OT: Craft Journal

OT: Craft Journal

Post by Lacey Mullin » Tue, 26 Apr 2005 22:11:12



I dont remember if it was this group or another, but did/does anyone
make/have a craft journal? Its like a journal or a log you keep of all the
craft stuff you have done. (ie-felt ornaments, cross stitchings, etc)

Any help is appreciated... I'd like to make one, mainly because I have so
many cross stitchings that I've done, that I'd like to find someplace to
keep all the info/my finished design together.

Lacey

 
 
 

OT: Craft Journal

Post by a-scrapbooking-div » Tue, 26 Apr 2005 22:49:37


HI Lacey,

I do keep a craft log especially with my scrapbooking/cardmaking that I
may or may not want to enter for publication.  It also keeps a record,
for me at least, of the supplies I used and how many I used for a
creation.

I have to mention that before this group, I never kept a record of what
supplies I used for a layout or card but now I can't live without it.

Hugs,
Kate

 
 
 

OT: Craft Journal

Post by King's Crow » Tue, 26 Apr 2005 23:12:57


I have a friend that uses a 6X6 album and takes pictures of crafts she's
done.  I have a cake decorating album, but it's only an album that I slip a
photo into.  Some day I may actually scrapbook that photos.

Lynne


Quote:
>I dont remember if it was this group or another, but did/does anyone
> make/have a craft journal? Its like a journal or a log you keep of all the
> craft stuff you have done. (ie-felt ornaments, cross stitchings, etc)

> Any help is appreciated... I'd like to make one, mainly because I have so
> many cross stitchings that I've done, that I'd like to find someplace to
> keep all the info/my finished design together.

> Lacey

 
 
 

OT: Craft Journal

Post by M-C » Tue, 26 Apr 2005 23:44:51


I have an album of all the teddy bears I've made.

M-C


Quote:
> I dont remember if it was this group or another, but did/does anyone
> make/have a craft journal? Its like a journal or a log you keep of all the
> craft stuff you have done. (ie-felt ornaments, cross stitchings, etc)

> Any help is appreciated... I'd like to make one, mainly because I have so
> many cross stitchings that I've done, that I'd like to find someplace to
> keep all the info/my finished design together.

> Lacey

 
 
 

OT: Craft Journal

Post by Gina Bul » Wed, 27 Apr 2005 01:50:44


I scan most of my cards and keep the images them in folders (computer)
by season. After I've spent so much effort making one, I want some
record of it so I can revisit it after I've sent it to someone. That
also serves as a record of what embellishments I've used, designs,
papers, etc.

(I've gotten picky about who I'll send my cards to -- I'd be annoyed if
I thought the recipient would just toss one out with the junk mail.) :-)

Gina

 
 
 

OT: Craft Journal

Post by Sand » Wed, 27 Apr 2005 02:32:25


The lady that did my daughter's wedding cake requested a picture of my
daughter in her wedding dress with the cake for her album. I thought that
was a neat idea.
Sandy


Quote:
>I have a friend that uses a 6X6 album and takes pictures of crafts she's
>done.  I have a cake decorating album, but it's only an album that I slip a
>photo into.  Some day I may actually scrapbook that photos.

> Lynne



>>I dont remember if it was this group or another, but did/does anyone
>> make/have a craft journal? Its like a journal or a log you keep of all
>> the
>> craft stuff you have done. (ie-felt ornaments, cross stitchings, etc)

>> Any help is appreciated... I'd like to make one, mainly because I have so
>> many cross stitchings that I've done, that I'd like to find someplace to
>> keep all the info/my finished design together.

>> Lacey

 
 
 

OT: Craft Journal

Post by Linda » Wed, 27 Apr 2005 05:09:52


  I am a cake decorator in my job and at home, and I take pics of all
my wedding cakes and keep them in a "regular" album. I like that idea
of having the bride with the cake in the picture.That is a wonderful
way to remember who you made the cake for, too! I'll  have to remember
that the next time I do a wedding cake!
I have also taken some pictures of other crafts I have made. I have
done cross stitching, and painted wooden crafts, and dressed up bears,
to name a few.
Linda C

Quote:

> The lady that did my daughter's wedding cake requested a picture of
my
> daughter in her wedding dress with the cake for her album. I thought
that
> was a neat idea.
> Sandy



> >I have a friend that uses a 6X6 album and takes pictures of crafts
she's
> >done.  I have a cake decorating album, but it's only an album that I
slip a
> >photo into.  Some day I may actually scrapbook that photos.

 
 
 

OT: Craft Journal

Post by Amy in Springbor » Wed, 27 Apr 2005 05:10:46


Hi Lacey,
I have a scrapbooking journal but it is more for me to jot down LO
ideas, technique instructions, and tips.  For the recipe swap, I
sketched the LO in my journal before I started putting things together.

Take care!
-- Amy

 
 
 

OT: Craft Journal

Post by Cath » Wed, 27 Apr 2005 08:28:20


I don't have a craft journal as such. I just have a file with pictures of
the things that I have made. Now that I'm scrapbooking, it would be a great
time to put them all together in a book! Sounds like a summer project to me.
--
Cathy
So. California
http://photos.yahoo.com/rusks
2005 Pages: 56


Quote:
>I dont remember if it was this group or another, but did/does anyone
> make/have a craft journal? Its like a journal or a log you keep of all the
> craft stuff you have done. (ie-felt ornaments, cross stitchings, etc)

> Any help is appreciated... I'd like to make one, mainly because I have so
> many cross stitchings that I've done, that I'd like to find someplace to
> keep all the info/my finished design together.

> Lacey