:55:57




Quote:
>All APCP in PADS is already exempted. What do you want? Bomb making APCP
>exempted too?

What's happening April 22nd? That's the question. Anyone besides the
resident fish want to take a stab at it?

FLyA on the PlaYA

 
 
 

What exactly happens April 22nd?

Post by RayDunak » Mon, 19 Apr 2004 13:08:58


<< What ruling is being discussed? Is it a TRA/NAR interpretation or is there
something more official from the court coming down? >>

I don't know exactly, all I know is that there is another hearing in court that
day. TRA/NAR won't have an official statement on the recent ruling until after
the hearing on the 22nd.

 
 
 

What exactly happens April 22nd?

Post by RayDunak » Mon, 19 Apr 2004 13:09:55


<< What do you want? Bomb making APCP exempted too? >>

Jerry, who makes bombs out of APCP?

 
 
 

What exactly happens April 22nd?

Post by Jim Chambe » Mon, 19 Apr 2004 13:49:18


On April 22 The new season of MXC on Spike TV at 10:00 est.

-------------------------------------
Jim Chambers
-------------
NAR  80299  L1
-------------------------------------
F.A.R.T.
Friendly American Rocket Technologies
Friendly American Rocket Team
---------------------------------
God............ Grant me the Senility
To Forget the People I never Liked,
The Good  Fortune to run into the
Ones I Do, and the Eyesight
To Tell  The Difference !
---------------------------------

 
 
 

What exactly happens April 22nd?

Post by Jerry Irvin » Mon, 19 Apr 2004 13:58:23



Quote:


> << What do you want? Bomb making APCP exempted too? >>

> Jerry, who makes bombs out of APCP?

The ATF itself.

http://www.space-rockets.com/arsanews.html#atfe2

Jerry

--
Jerry Irvine, Box 1242, Claremont, California 91711 USA

Please bring common sense back to rocketry administration.
Produce then publish.  http://www.usrockets.com
My articles valuable? Donate http://tinyurl.com/2hmgv

 
 
 

What exactly happens April 22nd?

Post by Jerry Irvin » Mon, 19 Apr 2004 14:00:21




Quote:



> > << What do you want? Bomb making APCP exempted too? >>

> > Jerry, who makes bombs out of APCP?

> The ATF itself.

> http://www.space-rockets.com/arsanews.html#atfe2

> Jerry

Notice how I give specific, on-topic, citeable answers. With actual
import.

Jerry

--
Jerry Irvine, Box 1242, Claremont, California 91711 USA

Please bring common sense back to rocketry administration.
Produce then publish.  http://www.usrockets.com
My articles valuable? Donate http://tinyurl.com/2hmgv

 
 
 

What exactly happens April 22nd?

Post by alma » Mon, 19 Apr 2004 17:15:03



Quote:
> On April 22 The new season of MXC on Spike TV at 10:00 est.

ROLF !
Quote:

> -------------------------------------
> Jim Chambers
> -------------
> NAR  80299  L1
> -------------------------------------
> F.A.R.T.
> Friendly American Rocket Technologies
> Friendly American Rocket Team
> ---------------------------------
> God............ Grant me the Senility
> To Forget the People I never Liked,
> The Good  Fortune to run into the
> Ones I Do, and the Eyesight
> To Tell  The Difference !
> ---------------------------------

 
 
 

What exactly happens April 22nd?

Post by alma » Mon, 19 Apr 2004 17:21:32



Quote:
> << What ruling is being discussed? Is it a TRA/NAR interpretation or is
there
> something more official from the court coming down? >>

> I don't know exactly, all I know is that there is another hearing in court
that
> day. TRA/NAR won't have an official statement on the recent ruling until
after
> the hearing on the 22nd.

Yes, and the BOT and BOD have both asked us members not to to make any snap
judgements in pubic until after the hoopla is over.
Then we can rant one way or the other.
 
 
 

What exactly happens April 22nd?

Post by Jerry Irvin » Mon, 19 Apr 2004 22:48:25



Quote:



> > << What ruling is being discussed? Is it a TRA/NAR interpretation or is
> there
> > something more official from the court coming down? >>

> > I don't know exactly, all I know is that there is another hearing in court
> that
> > day. TRA/NAR won't have an official statement on the recent ruling until
> after
> > the hearing on the 22nd.

> Yes, and the BOT and BOD have both asked us members not to to make any snap
> judgements in pubic until after the hoopla is over.
> Then we can rant one way or the other.

One thing we definitely know. The LAW has not changed for over 30 years.

The hoopla was --generated-- by NAR/TRA and that hoopla is what will
motivate ATF to make changes if they are made after over 30 years of
silence and tolerance.

If only they simply listened to Jerry. Literally. My positions are sooo
on the record.

--
Jerry Irvine, Box 1242, Claremont, California 91711 USA

Please bring common sense back to rocketry administration.
Produce then publish.  http://www.usrockets.com
My articles valuable? Donate http://tinyurl.com/2hmgv

 
 
 

What exactly happens April 22nd?

Post by Dave Grayvi » Mon, 19 Apr 2004 23:13:49


Quote:





>>><< What ruling is being discussed? Is it a TRA/NAR interpretation or is

>>there

>>>something more official from the court coming down? >>

>>>I don't know exactly, all I know is that there is another hearing in court

>>that

>>>day. TRA/NAR won't have an official statement on the recent ruling until

>>after

>>>the hearing on the 22nd.

>>Yes, and the BOT and BOD have both asked us members not to to make any snap
>>judgements in pubic until after the hoopla is over.
>>Then we can rant one way or the other.

> One thing we definitely know. The LAW has not changed for over 30 years.

> The hoopla was --generated-- by NAR/TRA and that hoopla is what will
> motivate ATF to make changes if they are made after over 30 years of
> silence and tolerance.

> If only they simply listened to Jerry. Literally. My positions are sooo
> on the record.

Put this on the record, What is ACS's current address?

Does ACS even have a business license?... I didn't think so.

 
 
 

What exactly happens April 22nd?

Post by David Weinshenke » Tue, 20 Apr 2004 00:29:56


Quote:

> Does ACS even have a business license?

Is ACS specifically _required_ (by anyone applicable) to have
a "business license"? Not everywhere _has_ business licenses,
and even those places that do issue them may have varying
thresholds for what qualifies for a licensing requirement.
(Do you have a security clearance for that electric skateboard?)

-dave w

 
 
 

What exactly happens April 22nd?

Post by W. E.Fred Wallac » Tue, 20 Apr 2004 02:17:32


Quote:


> > Does ACS even have a business license?

> Is ACS specifically _required_ (by anyone applicable) to have
> a "business license"? Not everywhere _has_ business licenses,
> and even those places that do issue them may have varying
> thresholds for what qualifies for a licensing requirement.
> (Do you have a security clearance for that electric skateboard?)

> -dave w

They are in Kaylafornia.... for dem rocket motors jerry has
stashed..:)
 
 
 

What exactly happens April 22nd?

Post by RayDunak » Tue, 20 Apr 2004 02:26:20


<< One thing we definitely know. The LAW has not changed for over 30 years. >>

No, but the ATF's interpretation of it has changed, just as other agencies
change interpretations of their regs from time to time.

<< The hoopla was --generated-- by NAR/TRA and that hoopla is what will
motivate ATF to make changes if they are made after over 30 years of silence
and tolerance. >>

Bull. The ATF saw the hobby growing and decided they had to be "proactive" and
nip it in the bud. That's on the record -- check InfoCentral at ROL.