Help: Why does my RC10GT suddenly rev up but not go anywhere?

Help: Why does my RC10GT suddenly rev up but not go anywhere?

Post by Tom » Fri, 25 Jun 1999 04:00:00



(*SNIP!*)

Quote:
> engine, you don't want to test the conn rod! You may also want to
> check the brass collet...the one's I've had go bad just go bad and
> that's it, the engine stalls or won't start, but maybe yours is
> slipping, or something...ehh, something to consider:) Hope this helps!

I'd expect if the collet were slipping the engine would die immediately,
or at best run poorly and slowly, not run quicker.

___
TTTTT   OO   M   M The sixth sick shiek's sixth sheep's sick.   |~~~|

  T    O  O  M M M So if it is in or if it is on it is as it is,  *  
  T     OO   M   M        be it in or on.                        `-'

 
 
 

Help: Why does my RC10GT suddenly rev up but not go anywhere?

Post by Joh » Sat, 26 Jun 1999 04:00:00


My RC10GT has been upgraded with a bearing kit, MIP 4N1 clutch and MIP
Stinger 360' exhaust (my next upgrade is a PD kit for my Dynamite 12S
pullstart).  Anyways, lately I've been having this problem...Every so often
(once every few tanks) my gt will rev when I nail the throttle, but it won't
go anywhere.  When I let off the throttle and the open it up again, the
problem corrects itself.  The tires aren't spinning when this happens.  Any
ideas on what causes this?  Do I just have to tighten the diff, or could this
be a more serious problem?
                Thanks

PS: any information on upgrading to non pullstart and PD is appreciated

 
 
 

Help: Why does my RC10GT suddenly rev up but not go anywhere?

Post by Brok » Sat, 26 Jun 1999 04:00:00




Quote:
>My RC10GT has been upgraded with a bearing kit, MIP 4N1 clutch and MIP
>Stinger 360' exhaust (my next upgrade is a PD kit for my Dynamite 12S
>pullstart).  Anyways, lately I've been having this problem...Every so often
>(once every few tanks) my gt will rev when I nail the throttle, but it won't
>go anywhere.  When I let off the throttle and the open it up again, the
>problem corrects itself.  The tires aren't spinning when this happens.  Any
>ideas on what causes this?  Do I just have to tighten the diff, or could this
>be a more serious problem?
>                Thanks

>PS: any information on upgrading to non pullstart and PD is appreciated

When it does it again, try to see if the clutch bell is turning...if
it is, something is wrong on that side of the drivetrain...the gear
mesh, slipper, diff, hubs, etc. If the bell is not turning when it
revs up, suspect the clutch. It sounds as if the clutch is*** up
and just not engaging. Have you just tried holding it at 1/3 throttle
when it starts revving like that, and hold it for a few seconds, to
see if it grabs and corrects itself? It may just suddenly catch, or
slowly come into power, which could help pinpoint the problem. Just be
sure not to nail it to full throttle with little/no load on the
engine, you don't want to test the conn rod! You may also want to
check the brass collet...the one's I've had go bad just go bad and
that's it, the engine stalls or won't start, but maybe yours is
slipping, or something...ehh, something to consider:) Hope this helps!

Broke

RMRL Racing member #53

 
 
 

Help: Why does my RC10GT suddenly rev up but not go anywhere?

Post by Matt » Sat, 26 Jun 1999 04:00:00


I upgraded my PD to non pull start with a MIP butsink, I just had to cut off
the knob on the crank shaft and that was it. If you don't have tools to cut
off the knob just buy a non-pull start crankshaft and replace your current
one with it.

Matt


Quote:
> My RC10GT has been upgraded with a bearing kit, MIP 4N1 clutch and MIP
> Stinger 360' exhaust (my next upgrade is a PD kit for my Dynamite 12S
> pullstart).  Anyways, lately I've been having this problem...Every so
often
> (once every few tanks) my gt will rev when I nail the throttle, but it
won't
> go anywhere.  When I let off the throttle and the open it up again, the
> problem corrects itself.  The tires aren't spinning when this happens.
Any
> ideas on what causes this?  Do I just have to tighten the diff, or could
this
> be a more serious problem?
>                 Thanks

> PS: any information on upgrading to non pullstart and PD is appreciated

 
 
 

Help: Why does my RC10GT suddenly rev up but not go anywhere?

Post by j.. » Sat, 26 Jun 1999 04:00:00


Quote:

>When it does it again, try to see if the clutch bell is turning...if
>it is, something is wrong on that side of the drivetrain...the gear
>mesh, slipper, diff, hubs, etc.

Don't forget my favorite, snapped outer CVD pins.  Until I made my own
out of the right material, this happened way too much.

jmf

www.fraz.com

 
 
 

Help: Why does my RC10GT suddenly rev up but not go anywhere?

Post by Joh » Mon, 28 Jun 1999 04:00:00



Quote:

>>When it does it again, try to see if the clutch bell is turning...if
>>it is, something is wrong on that side of the drivetrain...the gear
>>mesh, slipper, diff, hubs, etc.

>Don't forget my favorite, snapped outer CVD pins.  Until I made my own
>out of the right material, this happened way too much.

>jmf

>www.fraz.com

Thanks guys, this should give me anough to go by.