Does anyone own a Duratrax Maximum MT Pro? I have one and I am
very disappointed. I'd like to know whether I got a lemon, or
this is fundamentally a bad truck. Here are some of the problems
I have experienced in the first few weeks of ownership.
* The rear axles fall out of the differential joints during
hard cornering or mild jumps. It seems that the inside
brace that the rear turnbuckle rods attach to is too
* The wheels are attached to the axles with aluminum
tapered hex nuts. These hex nuts are supposed to
keep the wheel from spinning independently of the
tire. The theory is that you tighten the
tiny nut that bolts the wheel to axle and the tapered
hex nut will grip the axle well enough to prevent
the wheel from spinning. I have gone through several
of the nuts. Once the wheel starts spinning, the tapered
hole becomes too large and the hex nut is destroyed.
If you have this truck, tighten the heck out of the
nut on the end of the axle.
* All of the suspension joints fit loosely. This results
in a lot of slop in the steering.
* The 48T plastic gear driven by the two-speed clutch stripped.
I'm not sure if this is a design flaw, but steel gears
may be more appropriate.
* The***holding the outer clutch gear on was not loctited
and fell off.
* The gas tank had a crack and leaked fuel.
* One differential joint broke in half.
* The steering servo arm fell off.
Not all is bad. The engine is strong and starts easily. This truck
is fast once it gets going.