Whatever happened to the scrapbox swap?

Whatever happened to the scrapbox swap?

Post by mld.. » Sun, 31 Jul 2005 15:24:28



I joined in January eager to hit my three months so I could join an
upcoming scrapbox swap. It appears on the newsgroup that the last round
has ended and yet I've seen no signup and no suggestion of a future
scrapbox swap. I must ask whatever happened to the scrapbox swap? I
wanna be on the list.  Thanks.

Melissa in Seattle
Pages in 2005 = 126

 
 
 

Whatever happened to the scrapbox swap?

Post by Katri » Mon, 01 Aug 2005 04:55:53


I don't know how often it goes around. I know it took it quite awhile
last time. It's definitly not cheap to ship either, so brace yourself
for that too, if you get the chance to have it.

Susan in FL is the scrapbox mom. I'm not sure if she still reads the ng.
I know I haven't seen her post in forever. Maybe she'll see this and
reply.

Katrina in KS

 
 
 

Whatever happened to the scrapbox swap?

Post by PH » Mon, 01 Aug 2005 10:53:28


I don't think Susan is able to access the group.  She's been dealing with a
lot of life stuff lately.  Next time I talk to her I'll ask her about it and
post back.

PH


Quote:
>I don't know how often it goes around. I know it took it quite awhile
> last time. It's definitly not cheap to ship either, so brace yourself
> for that too, if you get the chance to have it.

> Susan in FL is the scrapbox mom. I'm not sure if she still reads the ng.
> I know I haven't seen her post in forever. Maybe she'll see this and
> reply.

> Katrina in KS

 
 
 

Whatever happened to the scrapbox swap?

Post by mld.. » Mon, 01 Aug 2005 15:27:02


All I know is that it appears that it has ended because the reports of
it's travels ended months ago. So if anyone has an idea, let me know.
I'll keep checking back. I've got a ton of stuff to contribute and am
eager to receive.
 
 
 

Whatever happened to the scrapbox swap?

Post by Jessic » Tue, 02 Aug 2005 03:59:21


Susan was the Scrapbox mommy - she was the one in charge, so it's
likely she's the one who has it, and just hasn't been able to start
another round.

So - Susan - if you're lurking - we are wishing you well!!!   Life can
get in the way sometimes.  :)

 
 
 

Whatever happened to the scrapbox swap?

Post by M-C » Tue, 02 Aug 2005 06:21:10


Susan and I have been in touch over the scrapbox.  Susan is having problems
accessing the ng.  The scrapbox is on it's way to me.  It should be here
early next week and I was waiting to get it and see it before posting
anything to the group. But oh well, you guys beat me to it!

The shape of the contents of the scrapbox were a surprise to me and Susan,
since the last time it left Little Rock it went out with nothing but new
stuff, thanks to Susan, Deb, myself and a couple of other people.  I know I
put 200 sheets of paper in there at least 1/4 of which was 12x12 bazzill
cardstock. Once I see what shape it is in, Susan mentionned that it came
back with a lot of old tired stuff in it, then we will be faced with a
choice either to stop having a scrapbox, or for everyone who wants in, to
give a donation of "good new stuff" to start it off.

Once I look at what's there, I'll let everyone know what we need to do if we
want another round of the scrapbox.  So I'll be the scrapbox mom for this
round, and Theresa, Mommy Razz has already agreed to be the mom for the next
round so she will get the scrapbox last this round, if of course there is a
round!

The rules for the scrapbox are on the website under swaps and current swaps.

M-C


Quote:
> I joined in January eager to hit my three months so I could join an
> upcoming scrapbox swap. It appears on the newsgroup that the last round
> has ended and yet I've seen no signup and no suggestion of a future
> scrapbox swap. I must ask whatever happened to the scrapbox swap? I
> wanna be on the list.  Thanks.

> Melissa in Seattle
> Pages in 2005 = 126

 
 
 

Whatever happened to the scrapbox swap?

Post by JennP » Wed, 03 Aug 2005 02:31:04


Quote:

> The shape of the contents of the scrapbox were a surprise to me and Susan,
> since the last time it left Little Rock it went out with nothing but new
> stuff, thanks to Susan, Deb, myself and a couple of other people.  I know I
> put 200 sheets of paper in there at least 1/4 of which was 12x12 bazzill
> cardstock. Once I see what shape it is in, Susan mentionned that it came
> back with a lot of old tired stuff in it, then we will be faced with a
> choice either to stop having a scrapbox, or for everyone who wants in, to
> give a donation of "good new stuff" to start it off.

This was the problem when I did the scrapbox a little over a year ago.
I was the last person to get it and there was absolutely nothing in it.
I don't think I swapped for anything. I was moving and loaded it up
with a bunch of stuff for the next round anyway. I was very
dissapointed. I mean, there was *yarn* and stickers that looked like
bumper stickers. How can you justify taking bazzil cardstock and
replace it with yarn, lol? I decided to bow out of the next one.

JennP.

 
 
 

Whatever happened to the scrapbox swap?

Post by OKC Da » Wed, 03 Aug 2005 10:07:20


I think the scrapbox had its heyday and those that were on the end of
the list were the ones that were rather shortchanged.

A lot that was in/ or went into it could very easily be done in swaps or
RAKs even. it would as someone mentioned too be MUCH cheaper to mail. As
far as leftovers that we all tend to have, periodically there pops up
someone or something somewhere that needs supplies do you could donate
your unwanted paper that way.

I try to keep mine weeded out by keeping my ear out who likes what and
then RAK them with it. That has been very gratifying to me and the
receiver!!

Just my thoughts as I have heard more bad than good over it in the 2-1/2
years i have been here now.

37 for 05
2 cards

OKC Dave

http://community.webshots.com/user/dspiketoo

 
 
 

Whatever happened to the scrapbox swap?

Post by Jessic » Thu, 04 Aug 2005 01:28:46


Oh, and I'd be happy to contribute to "re-charging" it too.

Jessica

 
 
 

Whatever happened to the scrapbox swap?

Post by Jessic » Thu, 04 Aug 2005 01:28:11


I only participated once - this last round.  My experience was good -
yeah there was some less interesting stuff, but most of it was good.  I
know I really tried to make sure I put in equally if not better than
what I got - although since I am new to embellishments other than
stickers, I mostly added paper and stickers.

I was about mid swap I beleive.

I would love to participate again - maybe we should make it a smaller
box though?   It was a LOT to go through.  Smaller ins and outs may
mean better stuff so we're not scrambling to keep it as full.  And that
way, we can also keep shipping down.   Just a thought.

So - I vote let's give it another try!  

Jessica

 
 
 

Whatever happened to the scrapbox swap?

Post by Sabri » Thu, 04 Aug 2005 01:49:31


I participated once and was rather disappointed bcause I was one of the
last ones and I only found  a few things that I could use. I found the
cost of sending the box exceeded what I kept. I only put in
unused,tip top condition items that  I had acquired thru crops, prizes
etc. I even bought new paper to put in. I agree with Dave about cheaper
to send RAKs and just swaps.

Hugs,
Sabrina in Kentucky

a good friend is a life long treasure