1/48 VF-1S - Anybody got it yet?

1/48 VF-1S - Anybody got it yet?

Post by Bryan Smit » Thu, 06 Aug 1998 04:00:00



Hey!

Has anybody gotten at least a shipping notice from HLJ on the Club-M
1/48 VF-1S Strike Valkyrie yet?

--
 ___________________________                  _______________
/\          Bryan Smith     \                |  ____   ____  |

  |     Texas Instruments    |                      | |
  |  Compiler Memory Design  |               /\     | |   |\  /|
  |     ##################   |              /__\    | |   | \/ |
  |  ________________________|             /    \   | |   |    |
  \_/________________________/                    __| |__
                                                 |_______|

 
 
 

1/48 VF-1S - Anybody got it yet?

Post by Jason Neuhau » Thu, 13 Aug 1998 04:00:00


Nope,
  As a matter of fact, I've got a lot of stuff that's been on backorder
for a while now.  A lot of stuff I ordered the day it appeared on the
web page.  I wonder if HLJ is getting bogged?  Anyone know?

    Jason

Quote:

> Hey!

> Has anybody gotten at least a shipping notice from HLJ on the Club-M
> 1/48 VF-1S Strike Valkyrie yet?

> --
>  ___________________________                  _______________
> /\          Bryan Smith     \                |  ____   ____  |

>   |     Texas Instruments    |                      | |
>   |  Compiler Memory Design  |               /\     | |   |\  /|
>   |     ##################   |              /__\    | |   | \/ |
>   |  ________________________|             /    \   | |   |    |
>   \_/________________________/                    __| |__
>                                                  |_______|

--
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Jason Neuhaus
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta Georgia

Homepage: http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Launchpad/6333

 
 
 

1/48 VF-1S - Anybody got it yet?

Post by Mai Koua Tha » Thu, 13 Aug 1998 04:00:00


Quote:

> Nope,
>   As a matter of fact, I've got a lot of stuff that's been on backorder
> for a while now.  A lot of stuff I ordered the day it appeared on the
> web page.  I wonder if HLJ is getting bogged?  Anyone know?

hlj generally takes a little bit longer.  they have a more comprehensive
list, but that doesn't mean they have it in stock.  rainbow ten, on
the other hand, lists less items but 98% of the items listed are in
stock.

i've ordered items from both before at the same time.  rainbow ten
usually arrives 2-3 weeks after confirmation.  hlj arrives a few
months afterwards...but again, hlj gives you the opportunity to
obtain some kits that are not readily available.

together, the two stores complement each other well.  despite the
wait though, it's still worth it to pay 50-100% less than the
prices here at the local anime or hobby shop.

patience is a virtue as they say.

ciao,
laly
----

   o/~  When everything's made to be broken,  o/~
   o/~  I just want you to know who I am.     o/~

                - "Iris"  Goo Goo Dolls

 
 
 

1/48 VF-1S - Anybody got it yet?

Post by Jason Neuhau » Thu, 13 Aug 1998 04:00:00


Quote:

> i've ordered items from both before at the same time.  rainbow ten
> usually arrives 2-3 weeks after confirmation.  hlj arrives a few
> months afterwards...but again, hlj gives you the opportunity to
> obtain some kits that are not readily available.

> together, the two stores complement each other well.  despite the
> wait though, it's still worth it to pay 50-100% less than the
> prices here at the local anime or hobby shop.

> patience is a virtue as they say.

hehe, it figures that shortly after I posted this, I've got 2 of mine in
stock now :)Not the 1/48th yet though, still keeping my fingers crossed :)

    Jason

--
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Jason Neuhaus
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta Georgia

Homepage: http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Launchpad/6333

 
 
 

1/48 VF-1S - Anybody got it yet?

Post by Bryan Smit » Thu, 13 Aug 1998 04:00:00


I've got a lot of stuff on backorder with HLJ. I've been waiting for the
1/48 since a couple of days after it came out, and I've had a YF-21 and
VF-4 on backorder for a while.  How long does it take to get these
things in stock?
I do know that HLJ is doing some booming business cuz they've changed
some of there policies around. As far as them getting bogged down,
well???

Bryan

Quote:

> Nope,
>   As a matter of fact, I've got a lot of stuff that's been on backorder
> for a while now.  A lot of stuff I ordered the day it appeared on the
> web page.  I wonder if HLJ is getting bogged?  Anyone know?

>     Jason


> > Hey!

> > Has anybody gotten at least a shipping notice from HLJ on the Club-M
> > 1/48 VF-1S Strike Valkyrie yet?

--
 
 
 

1/48 VF-1S - Anybody got it yet?

Post by Aaron Antonowi » Fri, 14 Aug 1998 04:00:00




Quote:

>hlj generally takes a little bit longer.  they have a more comprehensive
>list, but that doesn't mean they have it in stock.  rainbow ten, on
>the other hand, lists less items but 98% of the items listed are in
>stock.

Do you have a URL for Rainbow 10?  The only one I could find was entirely
in Japanese.
 
 
 

1/48 VF-1S - Anybody got it yet?

Post by Nevi » Sat, 15 Aug 1998 04:00:00


Quote:
>Do you have a URL for Rainbow 10?  The only one I could find was entirely
>in Japanese.

Try this:

http://www.wbs.or.jp/bt/models/english/

Nev
Nevin Wong
http://www.hknet.com/~nevinwong/
The Model Making Ring
http://www.hknet.com/~nevinwong/mmr.html

 
 
 

1/48 VF-1S - Anybody got it yet?

Post by Hiroaki Fukud » Sat, 15 Aug 1998 04:00:00


The kit started showing up in the shelf of hobby stores in Japan, so you guys
should be able to get it pretty soon.

Hiroaki Fukuda

Quote:


> > i've ordered items from both before at the same time.  rainbow ten
> > usually arrives 2-3 weeks after confirmation.  hlj arrives a few
> > months afterwards...but again, hlj gives you the opportunity to
> > obtain some kits that are not readily available.

> > together, the two stores complement each other well.  despite the
> > wait though, it's still worth it to pay 50-100% less than the
> > prices here at the local anime or hobby shop.

> > patience is a virtue as they say.

> hehe, it figures that shortly after I posted this, I've got 2 of mine in
> stock now :)Not the 1/48th yet though, still keeping my fingers crossed :)

>     Jason

> --
> -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
> Jason Neuhaus
> Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta Georgia

> Homepage: http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Launchpad/6333

 
 
 

1/48 VF-1S - Anybody got it yet?

Post by Scott T. Har » Tue, 18 Aug 1998 04:00:00


Quote:
> i've ordered items from both before at the same time.  rainbow ten
> usually arrives 2-3 weeks after confirmation.  hlj arrives a few
> months afterwards...but again, hlj gives you the opportunity to
> obtain some kits that are not readily available.

> together, the two stores complement each other well.  despite the
> wait though, it's still worth it to pay 50-100% less than the
> prices here at the local anime or hobby shop.

It's absolutely impossible to generalize how long something takes to
arrive from us.  If you're ordering a 1/48 VF-1S, it may take a couple of
weeks.  If you're ordering some really tough garage kits, it may take
months.  But if you're ordering a Master Grade Zeta Gundam, for example,
it will ship tomorrow.  It just depends on the nature of the item (its
production schedule) and our stock.

The advantage of our service over a certain other web based service is
that we will do backorders for customers on hard-to-find items (not to
mention a web site that actually offers meaningful information about the
products).  In other words, you can order and forget.  If we can get the
product for you, you'll eventually get it.  That certain other service
will sell you out of their stock only in most cases.  And of course, we
offer UPS shipping, too, for U.S. customers.  Fast, trackable, insured,
and handled with care (or at least a lot better than the USPS in our
experience!).

--
Scott T. Hards
HobbyLink Japan
http://www.iac.co.jp/~hlj