Touring car with ALL electrics (not a sale)

Touring car with ALL electrics (not a sale)

Post by Marc Wynte » Sun, 23 Aug 1998 04:00:00



OK I have a question. Can somebody please recommend a good STARTING (but
raceable, tunable, and hop-ups available) touring car that's not too
expensive. Like the HPI RS4 Sport. Can somebody please recommend a good...

Radio
ESC (under $60 that can handle mod motors like 16T)
Motor (mod or stock)
Any other things you'd recommend a beginner to buy


Marc

 
 
 

Touring car with ALL electrics (not a sale)

Post by Gerard. » Mon, 24 Aug 1998 04:00:00


Here's what i'd get.

a) RS4 Sport (Try to get one with a narrow (190mm) body eg, integra,
Audi. Cars like the Corvette amd some others are wide (200mm), they
actually come with longer dogbones. Most touring car bodies are narrow.

b) bearing kit

c) ESC....Duratrax streak($50) or Tekin Speedstar($58)

d) Motor, TRINITY Speedgem RUBY 16x3. $25 - $30 ), much better value
than an expensive stock motor.

e) Radio..FUTUBA PCKA ($80 last time i checked from TOWER), or you can
try a HITEC LYNX FM ($90) or the Lynx AM for $50. Just make sure it has
dual rate steering -(allows to adjust steering throw) -all the ones i
listed have it.

Gerard

Quote:

> OK I have a question. Can somebody please recommend a good STARTING (but
> raceable, tunable, and hop-ups available) touring car that's not too
> expensive. Like the HPI RS4 Sport. Can somebody please recommend a good...

> Radio
> ESC (under $60 that can handle mod motors like 16T)
> Motor (mod or stock)
> Any other things you'd recommend a beginner to buy


> Marc


 
 
 

Touring car with ALL electrics (not a sale)

Post by PGarcia2 » Mon, 24 Aug 1998 04:00:00


Quote:
>d) Motor, TRINITY Speedgem RUBY 16x3. $25 - $30 ), much better value
>than an expensive stock motor.

Trinity also imports a Speedgems Jade motor (15x4) that should work well in a
sedan.

Paul Garcia

 
 
 

Touring car with ALL electrics (not a sale)

Post by REBott » Mon, 24 Aug 1998 04:00:00


Quote:
>Here's what i'd get.

>a) RS4 Sport (Try to get one with a narrow (190mm) body eg, integra,
>Audi. Cars like the Corvette amd some others are wide (200mm), they
>actually come with longer dogbones. Most touring car bodies are narrow.

>b) bearing kit

>c) ESC....Duratrax streak($50) or Tekin Speedstar($58)

>d) Motor, TRINITY Speedgem RUBY 16x3. $25 - $30 ), much better value
>than an expensive stock motor.

>e) Radio..FUTUBA PCKA ($80 last time i checked from TOWER), or you can
>try a HITEC LYNX FM ($90) or the Lynx AM for $50. Just make sure it has
>dual rate steering -(allows to adjust steering throw) -all the ones i
>listed have it.

>Gerard


>> OK I have a question. Can somebody please recommend a good STARTING (but
>> raceable, tunable, and hop-ups available) touring car that's not too
>> expensive. Like the HPI RS4 Sport. Can somebody please recommend a good...

>> Radio
>> ESC (under $60 that can handle mod motors like 16T)
>> Motor (mod or stock)
>> Any other things you'd recommend a beginner to buy

Here's what I have. the prices are approximate and LHS, not MO.

Tamiya TA03 RS. Very agile and fun to drive. About $150

Bearings - $70

Novak Duster2 ESC, Forward/ brake will handle mod motors - $65

Futuba 2PKCA Magnum Jr. with 1 S3003 servo  for about $90.

Motors ROAR stock ( Midnight2 etc.) $28, Modified - any epic based (D3 type)
about $65.

Batteries - 1500 Mah sport packs about $15-20, to the new Trinity 2000 sport
packs - about $60.

Add it all up and it's not all that cheap, but nothing in this hobby that's
worth having is. As for the RS4, a couple of people I race have them and
they're pretty decent cars as well, so I'd say either way you'd have a fun car.

Rob