Free Monday: #44 lamps

Free Monday: #44 lamps

Post by Brenda An » Wed, 24 May 2006 10:48:26



No takers last time. I'll make the same offer again.

First one to e-mail me gets 10 (hell, let's make it 15) good used #44 lamps,
postpaid. (for those not familiar with the term, that means I am paying the
postage)

 
 
 

Free Monday: #44 lamps

Post by Tom Adkin » Wed, 24 May 2006 11:11:04


Quote:

> No takers last time. I'll make the same offer again.

> First one to e-mail me gets 10 (hell, let's make it 15) good used #44 lamps,
> postpaid. (for those not familiar with the term, that means I am paying the
> postage)

No takers? OK, if it will make you feel better, I'll take 'em. I will, of course, owe
you one in kind. I'll tuck them into my rather limited bulb stash for possible future
use. I have to ask, how did you accumulate so many used lamps? Check the "from" line
for my email, should be there.
                Thanks Brenda, Tom

 
 
 

Free Monday: #44 lamps

Post by Steve » Wed, 24 May 2006 15:02:02


So what lamp does a Zenith 6D030 need for the pilot lamp on the trim
bar (beneath Zenith)? It says PL-1 6.3V .15A and that sounded similar
actually to the lamp I put in a 1980 Fisher's dial! I think that was a
47? but the Fisher never did pan out  

Thank you in advance.

 
 
 

Free Monday: #44 lamps

Post by Brenda An » Wed, 24 May 2006 15:11:57



Quote:
> So what lamp does a Zenith 6D030 need for the pilot lamp on the trim
> bar (beneath Zenith)? It says PL-1 6.3V .15A and that sounded similar
> actually to the lamp I put in a 1980 Fisher's dial! I think that was a
> 47? but the Fisher never did pan out

> Thank you in advance.

Zenith mostly used 47's.
 
 
 

Free Monday: #44 lamps

Post by Steve » Wed, 24 May 2006 15:44:28


If I dig there may be one around. This dead bulb won't be killing the
set eventually, will it?
 
 
 

Free Monday: #44 lamps

Post by Steve » Wed, 24 May 2006 15:49:18


I have the schematic up right now.
 
 
 

Free Monday: #44 lamps

Post by Steve » Wed, 24 May 2006 16:04:33


It shows that the circuit it's tied to starts at G0 (Getter?) of the
12SA7GT converter and branches off to line with a 10,000 ohm resistor
that goes to the power switch on one end (from AC), and continues
through a C9 capacitor, .05 mfd? to the lamp. It returns to P and Ht
(Heater?) of 35Z5GT. I'd say it's not supposed to work with out the
pilot yet it does, suggesting it was bypassed but not with what or if
correct to keep it going. What does that sound like to you?
 
 
 

Free Monday: #44 lamps

Post by Brenda An » Wed, 24 May 2006 17:50:44



Quote:
> It shows that the circuit it's tied to starts at G0 (Getter?) of the
> 12SA7GT converter and branches off to line with a 10,000 ohm resistor
> that goes to the power switch on one end (from AC), and continues
> through a C9 capacitor, .05 mfd? to the lamp. It returns to P and Ht
> (Heater?) of 35Z5GT. I'd say it's not supposed to work with out the
> pilot yet it does, suggesting it was bypassed but not with what or if
> correct to keep it going. What does that sound like to you?

Dial lamps on series string radios are across two filament pins on the
rectifier tube, in your case the 35Z5.  If you don't replace the lamp, the
filament will have too much current flowing through it and will burn out
fairly quickly.
 
 
 

Free Monday: #44 lamps

Post by Steve » Wed, 24 May 2006 22:19:57


Okay, I'll pull the back later and have a look. At least Radio Shack
carries 47s here as I recall. I seem to have heard some characterisitc
of the audio that concerned me slightly and maybe that is a symptom.