FS-Mom's Edison Phonograph !!

FS-Mom's Edison Phonograph !!

Post by Dan Flemi » Tue, 28 Mar 1995 01:14:54



EDISON HOME PHONOGRAPH GOODIES FOR SALE !!!

(MOM'S EDISON PHONOGRAPH REVEALED, finally)

I finally got the info about this Edison machine that I posted
about a while back.

She (Mom) Has the following for sale and I'm trying to get a
fair price for her. (just like you would do for your Mother...)

1 good machine for restoration.
It is a Edison phonograph and the metal plate has the ser.#
H169624 stamped on it.  Also other info about patents, #'s, etc.
 Some of the pinstriping (gold) is worn.  The wood box is about
16 X 9 inches at the base (appx.), and is in solid condition.
 The integrety of this machine is excellent but it does need
restoration.
 The lid for the base is solid too with a wooden handle on the
top.  The lid is rounded also.
 The motor works well and original crank is there too.
 The base simply says Edison on front. (no fancy ribbon with
Edison Home Phonograph)
 The reproducer ?? is here I think. (silver round metal thing
that is sort of cone shaped with a round lid that pops open)
 The horn is black and I think the "crane" is missing.
 I don't see any needle or whatever on the machine except for
the tracking mechanism.
 The motor has a silver colored metal (tapered cylinder upon
which the wax cylinders slide) that is 4 and 11/16's long.
 There is no belt with the machine.

2nd Machine is not complete....
 It is the same motor only it says Edison Home Phonograph on
top and has serial #332137.  It doesn't appear to work.
(spring?)
 There is another base that is in good shape with the fancy
decal with the ribbon and the writing that says Edison Home
Phonograph on it.  It is actually in better shape than the
first base I described and the writing is very readable.
 However this machine has no top cover.
 There is another crank with this machine too.
 It also has a reproducer (I think that is what it is) but it
seems slightly different  than the first with something looking
similiar to a speaker diaphram.  It is round and the same size
as the reproducer in the other unit.
 There is no crane or horn with this unit.
 It seems that the base and motor, etc. is the same size as
the first unit I described to you.

 All in all, I would say that this equipment is very typical
of the type of equipment that restorers are always looking
for. eg: very solid, but needing refinish, some parts, etc.

 I will entertain all input as to the value, offers, etc. of
this equipment.

 Thanks from Mom (and me too)

 Email here or at:

 
 
 

FS-Mom's Edison Phonograph !!

Post by conkl » Wed, 29 Mar 1995 00:46:15


Quote:

>EDISON HOME PHONOGRAPH GOODIES FOR SALE !!!

>(MOM'S EDISON PHONOGRAPH REVEALED, finally)

>I finally got the info about this Edison machine that I posted
>about a while back.

>She (Mom) Has the following for sale and I'm trying to get a
>fair price for her. (just like you would do for your Mother...)

>1 good machine for restoration.
>It is a Edison phonograph and the metal plate has the ser.#
>H169624 stamped on it.  Also other info about patents, #'s, etc.
> Some of the pinstriping (gold) is worn.  The wood box is about
>16 X 9 inches at the base (appx.), and is in solid condition.
> The integrety of this machine is excellent but it does need
>restoration.
> The lid for the base is solid too with a wooden handle on the
>top.  The lid is rounded also.
> The motor works well and original crank is there too.
> The base simply says Edison on front. (no fancy ribbon with
>Edison Home Phonograph)
> The reproducer ?? is here I think. (silver round metal thing
>that is sort of cone shaped with a round lid that pops open)x

   The reproducer has a letter on it, usually C.  
It sits on the top of the carriage.  

Quote:
> The horn is black and I think the "crane" is missing.
> I don't see any needle or whatever on the machine except for
>the tracking mechanism.
> The motor has a silver colored metal (tapered cylinder upon
>which the wax cylinders slide) that is 4 and 11/16's long.
> There is no belt with the machine.

   So how do you know it works?

- Show quoted text -

Quote:
>2nd Machine is not complete....
> It is the same motor only it says Edison Home Phonograph on
>top and has serial #332137.  It doesn't appear to work.
>(spring?)
> There is another base that is in good shape with the fancy
>decal with the ribbon and the writing that says Edison Home
>Phonograph on it.  It is actually in better shape than the
>first base I described and the writing is very readable.
> However this machine has no top cover.
> There is another crank with this machine too.
> It also has a reproducer (I think that is what it is) but it
>seems slightly different  than the first with something looking
>similiar to a speaker diaphram.  It is round and the same size
>as the reproducer in the other unit.
> There is no crane or horn with this unit.
> It seems that the base and motor, etc. is the same size as
>the first unit I described to you.

> All in all, I would say that this equipment is very typical
>of the type of equipment that restorers are always looking
>for. eg: very solid, but needing refinish, some parts, etc.

> I will entertain all input as to the value, offers, etc. of
>this equipment.

> Thanks from Mom (and me too)

> Email here or at:


--

# N. C. Central University         |  internet signature.              #
# Durham, North Carolina USA       |  Support Cygnet Horns for Edison  #
# Support Medicare for All Ages    |  Firesides.                       #