Any success with the Heli-Max Governor?

Any success with the Heli-Max Governor?

Post by Richard M. Alfor » Wed, 16 Feb 2000 04:00:00



I have not had any luck getting the Heli-Max Governor to govern!  Has
anyone been successful?  Response from Heli-max support has been less
than impressive.

Don't need to suggest the Futaba GV-1.  If I could return the Heli-max I
would spring for the extra $65.  Haven't heard anything but good about
it.

Cheers,

rma

 
 
 

Any success with the Heli-Max Governor?

Post by FlyBar0 » Wed, 16 Feb 2000 04:00:00


Quote:
>I have not had any luck getting the Heli-Max Governor to govern!  Has
>anyone been successful?  Response from Heli-max support has been less
>than impressive.

>Don't need to suggest the Futaba GV-1.  If I could return the Heli-max I
>would spring for the extra $65.  Haven't heard anything but good about
>it.

>Cheers,

One word: CRAP!

 
 
 

Any success with the Heli-Max Governor?

Post by Robert C. Haa » Wed, 16 Feb 2000 04:00:00


Quote:
> One word: CRAP!

ooof.  I have one too, haven't tried it yet but i'm concerned given the
experience my friend has had with his.  Could you be a little more specific?

Robbie Haas

 
 
 

Any success with the Heli-Max Governor?

Post by FlyBar0 » Thu, 17 Feb 2000 04:00:00


Quote:
>ooof.  I have one too, haven't tried it yet but i'm concerned given the
>experience my friend has had with his.  Could you be a little more specific?

>Robbie Haas

Sure. Mine lasted less than a month. Sent it back for warranty repair and they
sent back another that didn't work either. Sent that one back and was told that
parts were back ordered. Tower did refund my money though.
 
 
 

Any success with the Heli-Max Governor?

Post by Robert C. Haa » Sat, 19 Feb 2000 04:00:00


Has anybody had a good experience???

Why are these things still on the market???

Robbie Haas


Quote:
> Mine is also a junker, when it does try to govern it surges like crazy !!

> --
> AMA 622357
> IRCHA 1478
> ICQ 63605077


> > I have not had any luck getting the Heli-Max Governor to govern!  Has
> > anyone been successful?  Response from Heli-max support has been less
> > than impressive.

> > Don't need to suggest the Futaba GV-1.  If I could return the Heli-max I
> > would spring for the extra $65.  Haven't heard anything but good about
> > it.

> > Cheers,

> > rma

 
 
 

Any success with the Heli-Max Governor?

Post by v1rot.. » Mon, 21 Feb 2000 04:00:00




Quote:
> Has anybody had a good experience???

> Why are these things still on the market???

> Robbie Haas


message


hlink.net...
Quote:
> > Mine is also a junker, when it does try to

govern it surges like crazy !!
Quote:

> > --
> > AMA 622357
> > IRCHA 1478
> > ICQ 63605077
> > Richard M. Alford



...
Quote:
> > > I have not had any luck getting the Heli-Max

Governor to govern!  Has
Quote:
> > > anyone been successful?  Response from

Heli-max support has been less
Quote:
> > > than impressive.

> > > Don't need to suggest the Futaba GV-1.  If I

could return the Heli-max I
Quote:
> > > would spring for the extra $65.  Haven't

heard anything but good about
Quote:
> > > it.

> > > Cheers,

> > > rma

> Mine sucks too. Surges like mad. Even tried a

high speed servo on throttle. No luck. E mailed
them, and they said send it back. Don't think I'll
get a refund, so I may not bother. I quote...
Thank you for your recent e-mail.
Please ship your product to:

Hobby Services
1610 Interstate Drive
Champaign IL  61822

with a brief letter describing the problem you
have had and include your proof of
purchase and a copy of your receipt from purchase.
 Our staff will inspect your
product and will notify you regarding their
findings.  If it is found to be a
warranty defect, the product will be repaired or
replaced at our option at no cost
to you.  If it is not a failure covered under
warranty, you will be notified of your
options for return, repair or replacement.  Thank
you for your patience and, of
course, your business.
I hope this information has been helpful.
If you have any further questions feel freet to
contact us at

Or visit us on the web at www.kyosho.com

Thank You
Sam
Kyosho Helicopter Support

Rotsa ruck.
Dan

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

 
 
 

Any success with the Heli-Max Governor?

Post by Rotor Tille » Tue, 22 Feb 2000 04:00:00


I beg to differ....the first time I tried mine it hunted like crazy. Then I
richened up the mixture and all worked fine. I wasted but five minutes with
the OS46. If you have say a TT engine or something carburated strangely I
don't know what you can do. Sometimes people should not be allowed near
things that require tweaking....and there is always a better product, no
doubt. My point was to get people up and running if possible and not to
debate one product over another. Whether you think it is shitty or not
there are HM units functioning correctly. It is pretty hard to quess
everyone's exhaust, engine, mixture, headspeed setup...and if you are rigid
in these
parameters and unwilling to make changes you are better off getting
something else. ....rather than trying to get it to work. I can only offer
help but anybody can be a cry baby.

                                                        RT


Quote:
> Mixture has no effect on it, I dont think you should have to waste hours
and
> hours setting up something like this. I put a GV-1 in and it worked right
> from the get go, without the shitty setup and poor performance like the
> Helimax has.

> Should have got the GV-1 from the start...

> Craig

> --
> AMA 622357
> IRCHA 1478
> ICQ 63605077


> > First...why don't you try making the mixture richer. If you get in an
rpm
> > band where the pipe is coming up on resonance it will cause
> > problems.....change the rotor rpm. The GV-1 can also have similar
problems
> > resonance. If you have the idle up set too low it will cut in and out
with
> > different throttle positions. If you have any mixing of the aux channel
it
> > is plugged into it ain't going to work right. If you have an engine
with a
> > lean spot like the OS 46 when the collective is lowered it will have to
be
> > run richer than you are used to. What happens is that when the engine
> > surges the governor tries to compensate, but since the rate is in
> resonance
> > with the engine response frequency you will see hunting or torsional
> > oscillations. I've had good luck with the OS46 and this governor but
the
> > GV-1 is better. I wouldn't be tossing in the towel yet if I were you
until
> > you've tried the richer mixture.

> > RT



> > > Mine is also a junker, when it does try to govern it surges like
crazy
> !!

> > > --
> > > AMA 622357
> > > IRCHA 1478
> > > ICQ 63605077


> > > > I have not had any luck getting the Heli-Max Governor to govern!
Has
> > > > anyone been successful?  Response from Heli-max support has been
less
> > > > than impressive.

> > > > Don't need to suggest the Futaba GV-1.  If I could return the
Heli-max
> > I
> > > > would spring for the extra $65.  Haven't heard anything but good
about
> > > > it.

> > > > Cheers,

> > > > rma

 
 
 

Any success with the Heli-Max Governor?

Post by Richard M. Alfor » Wed, 23 Feb 2000 04:00:00




Quote:
> I beg to differ....the first time I tried mine it hunted like crazy. Then I
> richened up the mixture and all worked fine. I wasted but five minutes with
> the OS46. If you have say a TT engine or something carburated strangely I
> don't know what you can do. Sometimes people should not be allowed near
> things that require tweaking....and there is always a better product, no
> doubt. My point was to get people up and running if possible and not to
> debate one product over another. Whether you think it is shitty or not
> there are HM units functioning correctly. It is pretty hard to quess
> everyone's exhaust, engine, mixture, headspeed setup...and if you are rigid
> in these
> parameters and unwilling to make changes you are better off getting
> something else. ....rather than trying to get it to work. I can only offer
> help but anybody can be a cry baby.

>                                                    RT


> > Mixture has no effect on it, I dont think you should have to waste hours
> and
> > hours setting up something like this. I put a GV-1 in and it worked right
> > from the get go, without the shitty setup and poor performance like the
> > Helimax has.

> > Should have got the GV-1 from the start...

> > Craig

> > --
> > AMA 622357

Having already identified yourself as a pedantantic foul mouthed jerk.  
Why dont you give it a break?

- Show quoted text -

Quote:
> > IRCHA 1478
> > ICQ 63605077


> > > First...why don't you try making the mixture richer. If you get in an
> rpm
> > > band where the pipe is coming up on resonance it will cause
> > > problems.....change the rotor rpm. The GV-1 can also have similar
> problems
> > > resonance. If you have the idle up set too low it will cut in and out
> with
> > > different throttle positions. If you have any mixing of the aux channel
> it
> > > is plugged into it ain't going to work right. If you have an engine
> with a
> > > lean spot like the OS 46 when the collective is lowered it will have to
> be
> > > run richer than you are used to. What happens is that when the engine
> > > surges the governor tries to compensate, but since the rate is in
> > resonance
> > > with the engine response frequency you will see hunting or torsional

 
 
 

Any success with the Heli-Max Governor?

Post by Rotor Tille » Wed, 23 Feb 2000 04:00:00


If helping out is you defination of foul mouthed well then you don't really
know any fine dirty words. Defination of dirty words...."may offend narrow
minded people"

                                        RT

Quote:
> > > --
> > > AMA 622357

> Having already identified yourself as a pedantantic foul mouthed jerk.  
> Why dont you give it a break?

> > > IRCHA 1478