MTH Z4000 - Comments re. Operation

MTH Z4000 - Comments re. Operation

Post by Joe Kapalk » Mon, 13 Apr 1998 04:00:00



Has anyone had a chance to try the new MTH Z4000 Transformer yet?
I just picked one up yesterday, and I'm having a hell of a time getting
it to operate QSI equipped engines.
I sent a few E-Mails to MTH this morning describing the problems I'm
having, and I expect to hear from them tomorrow morning with
explanations/solutions.
I'm wondering if it's just me not understanding the instructions, or
what!?
Any experience or comments?????

Joe

 
 
 

MTH Z4000 - Comments re. Operation

Post by Jeff Rompal » Tue, 14 Apr 1998 04:00:00


OH NO!!!!  What engines is it with?  I have been in constant contact
with them and MTH swore it would operate all of their engines.

Jeff

Quote:

> Has anyone had a chance to try the new MTH Z4000 Transformer yet?
> I


 
 
 

MTH Z4000 - Comments re. Operation

Post by Duniv » Sat, 18 Apr 1998 04:00:00


I might suggest reading the transformer manual and resetting your options to
default.  Also you could check and make sure that the engine is not locked in
the neutral position.  I have many era MTH with QSI and the transformer works
flawlessly.

 
 
 

MTH Z4000 - Comments re. Operation

Post by Gary » Wed, 22 Apr 1998 04:00:00


Does the Z-4000 make it easier to program the protosounds

 
 
 

MTH Z4000 - Comments re. Operation

Post by Kevin L. Shelt » Wed, 06 May 1998 04:00:00


Quote:

> Does the Z-4000 make it easier to program the protosounds

From what I've seen the Z-4000 makes it a LOT easier to program
ProtoSound functions. Simply press the program button, use the up and
down buttons to select the function number you want to program, and hit
the select button; the transformer does the rest. No more moving the
throttle back and forth from high to low voltage and counting clinks and
clanks.
--
The Western Depot invites you to visit its web site at
http://www.westerndepot.com/
 
 
 

MTH Z4000 - Comments re. Operation

Post by Paul S. Geor » Wed, 06 May 1998 04:00:00



Quote:


>> Does the Z-4000 make it easier to program the protosounds

>From what I've seen the Z-4000 makes it a LOT easier to program
>ProtoSound functions. Simply press the program button, use the up and
>down buttons to select the function number you want to program, and hit
>the select button; the transformer does the rest. No more moving the
>throttle back and forth from high to low voltage and counting clinks and
>clanks.

What would be nice is a list of the sounds available for the different
function numbers.  It's still pretty much hit or miss for me.