MP-6 Stabilizers

MP-6 Stabilizers

Post by left » Sat, 23 Dec 2000 13:47:45



I just got some stab. bars for the MP-6, is there a trick to setting them up
or do you just stick 'em on and go??

--
-

 
 
 

MP-6 Stabilizers

Post by David Andriesse » Sat, 23 Dec 2000 15:35:20


You can change the tension of the bar by mounting the ball-ends farther
in or out on the bar. Also make sure both ball-end mounts have the exact
same length.

--

david


Quote:
> I just got some stab. bars for the MP-6, is there a trick to setting
them up
> or do you just stick 'em on and go??

> --
> -


 
 
 

MP-6 Stabilizers

Post by left » Sat, 23 Dec 2000 16:01:40


Thanks David,
How does changing the tension affect the handling??

Lefty.


Quote:
> You can change the tension of the bar by mounting the ball-ends farther
> in or out on the bar. Also make sure both ball-end mounts have the exact
> same length.

> --

> david



> > I just got some stab. bars for the MP-6, is there a trick to setting
> them up
> > or do you just stick 'em on and go??

> > --
> > -

 
 
 

MP-6 Stabilizers

Post by David Andriesse » Sat, 23 Dec 2000 20:21:11


Quote:
> How does changing the tension affect the handling??

> Lefty.

Stiffer ARB: less roll, generally less traction, less stability on rough
surfaces, quicker/more agile response.
Softer ARB: more roll, generally more traction, better stability on
rough surfaces, slower response.

--

david

 
 
 

MP-6 Stabilizers

Post by left » Sun, 24 Dec 2000 18:06:59


Ok, thanks David, now, one last question and I'll leave you alone!!
How do I adjust the tension??


Quote:
> > How does changing the tension affect the handling??

> > Lefty.

> Stiffer ARB: less roll, generally less traction, less stability on rough
> surfaces, quicker/more agile response.
> Softer ARB: more roll, generally more traction, better stability on
> rough surfaces, slower response.

> --

> david

 
 
 

MP-6 Stabilizers

Post by David Andriesse » Thu, 28 Dec 2000 21:43:35


By mounting the upper ball-end with the set-screw farther in or out on
the ARB (out softer, in harder).

--

david


Quote:
> Ok, thanks David, now, one last question and I'll leave you alone!!
> How do I adjust the tension??



> > > How does changing the tension affect the handling??

> > > Lefty.

> > Stiffer ARB: less roll, generally less traction, less stability on
rough
> > surfaces, quicker/more agile response.
> > Softer ARB: more roll, generally more traction, better stability on
> > rough surfaces, slower response.

> > --

> > david

 
 
 

MP-6 Stabilizers

Post by left » Fri, 29 Dec 2000 07:25:38


Thanks David,
Have a happy new year!!


Quote:
> By mounting the upper ball-end with the set-screw farther in or out on
> the ARB (out softer, in harder).

> --

> david



> > Ok, thanks David, now, one last question and I'll leave you alone!!
> > How do I adjust the tension??



> > > > How does changing the tension affect the handling??

> > > > Lefty.

> > > Stiffer ARB: less roll, generally less traction, less stability on
> rough
> > > surfaces, quicker/more agile response.
> > > Softer ARB: more roll, generally more traction, better stability on
> > > rough surfaces, slower response.

> > > --

> > > david