Hasbro's Zoids action figures vs. Tomy's metal actions...

Hasbro's Zoids action figures vs. Tomy's metal actions...

Post by bodun » Mon, 18 Feb 2002 13:20:19



Can anyone out there make a reasonable comparison?  It seems the metal
actions still look better than Hasbro's mainly because it looks to have more
detail.  But I've only seen internet pictures to compare the two.

Can anyone at Toyfair 2002 make a judgement?

I was planning to get 2 ligers, a jager unit, a schneider unit, and a BF
from the MA series for $250 (including S&H).  But if these hasbro figures
even compare, I might be able to save a little money:)

 
 
 

Hasbro's Zoids action figures vs. Tomy's metal actions...

Post by David » Sun, 17 Feb 2002 15:09:08


Quote:
>I was planning to get 2 ligers, a jager unit, a schneider unit, and a BF
>from the MA series for $250 (including S&H).  But if these hasbro figures
>even compare, I might be able to save a little money:)

Well, there's no toy Schneider or BF from Hasbro (yet!).  I don't know of
anyone on this board that was at Toyfair, other than the guys from ASM, and I
don't know how much they know about Zoids (to make a comparison).  

David H.
(please remove "nospam" to reply via e-mail)

 
 
 

Hasbro's Zoids action figures vs. Tomy's metal actions...

Post by bodun » Mon, 18 Feb 2002 15:15:51


Sorry, I was mainly referring to the Jager for comparisons.  Can't wait for
a Schneider or BF though.


Quote:
> >I was planning to get 2 ligers, a jager unit, a schneider unit, and a BF
> >from the MA series for $250 (including S&H).  But if these hasbro figures
> >even compare, I might be able to save a little money:)

> Well, there's no toy Schneider or BF from Hasbro (yet!).  I don't know of
> anyone on this board that was at Toyfair, other than the guys from ASM,
and I
> don't know how much they know about Zoids (to make a comparison).

> David H.
> (please remove "nospam" to reply via e-mail)

 
 
 

Hasbro's Zoids action figures vs. Tomy's metal actions...

Post by Prabal Nand » Mon, 18 Feb 2002 01:11:45


Quote:
> Can anyone out there make a reasonable comparison?  It seems the metal
> actions still look better than Hasbro's mainly because it looks to have
more
> detail.  But I've only seen internet pictures to compare the two.

    Right now I'd have to say that the Hasbro toys have _more_ detail than
the Metal Action.... and look substantially bigger. On the other hand, they
probably won't have removable armor, etc.
    It's really hard to say before the toys actually come out and someone
gets one and plays around with it a bit, but it really looks to me like the
Hasbro versions are bigger, more like the model kits, and may be nearly as
articulated as the MAs. But again it's hard to say before we actually see
these guys out.