i am new to the group.
i have the oppurtunity to purchase a brunswick 78 rpm
stand up record player....it has:
- a light quartersawn oak finish
- with hand crank,
- collection of spare(and possibly old needles),
- 25 records i can choose from a large cllection,
- the top opens to reveal the tuntable w/speed control,
- the volume (2 levels) was located on the
right side rear near the top,
- said to be 1109-1912 vintage,
- the condition looks very good to me..there are a
couple small chips of the wood on the corners of
the top...very small, though looks like normal
type of wear...there was a crack in the speaker
cover lacework that was fixed and you can't really
tell unless you lok for it...
- it has been refurished by the owner who is a an
antique collector/dealer witha good reputation
- i got him down to 450 which will include 25 records
that i can choose from his large collection...along with
about 30-40 needles (tax not included)
is this a reasonable price for what i see as a good working
good looking brunswich?? my sister paid $350 for a mahogonay
victrola that looks very similar (with small doors for the
speaker area and dark stain)
i would appreciate and info you might have or suggestions
on a decent price...please email at my address on the mail
as i don't have the oppurtunity to scan the ng too often..
tahnks again for any info...