noises! help help!!!!!

noises! help help!!!!!

Post by Mr Mago » Sun, 19 Aug 2001 16:03:52



ok.. its me again... ive worked out the starting problem... it was a switch
on the radio that had locked the throttle!! so the mixture is set!! phew!!

now for the major problem!!!

i was starting up the heli, it started and kept powering up!! argh!!
my initial reaction was too stop the rotat spinning until i reached for the
transmitter to kill the engine!! that was successful without injury..

i started it up again and it was idling nicely, with the rotars just
starting to spin... i thought id play with the tail rotar control on the tx!

nows the problem, when i moved the control, the rear rotar stopped spinning
and the heli made a "grinding" noise!! what the f__k could i have done????

help help help

 
 
 

noises! help help!!!!!

Post by Timothy Morri » Sun, 19 Aug 2001 17:55:31


Quote:


> >ok.. its me again... ive worked out the starting problem... it was a
switch
> >on the radio that had locked the throttle!! so the mixture is set!!
phew!!

Shall I say it again? - JOIN A CLUB

Tim.

 
 
 

noises! help help!!!!!

Post by Timothy Morri » Sun, 19 Aug 2001 20:33:09



Quote:
> On Sat, 18 Aug 2001 09:55:31 +0100, "Timothy Morris"

> This just does not help people Tim.
> What if he has joined a club
> This takes time.
> You sat there looking at your Heli for 2 weeks before getting to the
> club ? no I didn't think so.

No it doesn't, I phoned up one day, arranged a visit, joined the same day.
I've already posted that I made very slow progress going along on my own,
with lots of help from this forum. Joining a club has accellerated that
progress massively.

It doesn't have to be a formal club, Beavis for example, flies with a group
of friends that help each other out - there are several areas of public land
around here where heli fliers are allowed, in those early stages where
dangerous things can happen (and it seems that the original poster has only
narrowly missed danger with a throttle that was stuck closed - imagine what
could have happened if it was stuck open), the benefit of a little
experience, while not essential, will help massively.

When you are first starting out in helis, there is a lot to learn. Something
like engines is very easy to impart when you are there, but very difficult
to describe over the Internet. At a club (or public field), someone will
just wander over and be able to help with the adjustment process.

You've been involved with helis for five minutes, are handing out advice,
while ignoring that of people who are far more experience (and I don't
include myself there - in terms of hours flown I am still relatively new to
helis). Have you bought Ray's Manual yet?

People like you come and go on a regular basis, anyone remember Bob Cardone?

Tim.

 
 
 

noises! help help!!!!!

Post by warfer6 » Sun, 19 Aug 2001 21:37:57


You've been involved with helis for five minutes, are handing out advice,
while ignoring that of people who are far more experience (and I don't
include myself there - in terms of hours flown I am still relatively new to
helis). Have you bought Ray's Manual yet?

Tim
I'd like to know who has replied here far more experienced,that has been
ignored,apart from u ,myself and dave.
If a bloke has 5 minutes under his belt,surely he has to know more than a
bloke with 1 minute !   ~(*-)

 Have you bought Ray's Manual yet?

Most of the boy's at the club hav started without the RAY'S manual,normally
people buy this book for extra reading as far as ive understood it !I really
dont see the relevence to daves reply.Its not the be all and end all
(although it can help)

in terms of hours flown I am still relatively new to

Quote:
> helis

Your having a go at dave  and  doing exactly the same thing,but i hav said
this to you before !


Quote:



> > On Sat, 18 Aug 2001 09:55:31 +0100, "Timothy Morris"

> > This just does not help people Tim.
> > What if he has joined a club
> > This takes time.
> > You sat there looking at your Heli for 2 weeks before getting to the
> > club ? no I didn't think so.

> No it doesn't, I phoned up one day, arranged a visit, joined the same day.
> I've already posted that I made very slow progress going along on my own,
> with lots of help from this forum. Joining a club has accellerated that
> progress massively.

> It doesn't have to be a formal club, Beavis for example, flies with a
group
> of friends that help each other out - there are several areas of public
land
> around here where heli fliers are allowed, in those early stages where
> dangerous things can happen (and it seems that the original poster has
only
> narrowly missed danger with a throttle that was stuck closed - imagine
what
> could have happened if it was stuck open), the benefit of a little
> experience, while not essential, will help massively.

> When you are first starting out in helis, there is a lot to learn.
Something
> like engines is very easy to impart when you are there, but very difficult
> to describe over the Internet. At a club (or public field), someone will
> just wander over and be able to help with the adjustment process.

> You've been involved with helis for five minutes, are handing out advice,
> while ignoring that of people who are far more experience (and I don't
> include myself there - in terms of hours flown I am still relatively new
to
> helis). Have you bought Ray's Manual yet?

> People like you come and go on a regular basis, anyone remember Bob
Cardone?

> Tim.

 
 
 

noises! help help!!!!!

Post by Timothy Morri » Mon, 20 Aug 2001 00:44:18



Quote:
> On Sat, 18 Aug 2001 12:33:09 +0100, "Timothy Morris"



> >> On Sat, 18 Aug 2001 09:55:31 +0100, "Timothy Morris"

> >> This just does not help people Tim.
> >> What if he has joined a club
> >> This takes time.
> >> You sat there looking at your Heli for 2 weeks before getting to the
> >> club ? no I didn't think so.

> >No it doesn't, I phoned up one day, arranged a visit, joined the same
day.

> Well that contradicts the last post somewhat doesn't it.

Explain why it contradicts it?

Quote:

> >I've already posted that I made very slow progress going along on my own,
> >with lots of help from this forum. Joining a club has accellerated that
> >progress massively.

> I don't disagree but in short of the above occuring the day you get
> your Heli you need answers that go beyond wait till someone esle shows
> you.

What you fail to be taking into account, is that these things can main or
even worse, kill - it is sound advice to enlist the help of someone more
experienced to start off with (I had a one hour lesson provided by the shop
where I bought my first heli).

- Show quoted text -

Quote:

> >It doesn't have to be a formal club, Beavis for example, flies with a
group
> >of friends that help each other out - there are several areas of public
land
> >around here where heli fliers are allowed, in those early stages where
> >dangerous things can happen (and it seems that the original poster has
only
> >narrowly missed danger with a throttle that was stuck closed - imagine
what
> >could have happened if it was stuck open), the benefit of a little
> >experience, while not essential, will help massively.

> I don't agree but it depends on where you come from.
> For me the primary reason in being in a club is its affiliation with
> the national controlling body facilitates insurance and belonging to
> the formal organization I can stay in touch with the latest rules,
> regs and general goings on, I don't see it as an easy way to get help
> though, even though I know I may.
> I may meet people there but do not expect everyone there to be my
> friend or help me with my Heli, although it may happen with some.

I don't know where this attitude has come from. The whole point of a club is
that you are in it together, I haven't heard of any club where the members
aren't willing and able to help each other. Perhaps it is your attitude that
is the problem.

Quote:

> It is up to every individual to do at least some effort to familiarise
> themselves with the basics so they are not wasting other peoples time
> at the field asking forehead smacking questions.
> There are a veritably bevy of web sites written by experienced fliers
> to obtain such information and no need for people like me or Mr Mgoo
> to be flying off un-informed and at our peril.
> It not like the club is the ONLY source of info.
> This group is one such place.

I'm more than happy to answer forehead smacking questions if it means an out
of control heli isn't going to be flying at me. I answered several
yesterday.

- Show quoted text -

Quote:

> >When you are first starting out in helis, there is a lot to learn.
Something
> >like engines is very easy to impart when you are there, but very
difficult
> >to describe over the Internet. At a club (or public field), someone will
> >just wander over and be able to help with the adjustment process.

> Yes this is "handy" but being forced to make descriptions can impart
> more information to allow one to attempt it on their own later (even
> if only mildly informed) as opposed to someone tweaking it and
> uttering a brief explanation of what they did.
> After training the 100th person I would estimate like I say they have
> better things to do and since everyone here has all the time in the
> world to discuss and help newbies like me and MGoo, then why not.

Where do you get this attitude from? Any club would welcome newbies and
understand that they'll need to go through helis 101 before moving on to
more advanced topics.

Quote:

> >You've been involved with helis for five minutes,

> 3 weeks actually and flown daily and this is not rocket science or
> space travel.
> You may have struggled but I am doing nicely thanks

Hovering inverted yet? I did yesterday, admittedly with someone on a buddy
lead who was there to catch it if it went***up - difficult to do if you
are flying on your own.

- Show quoted text -

Quote:

> >are handing out advice,

> >while ignoring that of people who are far more experience

> I have not answered in ignorance of advice given by others nor in
> opposition to it.
> You are mistaken.
> If you are not then show me the thread and quote in which I have
> claimed to know better than advice expressed here by others.
> And I mean "advice" not "opinion".

> > (and I don't
> >include myself there - in terms of hours flown I am still relatively new
to
> >helis). Have you bought Ray's Manual yet?

> 2 hrs on the internet and most average IQ with the help of google.com
> could find rehashes if his very same advice at a host of web sites.
> The information on the Net could probably fill ten of Rays books and
> only cost me the time to look it up.
> You have a computer and internet access, why buy a book.

Because of the depth of information in there. It was suggested in a previous
thread that you buy the book, and your response was that you already had one
question answered. I have 5 books on helis sitting on the shelf behind me
and I have read every one cover to cover. That's the advice you need. You
can get superficial advice from the Internet, but if you want to learn more
detail about a subject then really you need to read more.

Quote:

> >People like you come and go on a regular basis,

> So does the sun and the moon
> Your point is ?

The point is, in the last three years we've had numerous opinionated newbies
like you who only listen when they're told what they want to hear, in in the
end they disappear. There are those of us who've been participating here for
a number of years, and will be here for a number of years to come, helping
out newbies with sound tried and tested advice, rather than something we
discovered last week.

Quote:

> >anyone remember Bob Cardone?

> As I recall this issue is between you and I, why attract other to this
> issue ?

I think the phrase you are looking for is "you and me". Preposition - dative

Quote:
> Admit it Tim, your a rude bastard and not welcoming to new arrivals at

again it should be you're - short for you are. I don't own a "rude bastard".
I'm more than happy to help newbies, I just don't like opinionated
arseholes. Guess which you are.

Tim.

 
 
 

noises! help help!!!!!

Post by Timothy Morri » Mon, 20 Aug 2001 00:54:51



Quote:
> You've been involved with helis for five minutes, are handing out advice,
> while ignoring that of people who are far more experience (and I don't
> include myself there - in terms of hours flown I am still relatively new
to
> helis). Have you bought Ray's Manual yet?

> Tim
> I'd like to know who has replied here far more experienced,that has been
> ignored,apart from u ,myself and dave.
> If a bloke has 5 minutes under his belt,surely he has to know more than a
> bloke with 1 minute !   ~(*-)

>  Have you bought Ray's Manual yet?

> Most of the boy's at the club hav started without the RAY'S
manual,normally
> people buy this book for extra reading as far as ive understood it !I
really
> dont see the relevence to daves reply.Its not the be all and end all
> (although it can help)

> in terms of hours flown I am still relatively new to
> > helis

> Your having a go at dave  and  doing exactly the same thing,but i hav said
> this to you before !

No, you haven't. You had a go at me, because I found it difficult to read
your badly written posts!

Has the "e" broken on your computer? Both hav and I'v should really have an
e on the end of them.

In terms of "hours flown" relatively new to helis - compared to RT, Beavis,
and Peter Wales, Martin Armistead, and many others who populate this list.
I've had a heli for three years, am very well read, and take the bulk my
advice from three quarters - Beavis, because if I didn't he'd shout at me,
Budd Boulton at Quick UK, because he designs helicopters and upgrade parts
for a living so he knows how they should go together and work, and Dave
Fisher, UK F3C team manager, and full time model flying instructor. I have
not managed to fly as much as I'd like through not being able to get out due
to illness, but I have learned a shed load about them in those three years.

I was having a go at Dave, because it was suggested that after a few newbie
questions that he buy Ray's Manual, and his response was "Why should I, my
question has been answered"

Tim.

 
 
 

noises! help help!!!!!

Post by Dragon Slaye » Mon, 20 Aug 2001 06:29:58


Quote:
>Have you bought Ray's Manual yet?

I have not,,,,,,,,so does that make me a "Newbie"????
 
 
 

noises! help help!!!!!

Post by warfer6 » Mon, 20 Aug 2001 11:30:04


No, you haven't. You had a go at me, because I found it difficult to read

Quote:
> your badly written posts!

As u recall i replied about your your previous thread's,that i could not
read because u could not spell,does your spell checker not work,or is the
illness got to do with your eye sight !  ~(*-)
oh by the way if u also recall i called u a hypocrite because u had a go
about my eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee(oh look it work's) yet your past thread's (u
know the rest)

But anyway i'm not going down this track again,U hav an illness and
obviously frustrated,ive had plates in my back and ***ed right shoulder,was
run down by a car travelling at 80-100kms while i was stationary from
behind.i  require painkiller's daily but i try and joke with everyone all
the time,and not put my frustrations to thread ! try it tim you'll feel
better ,its easy !  ~(*-)
Beav's got a ***ed back but he's alway's joking,

If u find that a thread is unreadable because someome choose's to use
computer lingo,your the one that misses out ! As a matter of fact dont
bother getting a mobile phone because thats *** SMS messenging is all about
!


Quote:



> > You've been involved with helis for five minutes, are handing out
advice,
> > while ignoring that of people who are far more experience (and I don't
> > include myself there - in terms of hours flown I am still relatively new
> to
> > helis). Have you bought Ray's Manual yet?

> > Tim
> > I'd like to know who has replied here far more experienced,that has been
> > ignored,apart from u ,myself and dave.
> > If a bloke has 5 minutes under his belt,surely he has to know more than
a
> > bloke with 1 minute !   ~(*-)

> >  Have you bought Ray's Manual yet?

> > Most of the boy's at the club hav started without the RAY'S
> manual,normally
> > people buy this book for extra reading as far as ive understood it !I
> really
> > dont see the relevence to daves reply.Its not the be all and end all
> > (although it can help)

> > in terms of hours flown I am still relatively new to
> > > helis

> > Your having a go at dave  and  doing exactly the same thing,but i hav
said
> > this to you before !

> No, you haven't. You had a go at me, because I found it difficult to read
> your badly written posts!

> Has the "e" broken on your computer? Both hav and I'v should really have
an
> e on the end of them.

> In terms of "hours flown" relatively new to helis - compared to RT,
Beavis,
> and Peter Wales, Martin Armistead, and many others who populate this list.
> I've had a heli for three years, am very well read, and take the bulk my
> advice from three quarters - Beavis, because if I didn't he'd shout at me,
> Budd Boulton at Quick UK, because he designs helicopters and upgrade parts
> for a living so he knows how they should go together and work, and Dave
> Fisher, UK F3C team manager, and full time model flying instructor. I have
> not managed to fly as much as I'd like through not being able to get out
due
> to illness, but I have learned a shed load about them in those three
years.

> I was having a go at Dave, because it was suggested that after a few
newbie
> questions that he buy Ray's Manual, and his response was "Why should I, my
> question has been answered"

> Tim.

 
 
 

noises! help help!!!!!

Post by warfer6 » Mon, 20 Aug 2001 11:35:45


 I'm more than happy to answer forehead smacking questions if it means an
out

Quote:
> of control heli isn't going to be flying at me. I answered several
> yesterday.

Yeah with a bad attitude,If you really didnt mind helping why would u class
them as forehead smacking questions !


Quote:



> > On Sat, 18 Aug 2001 12:33:09 +0100, "Timothy Morris"



> > >> On Sat, 18 Aug 2001 09:55:31 +0100, "Timothy Morris"

> > >> This just does not help people Tim.
> > >> What if he has joined a club
> > >> This takes time.
> > >> You sat there looking at your Heli for 2 weeks before getting to the
> > >> club ? no I didn't think so.

> > >No it doesn't, I phoned up one day, arranged a visit, joined the same
> day.

> > Well that contradicts the last post somewhat doesn't it.

> Explain why it contradicts it?

> > >I've already posted that I made very slow progress going along on my
own,
> > >with lots of help from this forum. Joining a club has accellerated that
> > >progress massively.

> > I don't disagree but in short of the above occuring the day you get
> > your Heli you need answers that go beyond wait till someone esle shows
> > you.

> What you fail to be taking into account, is that these things can main or
> even worse, kill - it is sound advice to enlist the help of someone more
> experienced to start off with (I had a one hour lesson provided by the
shop
> where I bought my first heli).

> > >It doesn't have to be a formal club, Beavis for example, flies with a
> group
> > >of friends that help each other out - there are several areas of public
> land
> > >around here where heli fliers are allowed, in those early stages where
> > >dangerous things can happen (and it seems that the original poster has
> only
> > >narrowly missed danger with a throttle that was stuck closed - imagine
> what
> > >could have happened if it was stuck open), the benefit of a little
> > >experience, while not essential, will help massively.

> > I don't agree but it depends on where you come from.
> > For me the primary reason in being in a club is its affiliation with
> > the national controlling body facilitates insurance and belonging to
> > the formal organization I can stay in touch with the latest rules,
> > regs and general goings on, I don't see it as an easy way to get help
> > though, even though I know I may.
> > I may meet people there but do not expect everyone there to be my
> > friend or help me with my Heli, although it may happen with some.

> I don't know where this attitude has come from. The whole point of a club
is
> that you are in it together, I haven't heard of any club where the members
> aren't willing and able to help each other. Perhaps it is your attitude
that
> is the problem.

> > It is up to every individual to do at least some effort to familiarise
> > themselves with the basics so they are not wasting other peoples time
> > at the field asking forehead smacking questions.
> > There are a veritably bevy of web sites written by experienced fliers
> > to obtain such information and no need for people like me or Mr Mgoo
> > to be flying off un-informed and at our peril.
> > It not like the club is the ONLY source of info.
> > This group is one such place.

> I'm more than happy to answer forehead smacking questions if it means an
out
> of control heli isn't going to be flying at me. I answered several
> yesterday.

> > >When you are first starting out in helis, there is a lot to learn.
> Something
> > >like engines is very easy to impart when you are there, but very
> difficult
> > >to describe over the Internet. At a club (or public field), someone
will
> > >just wander over and be able to help with the adjustment process.

> > Yes this is "handy" but being forced to make descriptions can impart
> > more information to allow one to attempt it on their own later (even
> > if only mildly informed) as opposed to someone tweaking it and
> > uttering a brief explanation of what they did.
> > After training the 100th person I would estimate like I say they have
> > better things to do and since everyone here has all the time in the
> > world to discuss and help newbies like me and MGoo, then why not.

> Where do you get this attitude from? Any club would welcome newbies and
> understand that they'll need to go through helis 101 before moving on to
> more advanced topics.

> > >You've been involved with helis for five minutes,

> > 3 weeks actually and flown daily and this is not rocket science or
> > space travel.
> > You may have struggled but I am doing nicely thanks

> Hovering inverted yet? I did yesterday, admittedly with someone on a buddy
> lead who was there to catch it if it went***up - difficult to do if you
> are flying on your own.

> > >are handing out advice,

> > >while ignoring that of people who are far more experience

> > I have not answered in ignorance of advice given by others nor in
> > opposition to it.
> > You are mistaken.
> > If you are not then show me the thread and quote in which I have
> > claimed to know better than advice expressed here by others.
> > And I mean "advice" not "opinion".

> > > (and I don't
> > >include myself there - in terms of hours flown I am still relatively
new
> to
> > >helis). Have you bought Ray's Manual yet?

> > 2 hrs on the internet and most average IQ with the help of google.com
> > could find rehashes if his very same advice at a host of web sites.
> > The information on the Net could probably fill ten of Rays books and
> > only cost me the time to look it up.
> > You have a computer and internet access, why buy a book.

> Because of the depth of information in there. It was suggested in a
previous
> thread that you buy the book, and your response was that you already had
one
> question answered. I have 5 books on helis sitting on the shelf behind me
> and I have read every one cover to cover. That's the advice you need. You
> can get superficial advice from the Internet, but if you want to learn
more
> detail about a subject then really you need to read more.

> > >People like you come and go on a regular basis,

> > So does the sun and the moon
> > Your point is ?

> The point is, in the last three years we've had numerous opinionated
newbies
> like you who only listen when they're told what they want to hear, in in
the
> end they disappear. There are those of us who've been participating here
for
> a number of years, and will be here for a number of years to come, helping
> out newbies with sound tried and tested advice, rather than something we
> discovered last week.

> > >anyone remember Bob Cardone?

> > As I recall this issue is between you and I, why attract other to this
> > issue ?

> I think the phrase you are looking for is "you and me". Preposition -
dative

> > Admit it Tim, your a rude bastard and not welcoming to new arrivals at

> again it should be you're - short for you are. I don't own a "rude
bastard".
> I'm more than happy to help newbies, I just don't like opinionated
> arseholes. Guess which you are.

> Tim.

 
 
 

noises! help help!!!!!

Post by warfer6 » Mon, 20 Aug 2001 11:42:19


Quote:
>Hovering inverted yet? I did yesterday, admittedly with someone on a buddy
>lead who was there to catch it if it went***up - difficult to do if you
>are flying on your own.

Ever hand built 2 stroke racing expansion chambers for a living ? I
have.
Do I get a gold star Tim ?
No I dont.

My***'s bigger than your***,no its not !   lolololololoo


Quote:

> >> >> You sat there looking at your Heli for 2 weeks before getting to the
> >> >> club ? no I didn't think so.

> >> >No it doesn't, I phoned up one day, arranged a visit, joined the same
> >day.

> >> Well that contradicts the last post somewhat doesn't it.

> >Explain why it contradicts it?

> You said you flew it before you went to a club.
> Now you say same day.

> >> >I've already posted that I made very slow progress going along on my
own,
> >> >with lots of help from this forum. Joining a club has accellerated
that
> >> >progress massively.

> >> I don't disagree but in short of the above occuring the day you get
> >> your Heli you need answers that go beyond wait till someone esle shows
> >> you.

> >What you fail to be taking into account, is that these things can main or
> >even worse, kill -

> So can a house brick during forward flight.
> Your point ?

> > it is sound advice to enlist the help of someone more
> >experienced to start off with (I had a one hour lesson provided by the
shop
> >where I bought my first heli).

> Lucky you.
> So did I
> He set it up badly.
> handed me the controls and said raise the heli and lower the heli and
> keep doing that until you can fly it.
> Then he took off-fuced to a more important engagement.

> >> >It doesn't have to be a formal club, Beavis for example, flies with a
> >group
> >> >of friends that help each other out - there are several areas of
public
> >land
> >> >around here where heli fliers are allowed, in those early stages where
> >> >dangerous things can happen (and it seems that the original poster has
> >only
> >> >narrowly missed danger with a throttle that was stuck closed - imagine
> >what
> >> >could have happened if it was stuck open), the benefit of a little
> >> >experience, while not essential, will help massively.

> >> I don't agree but it depends on where you come from.
> >> For me the primary reason in being in a club is its affiliation with
> >> the national controlling body facilitates insurance and belonging to
> >> the formal organization I can stay in touch with the latest rules,
> >> regs and general goings on, I don't see it as an easy way to get help
> >> though, even though I know I may.
> >> I may meet people there but do not expect everyone there to be my
> >> friend or help me with my Heli, although it may happen with some.

> >I don't know where this attitude has come from.

> So tell us what else you dont know.

> >The whole point of a club is
> >that you are in it together, I haven't heard of any club where the
members
> >aren't willing and able to help each other.

> Nor have I and have no idea why you would say it.

> > Perhaps it is your attitude that
> >is the problem.

> Do you have a problem ?
> I don't.

> >> It is up to every individual to do at least some effort to familiarise
> >> themselves with the basics so they are not wasting other peoples time
> >> at the field asking forehead smacking questions.
> >> There are a veritably bevy of web sites written by experienced fliers
> >> to obtain such information and no need for people like me or Mr Mgoo
> >> to be flying off un-informed and at our peril.
> >> It not like the club is the ONLY source of info.
> >> This group is one such place.

> >I'm more than happy to answer forehead smacking questions if it means an
out
> >of control heli isn't going to be flying at me.

> So you would trust soemone who has absolutely no clue more than
> someone who appears to understand and can follow what you tell them
> first time.
> Take out insuance now Tim.
> That's free advice.

> >I answered several
> >yesterday.

> Why are you competing ?
> You dont get a gold star for answering the first 50 correct questions
> at usenet Tim.
> The purpose is to give advice to others to the questions they ask not
> vitroil to the questions you think they shouldnt ask.
> I mean, who the fk are you.

> Why are you so competitive on such an un-competive subject.
> I got much more of a welcome as a newcomer to motor sport from people
> I later competed against for money trophies and glory than you and
> they actually had some knowledge to defend such as you do not.

> >> Yes this is "handy" but being forced to make descriptions can impart
> >> more information to allow one to attempt it on their own later (even
> >> if only mildly informed) as opposed to someone tweaking it and
> >> uttering a brief explanation of what they did.
> >> After training the 100th person I would estimate like I say they have
> >> better things to do and since everyone here has all the time in the
> >> world to discuss and help newbies like me and MGoo, then why not.

> >Where do you get this attitude from?

> How should I know Im not aware of any attitude.

> >Any club would welcome newbies and
> >understand that they'll need to go through helis 101 before moving on to
> >more advanced topics.

> Yes and grass is green and sky is generally blue. and ?

> >> >You've been involved with helis for five minutes,

> >> 3 weeks actually and flown daily and this is not rocket science or
> >> space travel.
> >> You may have struggled but I am doing nicely thanks

> >Hovering inverted yet? I did yesterday, admittedly with someone on a
buddy
> >lead who was there to catch it if it went***up - difficult to do if
you
> >are flying on your own.

> Ever hand built 2 stroke racing expansion chambers for a living ? I
> have.
> Do I get a gold star Tim ?
> No I dont.
> Dont we a wally.

> >> >are handing out advice,

> >> >while ignoring that of people who are far more experience

> >> I have not answered in ignorance of advice given by others nor in
> >> opposition to it.
> >> You are mistaken.
> >> If you are not then show me the thread and quote in which I have
> >> claimed to know better than advice expressed here by others.
> >> And I mean "advice" not "opinion".

> >> > (and I don't
> >> >include myself there - in terms of hours flown I am still relatively
new
> >to
> >> >helis). Have you bought Ray's Manual yet?

> >> 2 hrs on the internet and most average IQ with the help of google.com
> >> could find rehashes if his very same advice at a host of web sites.
> >> The information on the Net could probably fill ten of Rays books and
> >> only cost me the time to look it up.
> >> You have a computer and internet access, why buy a book.

> >Because of the depth of information in there. It was suggested in a
previous
> >thread that you buy the book, and your response was that you already had
one
> >question answered. I have 5 books on helis sitting on the shelf behind me
> >and I have read every one cover to cover. That's the advice you need. You
> >can get superficial advice from the Internet, but if you want to learn
more
> >detail about a subject then really you need to read more.

> Book mechanics.

> >> >People like you come and go on a regular basis,

> >> So does the sun and the moon
> >> Your point is ?

> >The point is, in the last three years we've had numerous opinionated
newbies
> >like you who only listen when they're told what they want to hear,

> The attitude you have to them does not surprise me coming from you
> after your drivel thus far..

> > in in the
> >end they disappear.

> With the likes if you here trolling their questions, not a wonder.

> > There are those of us who've been participating here for
> >a number of years, and will be here for a number of years to come,
helping
> >out newbies with sound tried and tested advice, rather than something we
> >discovered last week.

> So now youve been here for years.
> Your a regular Walter Mitty.

> >> >anyone remember Bob Cardone?

> >> As I recall this issue is between you and I, why attract other to this
> >> issue ?

> >I think the phrase you are looking for is "you and me". Preposition -
dative

> peurlie and childish
> someone here (alt.spelling) cares.

> >> Admit it Tim, your a rude bastard and not welcoming to new arrivals at

> >again it should be you're - short for you are. I don't own a "rude
bastard".

> peurlie and childish
> someone here (alt.spelling) cares.

> >I'm more than happy to help newbies,

> Bullshit youre simply a puerile troll who wishes to harass newbies to
> pump up your own self worth at the expense of others.

> > I just don't like opinionated
> >arseholes. Guess which you are.

> And childish games.

 
 
 

noises! help help!!!!!

Post by brian stang » Mon, 20 Aug 2001 07:41:57


I love watch you UK guys going at it.. Keep up the good work. I side with
MPA on this one, Tim looks like a troll. (grin)

regards
brian

Quote:

> > Admit it Tim, your a rude bastard and not welcoming to new arrivals at

> again it should be you're - short for you are. I don't own a "rude
bastard".
> I'm more than happy to help newbies, I just don't like opinionated
> arseholes. Guess which you are.

> Tim.

 
 
 

noises! help help!!!!!

Post by warfer6 » Mon, 20 Aug 2001 12:51:06


Hi brian

MPA and i are AUSSIE'S how dare you accuse us of being pom's    lololol
~(*-)


Quote:
> I love watch you UK guys going at it.. Keep up the good work. I side with
> MPA on this one, Tim looks like a troll. (grin)

> regards
> brian

> > > Admit it Tim, your a rude bastard and not welcoming to new arrivals at

> > again it should be you're - short for you are. I don't own a "rude
> bastard".
> > I'm more than happy to help newbies, I just don't like opinionated
> > arseholes. Guess which you are.

> > Tim.

 
 
 

noises! help help!!!!!

Post by brian stang » Mon, 20 Aug 2001 08:09:04


Hey I'm kool with the Aussie's, I've got a friend Geo Woodward in Canberra,
he sent me some shims for my raptor. Super nice guy.
 As for the original topic I read ya'll post all this time. If you are new
to this hobby or not advice is something to be shared, even a newbie can
offer advice, however it tends to***off folks when a perceived new feller
gives advice and I hate that and ego trips.
regards
brian


Quote:
> On Sat, 18 Aug 2001 22:41:57 -0000, "brian stanga"

> >I love watch you UK guys going at it..

> Actually its the Aussie V UK
> Perhaps I could burn my old Heli and we could compete for the Ashes
> :-)

 
 
 

noises! help help!!!!!

Post by Timothy Morri » Mon, 20 Aug 2001 15:44:57



Quote:
> On Sat, 18 Aug 2001 22:41:57 -0000, "brian stanga"

> >I love watch you UK guys going at it..

> Actually its the Aussie V UK
> Perhaps I could burn my old Heli and we could compete for the Ashes
> :-)

Bringing up the cricket, now that is below the belt. I'm usually an avid
test watcher, and watch every day's play all the way through. I'm so
depressed at the current score rate (looks like it will be 5 nil), that I'm
going out to fly instead of watching the cricket.

For ***'s sake you even beat the awesome Lions touring team at rugby.

I'm really getting bored with this pissing contest, so I'll just make a few
statements below, and leave it at that.

1. I have been a paraplegic for 6 years as a result of a motorbike accident.
I suffer from excruciating pain at times which painkillers won't touch, so
it often gets in the way of flying. It has given me a lot of time though to
learn about helis - how they are constructed, how to cure vibration, setting
up radios - even Beavis emails me when he has a problem with the 8U.

2. I get a lot of help at the club that I've just joined. I'm allowed to
drive my car right up to the pits area, someone always helps me unload, and
then parks the car for me. People are always offering to help in one way or
another. I repay this help by sharing knowledge. When I was learning I got a
hell of a lot of help here. I feel that it is only right that in return I
answer questions when I can.

3. Although it is perfectly possible to learn to fly on your own, not
everyone has the mechanical or technical aptitude to be able to problem
solve. Certainly with the help of this forum, and other resources I learned
about how to set up a heli, tune an engine etc., but this sort of thing
comes naturally to me.

4. An improperly set up helicopter can turn itself into a killing machine,
with no input at all from the flyer. As that is the case I will always
recommend that a new flyer at least gets his heli checked over by someone
who knows what they are doing before flying it.

5. Flying with other people makes a massive difference to rates of progress.

Tim.

 
 
 

noises! help help!!!!!

Post by warfer6 » Mon, 20 Aug 2001 19:15:18


Mr timbo
               I regret hearing about your injury,i think because i was a
gym junkie for so long i was strong in the back area and just cheated what u
hav,although the pain in both calf muscles (from back) i wish they would cut
the ***y thing's off.

But anyway regardless of all the explanation's i think what dave and myself
hav found is the harshness of your replies towards new players.

When i first come to my club(the very first day to look) i stood there for
about an hour looking like a spare *** at a wedding,and no-one came over
until about an hour and a half.i felt it was a real effort to talk to
anyone,now to me thats not a good way to recruit member's.
so when dave asked about the club,i made a time and date,when i saw him i
went up to him straightaway ,introduced myself and also introduced him to
all the heli pilot's,(no i dont want a elephant stamp lolol)i didnt get
that,but because i know how it feel's and its not good for the sport.We have
to answer questions (anything) over and over again,and still feel good about
it.


Quote:



> > On Sat, 18 Aug 2001 22:41:57 -0000, "brian stanga"

> > >I love watch you UK guys going at it..

> > Actually its the Aussie V UK
> > Perhaps I could burn my old Heli and we could compete for the Ashes
> > :-)

> Bringing up the cricket, now that is below the belt. I'm usually an avid
> test watcher, and watch every day's play all the way through. I'm so
> depressed at the current score rate (looks like it will be 5 nil), that
I'm
> going out to fly instead of watching the cricket.

> For ***'s sake you even beat the awesome Lions touring team at rugby.

> I'm really getting bored with this pissing contest, so I'll just make a
few
> statements below, and leave it at that.

> 1. I have been a paraplegic for 6 years as a result of a motorbike
accident.
> I suffer from excruciating pain at times which painkillers won't touch, so
> it often gets in the way of flying. It has given me a lot of time though
to
> learn about helis - how they are constructed, how to cure vibration,
setting
> up radios - even Beavis emails me when he has a problem with the 8U.

> 2. I get a lot of help at the club that I've just joined. I'm allowed to
> drive my car right up to the pits area, someone always helps me unload,
and
> then parks the car for me. People are always offering to help in one way
or
> another. I repay this help by sharing knowledge. When I was learning I got
a
> hell of a lot of help here. I feel that it is only right that in return I
> answer questions when I can.

> 3. Although it is perfectly possible to learn to fly on your own, not
> everyone has the mechanical or technical aptitude to be able to problem
> solve. Certainly with the help of this forum, and other resources I
learned
> about how to set up a heli, tune an engine etc., but this sort of thing
> comes naturally to me.

> 4. An improperly set up helicopter can turn itself into a killing machine,
> with no input at all from the flyer. As that is the case I will always
> recommend that a new flyer at least gets his heli checked over by someone
> who knows what they are doing before flying it.

> 5. Flying with other people makes a massive difference to rates of
progress.

> Tim.