Lesson 2 -
1. Add a title for your page - <title></title> Type the text between
<title> and </title> that you want others to see in the title bar of
their browser AND it's also the name of the bookmark when people
bookmark your page.
2. Between <body> and </body> write the text for your page
3. To make a paragraph indention use 5
4. To make a new paragraph with no line between paragraphs use <br>
5. To make a new paragraph with a line between paragraphs use <p>
6. To center text on a page use <center> your text </center>
Here's what mine looks like:
<title>Polymer Clay Page</title>
This page is dedicated to the wonderful
sites I've found
on Polymer Clay and the artists whose creations have captured my
imagination. Until recently I didn't even know this medium
existed as an art form, but now I'm hooked.<br>
I hope you will enjoy these sites as
much as I have. Who knows maybe soon you'll be hooked, too.
<center>I will be listing the site and what I liked most about
And you can find it online here -
<html></html> - starts and ends page
<head></head> - must be at the beginning of your page
<body></body> - the majority of your document is between these two
<title></title> - Type the text you want others to see in the title
bar of their browser AND it's also the name of the bookmark when
people bookmark your page.
- This equals one space - just like you pressed your space bar.
<br> line break - it makes a new line
<p> paragraph break - skips a line and then makes a new line
<center></center> Centers text on the page
HOW TO VIEW YOUR PAGE -
Open up your browser and click on "file" up at the top left of your
Click "open" and browse to the location of your file and you can open
your file in your browser. Then when you make a change in your
WordPad save and then click "refresh" or "reload" on your browser and
you'll see the new changes.
All lessons will be posted at http://www.scican.net/~haxton/lessons/