Earthlink: Thanks but NO THANKS!

Earthlink: Thanks but NO THANKS!

Post by Mike » Sun, 13 Mar 2005 10:48:00



I am always happy to provide information regarding our decals and dial
scales.  Recently, I have sent several responses to Earthlink users
only to have them returned by Earthlink because the sender has not
added my e-mail address to their "approved" list.  Earthlink asks that
I go to their web page and fill out a form to request permission to
send e-mail to that user.

Please understand the following:

I WILL NEVER EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, DO THAT.

If Earthlink has such bum software that it cannot ask you if you want a
response when you send an e-mail to someone that's not on your list,
get another ISP.

Sorry folks, I just don't have time for silly games.

Mike
Rock-Sea Enterprises
http://members.aol.com/rockseaent/

 
 
 

Earthlink: Thanks but NO THANKS!

Post by Ron Lawrence KC4YO » Sun, 13 Mar 2005 11:06:09


Mike, I agree completely.
I think it's the height of rudnes to
make someone have to ask premission
befor you can send them an email.

Filling out those forms is just another way to
mine your address so they can add you to some
spam list.

Ron

 
 
 

Earthlink: Thanks but NO THANKS!

Post by Michael A. Terrel » Sun, 13 Mar 2005 11:15:34


Quote:

> I am always happy to provide information regarding our decals and dial
> scales.  Recently, I have sent several responses to Earthlink users
> only to have them returned by Earthlink because the sender has not
> added my e-mail address to their "approved" list.  Earthlink asks that
> I go to their web page and fill out a form to request permission to
> send e-mail to that user.

> Please understand the following:

> I WILL NEVER EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, DO THAT.

> If Earthlink has such bum software that it cannot ask you if you want a
> response when you send an e-mail to someone that's not on your list,
> get another ISP.

> Sorry folks, I just don't have time for silly games.

> Mike
> Rock-Sea Enterprises
> http://members.aol.com/rockseaent/

   So?  If you don't need the business, go ahead and ignore them.  On
the other hand some people get hundreds of pieces of spam a day and
don't have time to wade through it for the real e-mails.  You have to
manually add each person AFTER they reply. I try to check my "Suspect
e-mail " file three or four times a day and catch most replies before
people have time to reply to the request.  That's the way Earthlink's
spam blocker works.

   Since I already know your policy I you will not get any email from
me, knowing that you won't reply.
--
?

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

 
 
 

Earthlink: Thanks but NO THANKS!

Post by Michael A. Terrel » Sun, 13 Mar 2005 11:17:36


Quote:

> Mike, I agree completely.
> I think it's the height of rudnes to
> make someone have to ask premission
> befor you can send them an email.

> Filling out those forms is just another way to
> mine your address so they can add you to some
> spam list.

> Ron

  Great way to alienate people who may be able to help you find a part
or manual you need.  In fact, you might be ignoring the only person who
has what you need.  Great plan!

--
?

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

 
 
 

Earthlink: Thanks but NO THANKS!

Post by Ken Doyl » Sun, 13 Mar 2005 11:26:44


Even Yahoo Mail has better spam filtering than that.

Ken D.



Quote:

> > I am always happy to provide information regarding our decals and dial
> > scales.  Recently, I have sent several responses to Earthlink users
> > only to have them returned by Earthlink because the sender has not
> > added my e-mail address to their "approved" list.  Earthlink asks that
> > I go to their web page and fill out a form to request permission to
> > send e-mail to that user.

> > Please understand the following:

> > I WILL NEVER EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, DO THAT.

> > If Earthlink has such bum software that it cannot ask you if you want a
> > response when you send an e-mail to someone that's not on your list,
> > get another ISP.

> > Sorry folks, I just don't have time for silly games.

> > Mike
> > Rock-Sea Enterprises
> > http://members.aol.com/rockseaent/

>    So?  If you don't need the business, go ahead and ignore them.  On
> the other hand some people get hundreds of pieces of spam a day and
> don't have time to wade through it for the real e-mails.  You have to
> manually add each person AFTER they reply. I try to check my "Suspect
> e-mail " file three or four times a day and catch most replies before
> people have time to reply to the request.  That's the way Earthlink's
> spam blocker works.

>    Since I already know your policy I you will not get any email from
> me, knowing that you won't reply.
> --
> ?

> Michael A. Terrell
> Central Florida

 
 
 

Earthlink: Thanks but NO THANKS!

Post by graha » Sun, 13 Mar 2005 11:52:17




Quote:

>> Mike, I agree completely.
>> I think it's the height of rudnes to
>> make someone have to ask premission
>> befor you can send them an email.

>> Filling out those forms is just another way to
>> mine your address so they can add you to some
>> spam list.

>> Ron

>  Great way to alienate people who may be able to help you find a part
> or manual you need.  In fact, you might be ignoring the only person who
> has what you need.  Great plan!

... kind of like BILL TURNER not wanting requests for items we all
    know he doesn't have ...
 
 
 

Earthlink: Thanks but NO THANKS!

Post by Jon » Sun, 13 Mar 2005 11:57:08



Quote:
>I am always happy to provide information regarding our decals and dial
> scales.  Recently, I have sent several responses to Earthlink users
> only to have them returned by Earthlink because the sender has not
> added my e-mail address to their "approved" list.  Earthlink asks that
> I go to their web page and fill out a form to request permission to
> send e-mail to that user.

> Please understand the following:

> I WILL NEVER EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, DO THAT.

> If Earthlink has such bum software that it cannot ask you if you want a
> response when you send an e-mail to someone that's not on your list,
> get another ISP.

> Sorry folks, I just don't have time for silly games.

> Mike
> Rock-Sea Enterprises
> http://members.aol.com/rockseaent/

Mike,
    I'd hope that you reconsider this.  It's a simple action, and hopefully
the customer appreciate you going the extra step and will become a repeat
customer. We all can't choose how our ISP acts, and some of us may be more
limited than others in our choice for ISP.  My ISP's done some stupid stuff,
but the only other broadband alternative I have here is EarthLink or AOL.
There is no ISDN service where I live.

--
Jon Scaptura
Endicott, NY

See my antique radios here:
http://www.scaptura.com/radio/gallery/Antique_radios

 
 
 

Earthlink: Thanks but NO THANKS!

Post by Mike » Sun, 13 Mar 2005 12:16:41


I am reading here that if someone using Earthlink sends a message to
me, that they have no way to add my e-mail address to their approved
list?  And, apparently Earthlink doesn't flag it when you hit "send"
that this person is not on your approved list.

Please help me understand this...

Do I want the business?  I am retired, and this business is a hobby.
I'm delighted to provide what I can to help in restoration of old
radios.  I'm currently cleaning up from flooding here that occurred in
January and trying to ship as many orders as possible... but I'm way
backlogged.

I you send an e-mail to me asking a question, I wil hit "reply" and
answer you.  If I get a response from Earthlink that says "stand on
your head and wiggle your toes first", I will ignore it.  I see this as
a software problem with Earthlink.

Mike
RSE
http://members.aol.com/rockseaent/

 
 
 

Earthlink: Thanks but NO THANKS!

Post by Arthur Den » Sun, 13 Mar 2005 13:05:28


It would seem to me that people with Earthlink should know this
and when they send an email and expect a reply they would add that person to
their approved list.
Glen


Quote:
>I am always happy to provide information regarding our decals and dial
> scales.  Recently, I have sent several responses to Earthlink users
> only to have them returned by Earthlink because the sender has not
> added my e-mail address to their "approved" list.  Earthlink asks that
> I go to their web page and fill out a form to request permission to
> send e-mail to that user.

> Please understand the following:

> I WILL NEVER EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, DO THAT.

> If Earthlink has such bum software that it cannot ask you if you want a
> response when you send an e-mail to someone that's not on your list,
> get another ISP.

> Sorry folks, I just don't have time for silly games.

> Mike
> Rock-Sea Enterprises
> http://members.aol.com/rockseaent/

 
 
 

Earthlink: Thanks but NO THANKS!

Post by Michael A. Terrel » Sun, 13 Mar 2005 13:08:47


Quote:

> Even Yahoo Mail has better spam filtering than that.

Yahoo doesn't offer broadband.

--
?

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

 
 
 

Earthlink: Thanks but NO THANKS!

Post by Michael A. Terrel » Sun, 13 Mar 2005 13:22:36


Quote:

> ... kind of like BILL TURNER not wanting requests for items we all
>     know he doesn't have ...

   Bill is the only other I've ever seen complain about the way
spamblocker works.

   One nice thing is you can chose to block up to 500 ISPs that don't
block spam.  When you report an e-mail address as a spammer it is used
to update their master list of spammers to reduce the number you will
see.  Some moron is forging several of my e-mail addresses and bouncing
all kinds of ***back from bad e-mail addresses and someone infected
with a worm must have had one of my accounts in his address book because
I get ***grams from filter software at different ISPs.  I was only
back online about 15 minutes after a year of no access and I started
receiving several day old bounced email messages on accounts I hadn't
even used.  My old netscape account is useless these days.  I get
hundreds of bounces for mail I never sent.
--
?

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

 
 
 

Earthlink: Thanks but NO THANKS!

Post by Michael A. Terrel » Sun, 13 Mar 2005 13:24:50


Quote:

> I am reading here that if someone using Earthlink sends a message to
> me, that they have no way to add my e-mail address to their approved
> list?  And, apparently Earthlink doesn't flag it when you hit "send"
> that this person is not on your approved list.

> Please help me understand this...

> Do I want the business?  I am retired, and this business is a hobby.
> I'm delighted to provide what I can to help in restoration of old
> radios.  I'm currently cleaning up from flooding here that occurred in
> January and trying to ship as many orders as possible... but I'm way
> backlogged.

> I you send an e-mail to me asking a question, I wil hit "reply" and
> answer you.  If I get a response from Earthlink that says "stand on
> your head and wiggle your toes first", I will ignore it.  I see this as
> a software problem with Earthlink.

> Mike
> RSE
> http://members.aol.com/rockseaent/

   Fine.  I have several radios that need new glass.  I guess I'll toss
them in a dumpster or give them to the local vo-tech for parts.  I
wouldn't want to bother you for any help.
--
?

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

 
 
 

Earthlink: Thanks but NO THANKS!

Post by Michael A. Terrel » Sun, 13 Mar 2005 13:29:48


Quote:

> It would seem to me that people with Earthlink should know this
> and when they send an email and expect a reply they would add that person to
> their approved list.
> Glen

   It doesn't work that way.  It it set up to stop spam bots from
getting randomly generated names through their filters.  A real user
will reply, a spam program won't.

   Not only that, but most Earthlink users will use their default mail
client from their browser to send e-mail, not the webmail server at
Earthlink.  I answer some e-mail directly from the webmail server but
all original messages are generated by the mail client in Netscape 4.78
that has no way to tell Earthlink to expect a reply.

--
?

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

 
 
 

Earthlink: Thanks but NO THANKS!

Post by Bill Turn » Sun, 13 Mar 2005 13:45:48


THATS THE KIND OF PERSON ONE LOVES TO DEAL WITH.

CHECK MY WEBSITE: www.dialcover.com
Bill Turner, excuse  caps, short answers, stroke.
Business SASE, each order a copy of The Pocket Resource Guide.  

 
 
 

Earthlink: Thanks but NO THANKS!

Post by Bill Turn » Sun, 13 Mar 2005 13:40:07


I THINK I GET ABOUT AS MUCH SPAM AS ANYBODY, BUT I THINK ITS NONSENSE TO
BAR SOMEONE JUST BECAUSE YOU HAVE NOT PREVIOUSLY CONTACTED THAT PERSON.

CHECK MY WEBSITE: www.dialcover.com
Bill Turner, excuse  caps, short answers, stroke.
Business SASE, each order a copy of The Pocket Resource Guide.