Okay. Here it is, and it's a little long. If you're downloading this from
an online service... hmmm, this may be too long. Let me know, I'll break
it up into several smaller messages...or something. You're invited to post
your own. Let's make this thing huge!
General format is - Name, Phone, notes.
- Accent Imports (800)989-2889 wholesaler for fimo product line; Brian is
point of contact. Accent supplies the other distributors like Clay
Factory, etc. fimo brick - $5.10, blade - $1.36 bus. fimo-source.
- Baubles & Beads (510)644-2323 very good bead store in Oakland, CA. -
Baxter Scientific (800)753-0234 sell disposable microtome blades (knife):
regular [M7180-1]; 1 box of 60 is $72.
- Bead Shop (408)261-0432 nice bead shop, a bit pricey.
- Bead Shop (415)949-1984 nice bead shop, a bit pricey.
- Beads Galore (800)424-9577.
- D&J Hobby (408)379-1696 good craft & hobby store in San Jose, CA. resale
discounts, fimo, foils, beads & supplies.
- Dee1s Delights (800)543-1834 source for metallic foils, miniatures.
- Earthstone (800)999-0478 source for beads.
- Fire Mountain Gems (800)423-2319 jewelry makers catalog.
- Foredom Electric Co. (203)792-8622 manufacturer of Foredom bench
grinder; attn: Repair Dept: I needed to send faulty grinder back to them
for repair; staff handled problem very well.
- Frantz Bead (206)426-6712 beautiful beads in catalog.
- Gems Galore (415)968-8707 Mt View, CA. a Fordeom product line
distributor, they carry Foredom bench lathe.
- Global Bead (415)967-7556 Mt View, CA; retail store; beads, books.
- Golden Artists Colors (607)847-6154 source for high quality interference
paints; brand carried in more serious art supply stores; paints
recommended by Tory Hughes.
- Halstead (800)528-0535 cheapest source for jewelry findings.
- Hansa (800)325-2930 source for venetian glass beads.
- Jerryco (American Science & Surplus (312)475-8440 source for misc stuff;
paints recommended by Tory Hughes.
- Nina Designs (800)336-6462 sterling silver supplies.
- Norton Hahn, Inc (201)625-1764.
- Optional Extras (800)736-0781 Burlington, VT source for beads; poor to
mediocre selection and quality, no fimo!, no blades.
- Orb Weaver (510)658-8131 Oakland, CA very good bead/craft store.
- Ornament Magazine (619)599-0222 excellent quality and reference for artwork.
- Ornamental Resources (303)567-4987 beads, major source; another phone
- Ottomans (800)869-9134.
- Peninsula Bead Supply (408)253-6434 mediocre bead shop, San Jose.
- Quilting Bee (415)969-1714 Mt View,CA fimo supplier, fimo classes.
- Rings & Things (800)366-2156 catalog is $2.00.
- Rio Grande (800)545-6566 good source for jewelry findings, books,
stones; there are 5 catalogs.
- River Gems & Findings (800)443-6766 catalog is big, heavy, full of
jewelry pieces $10.00.
- San Antonio Hobby Shop (415)941-1278 Mt View CA, fimo-tool source.
- Shipwrecked (800)950-4232 jewelry, bead supplies.
- The Clay Factory (800)243-3466 good selection of almost everything to do
with polymer clays.
- Thunderbird Supply Co (800)545-7968 carries Foredom bench grinder,
lathe, polishers. Order hi-speed, variable bench grinder, a TM4 spindle, a
muslin disk (706001).Total package is about 6 lbs - so shipping is around
$5.50. Calatog costs $8.
- Trader Rose (904)462-7580.
- University Art Center (408)297-4707 San Jose, CA; carries Golden and
Liquitex brands interference paints; also carries fimo and related
supplies; noted as being very high priced.
- Vermont Plastic Specialties (802)879-0072 $10 minimum order; point of
contact - Mr. Money; source for acrylic sheets, rods, tubes, etc.